The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken-War Build

BabyBomi

Question

Apparently broken-war is 1 of the best melees in the game? I just got it from the second dream quest and it already has a catalyst, plus it says vengeful revenant next to it (people told me it was a bug).

How should I mod this beast? Also, how does it compare to war?

Cheers

9 answers to this question

The War is the Galatine on roids, just a tad slower but a heavy hitter.  The Broken-War is a direct upgrade to the Dakra Prime, so build it for damage and attack speed

With Crimson Dervish, and against a single target, the Broken War is the highest dps melee weapon in the game. Against a group, and modded properly, War is the heavier version of the Galantine.

I just use Berserker for speed, then toss on damage. Get triple damage on top of that from Crimson Dervish. You can one-hit enemies even in Sorties. I've seen mine hit as high as 51k, but that's from the occasional crit headshot. Was using it on my Loki, but that was without a stealth melee multiplier.

You could do something like this

http://goo.gl/Xytt3q

I personally don't like berserker on the weapon as it messes up my aim and i end up just swinging at the air 90% of the time making the extra dps pointless, you could replace spoiled for berserker.

War is the new best heavy sword, but not really worth losing Broken War for it at the moment when you can just use Scindo prime, so wait for them to add Broken War to the drop tables before making War and replacing Scindo.

Edited by mrwald0

Why 3x elements?

Because that's how many slots are left after you've put the other mods in...

Also, 3 elements is a good number. 2 elements is absolute minimum, 5 is too many, and using 4 different elements screws up your elemental comboes, forcing you to use a 60% elemental status mod instead, or confining you to Radiation Viral combo because Blast sucks.

So, yeah. 3 elements.