Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Zora's Workshop (new Nyx skin concept)

I like your current skin, I just have some questions...

Are those patterns on her chassis more organic or metallic

The patterns on her chestplate are going to be curvy and organic-looking. The lightning bolts will be jagged, of course, so they will probably look metallic.

If you aren't referring to the design itself, but to the finished skin, I plan on keeping it mostly default (except maybe making the wings metallic). I've never messed with anything outside of the tint mask before, though, so it might end up just default if I can't edit it.

Did I answer your question?

The idea is for this to be a simpler, easy to digest design for zephyr. If it turns out metallic looks will make the skin better, I'll use that.

70GjlMb.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, Zephyr has been labelled

The orange text indicates where each piece of the tint mask goes on her body. It may be a little (lot) hard to read on the forums, so if you are thinking of making a zephyr skin and just want to know where to put the paint, here is your guide.

Now I can actually make a skin (hooray!)

So, progress!

uBhT6Vo.png?1

(I might have to start putting these in spoilers so pages don't take forever to load)

All I changed currently is her front part and her breastplate to the concept colors. I missed a little bit on the breastplate; going to have to go in later and fix it.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Zoracraft

So, progress!

uBhT6Vo.png?1

(I might have to start putting these in spoilers so pages don't take forever to load)

All I changed currently is her front part and her breastplate to the concept colors. I missed a little bit on the breastplate; going to have to go in later and fix it.

What do you guys think?

So far, it looks nice, good job although the colors don't really match the concept but since your still working on it, it's pretty neat. Edited by (PS4)abb12355

Putting it in a spoiler this time

If8CCek.png?1

Fixed the color leak on the breastplate, changed her underside to match the concept more thoroughly. Started working on the arms. Likely going to end up having to edit other parts of the skin when the tint mask is done to make it look nice.

Oh well, all in a day's work

If you're wanting suggestions, I heard that someone awhile ago wanted a more aerodynamic zephyr.

Well, while I can't edit her model itself, this skin is much more simplistic, and has some wind-like decals, so it might suit their wishes

7drHiqrh.jpg

Thx for that

I'm going to be on vacation for a couple days, so I probably won't be able to work on the skin/upload progress much. I will update the thread again when I can when I have made progress.

Thanks for all the support guys!

So, someone else has the first zephyr skin on the workshop...

Fortunately, it seems like It has pretty meh coloration. We're still in it!

I'll probably work on my skin today. Will update everyone with progress.

(BTW, the other skin is called "Levity", if you want to look it up)

So, someone else has the first zephyr skin on the workshop...

Fortunately, it seems like It has pretty meh coloration. We're still in it!

I'll probably work on my skin today. Will update everyone with progress.

(BTW, the other skin is called "Levity", if you want to look it up)

:(

But hey, at least levity looks amazing

Edited by (PS4)abb12355

:(

But hey, at least levity looks amazing

It does look good. Just that all the color previews the guy used were black/grey and one other color. Either he just likes those color combos, or he's hiding something...

Nah, he probably just likes black.

Zephyr's upper arms are pretty much done on my skin. Going to make lower arm, then probably on to upper legs.

Back from vacation. 2 skins in the workshop, but hey, I got a snow day!

More progress:

UdOxPmz.png?1mY3VxR6.png?1

I'm not sure what to do with the color transition on Zephyr's legs. I was thinking of making little strips of red come down from the border, reminiscent of native American dress (hence the thunderbird name). However, I'm not sure if that would fit in Warframe, and I don't want Zephyr to look... underdressed.

The second option I thought of was doing a gradient transition between red and green on her legs. This would be a much calmer transition, but I don't know if it would fit with the rest of the skin. As another option, I could insert another color on the border, much like what occurs with ember's immortal skin, but I don't know if that would look good either.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Just a little progress this time. Fixed some unintended colors on upper legs, and worked on the border between upper and lower legs.

oKekwHp.png?1

Still want feedback on how to do the waist to upper leg transitions. I don't want to work on it, only for people to not end up liking it and having to change it. Just reply with one of the options I mentioned in on the last progress update if you want to chime in, or, if you are feeling inventive, you could suggest another option.

I just want to know what you guys think.