Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hailstorm UPDATE v.2 - Frost skin

ArsonGear

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

While I liked the grittyness the old version had (like the uneven lines), it's good you managed to change it according to DE's feedback anyways, so it has a chance of being in the next release. Frost is in desperate need for something like this.

Edited by Naith

While I'll be very happy if Hailstorm gets in the next selection due to the update- I'm not really sure how I feel about it. It feels like a lot of the depth, detail, grittiness, and sort of real-material look from it is just... gone now... Makes me kinda sad. My one major gripe in warframe related to it's design is that the warframes are all too shiny and perfect and flawless. For primes- that makes sense. For normal frames, it just doesn't. We're war machines, I'd expect us to get at least scratched up and we definitely aren't going to repair every cosmetic flaw made to our suits all the time or anything.

I'm just hopeful that the "feedback" given by DE was something like "well this won't work with our graphics engine" or something, rather than "it looks too unclean/doesn't match the style of the game" or anything along those lines... At least then it's something technical that made it need to change and not just them not liking the original look...

EDIT: The lighting/angle/etc was different in the update image- so maybe it's just not possible to see the same detail and it's all still there- just saying what I think from what I can actually manage to see.

Edited by Stratego89

I thought what they meant by the "Giger-ish" parts were the shiny dark ribbing pieces along the side tails of the coat and in the middle of the coat as well, and that was a big reason for them holding this skin back? Might want to clarify on that (unless you already have, in which case, ignore me).

• 2 weeks later...

Ghahhh! The waiting is killing me here. >.> Getting this along with a couple of the frost helms..... and other stuff. :D I really wish they'd attach a release date to all of this too. It would make financial planning a lot easier. 

1 hour ago, ArsonGear said:

Hey thanks so much guys! Can't wait to see what color scheme players come up with.

It's skins like this that make me wish we had a metallics color pallet even more. Been waiting for that for some time now. Just want colors with a metallic finish overlay to them....

3 hours ago, Cortanis said:

It's skins like this that make me wish we had a metallics color pallet even more. Been waiting for that for some time now. Just want colors with a metallic finish overlay to them....

As I- and others- have said in a thread that I now assume you created on that topic. That's literally not possible- it's just not how game models, materials, and textures work. A model's shininess that you want is determined by it's material values- which affect how light behaves with it. Colors are determined by texture values. Neither one being changed affects the other. We can only control the color of something- and we will never be able to affect how shiny it is.

• 1 month later...