The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vaykor Hek Vs. Hek

BabyBomi

Question

18 answers to this question

Yes, if vaykor hek hits with crit then its better than hek. However, normally normal hek is better with dealing more damamge. I have tried tonkor and it deals much more damage and is more effective than hek or vaykor hek. I haven't tried synoid simular YET, but i will forma it one day ;)

The Vaykor Hek has a higher sustained damage than the standard Hek with Augment.

If you have a max rank Primed Ravage, the Vaykor Hek is superior on per-shot damage.

As for Synoid Simulor and Tonkor... Don't compare shotguns to launchers.

hek ---- high lvl enemy, I use for raid or for mission with little enemy but high lvl

vaykor hek --- farm low, medium enemy

synoid simulor --- in mirage u can do all u want,  I use for farm, raid, sleep, eat, whatever in mirage

tonkor -- 2 shot, need to aim, I don't like it, I was trying to put formas but I get bored, im lazy to aim

Vaykor Hek is superior than its normal version, IF you have a maxed Primed Ravage on it.

Not to mention V. Hek has double magazine capacity than normal hek, which I find it quite useful in higher level missions.

Otherwise, hek with scatter justice augment mod will be overkill for any usual missions.

As for Synoid Simulor & Tonkor, pretty much the above posts has answered the question. They are different types of weapons to be compared, but both are awesome to have.

What others have said, a Vaykor is better if you have Primed Ravage.

Also consider that with possible changes to Multishot coming, that Hek augment may change for the worse.

For example if it used ammo from the clip, your Hek could have 1 or 2 shots in it!

We don't know yet what will change, but its worth bearing in mind.

Overall I prefer the Vaykor, 8 shots and faster fire rate make it a nicer weapon to use.

Like everyone said...the V.Hek is superior than the normal hek, IF you have a maxed Primed Ravage.

Think with 2 or 3 crit mods you have over 50% of crit chance per bullet, plus the damage of 2 elementals mods, multishot (if the nerf of that is don't coming soon) and the primed damage mod for shotguns

If you have neither and are MR12, get the Vaykor Hek. No doubt about it. You can stress about on-paper numbers all you want, but VHek's doubled magazine means it craps all over the normal Hek all day every day in actual practical usage.

Now if you already have a pimped out, potatoed and polarised normal Hek and you aren't swimming in credits, Formae and spare time, upgrading to VHek might not be worth the effort until such a time that those things are no longer a concern for you.

If you have neither and are MR12, get the Vaykor Hek. No doubt about it. You can stress about on-paper numbers all you want, but VHek's doubled magazine means it craps all over the normal Hek all day every day in actual practical usage.

Now if you already have a pimped out, potatoed and polarised normal Hek and you aren't swimming in credits, Formae and spare time, upgrading to VHek might not be worth the effort until such a time that those things are no longer a concern for you.

I'm MR6 and still ranking up the syndicate (only rank 2 atm).

Ive seen lot of debates in this topic on various places. There is great comparison somewhere on yt, I think ggg did it. 

Vaykor variant is clearly better however scattered justice mod more then makes up for it. 

With proper mods you can get 6 round magazine in hek and very reliable damage output with minimal investment. 

If you're willing to invest more forma and more expensive mods, vaykor variant can still swim out.