The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Want To Start Doing Sorties...

(XBOX)WiKkEd J

Question

So, just when I was starting to make progress after returning to Warframe they go and add more things to do!  So I took a shot at a sortie...sortie 1 was ok, not too tough, but 2 was just too hard for me with Rhino Prime.  Rhino Prime is my best warframe....many formas, decent mods, etc but I can accept that he's not a good contributing frame for sorties. 

Here's what I have...Rhino Prime, Frost Prime, Excalibur, Vauban and Wukong.  Only Rhino and Frost have any effort put into leveling at the moment.  I've read that Mag is really nice for sorties with shield buffs to enemies so thought about farming her....but what I'd really like is a nice all around frame that can be useful in many situations, so if I go to clan or recruitment chat to find a team for sorties I can pull my weight.

11 answers to this question

I've noticed that people seem to appreciate a slow Nova in the endless-type Sortie missions (Survival, Intercept, Defense) even if your build ends up too squishy to get stuck into large groups of enemies for prolonged periods of time. Your Vauban could probably play a similar role with Bastille in public games if you don't fancy farming up a new frame.

... Mag all the way for Corpus sortie though. Shield Polarize is killer (And she'll cap your Focus within those three missions too if you put a greater lens on her)

Edited by (PS4)Fury-Gagarin

Slow Nova - With it a group that would otherwise fail will walk through missions.

Not just endless either, I always take Slow Nova on Rescue (to be fair she works on all missions).

Pop M-Prime outside the cells rush the cells, and rush out, the hostage will still be alive by the time you hit extraction.

You need as much duration as you can get, Intensify and Power Drift to hit 45% Power Strength (75% slow cap) and Streamline.

Range isn't important on a Slow Nova, especially at these levels, the explosions won't generally cause chain reactions.

Other than that, Frost is great for Defence, Survivals and Interceptions.

Loki, Spy, Sabotage, Exterms

Mag, Corpus missions.

Edited by Egg_Chen

For sorties you need team player frames, for defenses, somewhat for survivals as well. Frost, trin and nova are usual picks.

For exterminates, whatever you like, excal would do fine. Loki too

Spy missions are tricky, if you're not good at spying you're useless baggage, guys who farmed ivara are good in this.

Full invisible loki build with maxed intruder mod is must have.

Bring CP when needed. 

So, just when I was starting to make progress after returning to Warframe they go and add more things to do!  So I took a shot at a sortie...sortie 1 was ok, not too tough, but 2 was just too hard for me with Rhino Prime.  Rhino Prime is my best warframe....many formas, decent mods, etc but I can accept that he's not a good contributing frame for sorties. 

Here's what I have...Rhino Prime, Frost Prime, Excalibur, Vauban and Wukong.  Only Rhino and Frost have any effort put into leveling at the moment.  I've read that Mag is really nice for sorties with shield buffs to enemies so thought about farming her....but what I'd really like is a nice all around frame that can be useful in many situations, so if I go to clan or recruitment chat to find a team for sorties I can pull my weight.

I usually bang the "Utility" drum but if you want to kill things and defend specific objectives reliably I would definitely go with Excal and Exalted Blade. Many will poo on him as being a "Godmode Frame" but don't mistaken, you still have to maintain perspective of your energy output and have a contingency in place for when your energy will be depleted. Even with Rage and efficiency mods- it does happen.

Otherwise study mission modifiers and plan ahead. Banshee and Ash both have augments that can reduce enemy armor, as you said Mag can do some sort of witchcraft that obliterates enemies with high shields, Excalibur and Mesa have built in weapons to take with you in the event there are weapon restrictions, Loki makes eating your Spy Mission Vegetables more tolerable so you can get your desserts later on, everyone has their strengths but Sortie missions just make their accompanying weaknesses scathingly apparent. That is, weaknesses of your Waframes and just prevalent annoying enemy types in general.

Enemies like Ospreys, Nullifiers, and Scorpions/Ancients (same difference) are tenfold broken so just look out for them and you'll be alright. If you're in a corpus mission and see a guy get one-shotted be sure to look at the ground for silent, hard to hit mines that destroyed him otherwise you'll be on the ground too. 

EDIT: Also, run spy missions alone, even if you aren't good at them or particularly enjoy them. I'm not a horrible person so when it comes to playing with strangers I don't feign vomitting in my mouth or state publicly that randos aren't on my self-defined level that means nothing to anyone else, HOWEVER, I've noticed that in public spy missions people don't coordinate very tightly and often enough it's very easy to panic when you realize something might be going awry. It's not that people are inherently "stupid", it's just everyone tries to do what they think is best whenever an alarm is triggered and while maybe ONE or TWO of those ideas are good- perhaps all FOUR of them- EVERY LAST IDEA RUNNING AT ONCE never goes good hahaha.

Edited by (PS4)El__Lobo_Loco

This is currently what I'm building towards. I've never been one to use different frames stuck with excal through 8 mastery levels and just now building a Loki prime after using Loki. So would it be more beneficial for me to also grab a nova and others before I go for it or would I be able to contend with just my Loki and Excalibur