The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I Change My Firewall Settings For Ps4 If I Don't Have Access To My Router/modem?

(PSN)SoManyDoge

Question

I get a notification when I log in to make sure my UDP 4950, 4955 ports are open or something when I log in. I also get notifications saying invite failed to deliver, and I appear offline to everyone even though I can still chat and get a publicly match made. I get I live in an apartment so my LAN connection comes out of my wall. Is there anything I can do to change it? I added the ports to the exception list on my computer, but I play on PS4 so I have no idea if that will change anything.

4 answers to this question

The router/ modem itself would need to see the change for it to affect your PS4. 
If your computer settings allowed for you to change those router settings, it SHOULD then work on your PS4. However, living in an apartment with pre-given WIFI would make it seem this possibility is unlikely, and, instead, you would need to ask your landlord to make those changes for you.

The router/ modem itself would need to see the change for it to affect your PS4. 

If your computer settings allowed for you to change those router settings, it SHOULD then work on your PS4. However, living in an apartment with pre-given WIFI would make it seem this possibility is unlikely, and, instead, you would need to ask your landlord to make those changes for you.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can get it changed if what I did earlier didn't work.  

If your computer settings allowed for you to change those router settings, it SHOULD then work on your PS4.

(which ofcourse for posterity would be if you accessed an IP Address to change settings of a Network device rather than changing the Windows Firewall - changing the settings on your Computer is irrelevant to anything else on the Network).

(which ofcourse for posterity would be if you accessed an IP Address to change settings of a Network device rather than changing the Windows Firewall - changing the settings on your Computer is irrelevant to anything else on the Network).

Which settings you can by the way most probably change under addres 192.168.1.1 if at all, you can make sure of that addres by opening the windows command line, writing "ipconfig /all"  and checking what's written next to "default gateway" in the connection that you use.

If that default gateway addres doesnt load or tells you 'naah no acces' than you have to contact your landlord as devoid has said.