The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Anybody Tell Me More About Afk Penalty?

Non-Player-Character

Question

11 answers to this question

If you stop moving for 2 minutes away. Boom afk marked. No item rewards etc.

If you stop moving and use your abilities only. Boom afk

If you stop moving and use your weapon and stay still boom, afk timer.

All within 2 minutes. So, keep moving. Nudge a little.

I know if the game marks you as AFK in a defense reward screen, if you're AFK for X minutes when it comes up and you don't make a selection to stay or extract in a party, it forces you with the rest of your party and you lose out on the reward. I had to AFK for the last wave of a simple 5-and out- defense, and couldn't make it back in time to select extract, I lost out on the reward.

Honestly though it's a good system. Of you're farming Defense, for whatever reason, the person who is AFK, and not doing anything shouldn't get rewards. To many games, ecspecially the F2P ones, don't have penalties for leeches

I know if the game marks you as AFK in a defense reward screen, if you're AFK for X minutes when it comes up and you don't make a selection to stay or extract in a party, it forces you with the rest of your party and you lose out on the reward. I had to AFK for the last wave of a simple 5-and out- defense, and couldn't make it back in time to select extract, I lost out on the reward.

Honestly though it's a good system. Of you're farming Defense, for whatever reason, the person who is AFK, and not doing anything shouldn't get rewards. To many games, ecspecially the F2P ones, don't have penalties for leeches

You can easily bypass that one.

As simple as it sounds: Carrier. If running Sechura, just stay near the heatspot of kills, let Carrier picky pick items -> prevents afk penalty. It is not a good system afterall.

You can easily bypass that one.

As simple as it sounds: Carrier. If running Sechura, just stay near the heatspot of kills, let Carrier picky pick items -> prevents afk penalty. It is not a good system afterall.

agree, this system is more of a nuisance 

boom i guess :(

Small correction:

Getting weapon kills even while standing still will reset the AFK timer.

what does moving means? if i face a wall and keep pressing W, does that count moving?

"Moving" is actually moving at least 10m. This can be in a circle, back and forth, through the air, whatever.

Also this post reeks of you wanting to write an anti-AFK macro to run against a wall.

Small correction:

Getting weapon kills even while standing still will reset the AFK timer.

"Moving" is actually moving at least 10m. This can be in a circle, back and forth, through the air, whatever.

Also this post reeks of you wanting to write an anti-AFK macro to run against a wall.

Shooting of infested on ODD for couple of waves without moving, and yet noticing too late that the AFK penalty kicked in. Not gaining any affinity, except from my own kills.