The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Medallions Worth It?

BabyBomi

Question

They're great for when you need points in a pinch and in a very extreme situation, they let you max out opposing/enemy factions (for syandanas, weapons, mods) and quickly raise up again. Besides, they aren't really hard to get, especially once you get used to their spawn locations/behavior and an item radar mod, great for dailies.

I've gathered enough medallions to remax Steel and Suda after maxing out Loka and Perrin (almost there) to get their normally inaccessible goodies.

Finding medallions are extremely helpful in gaining syndicate standings.

Given that the 3 daily missions are medallion-obtainable, you may earn an extra of 10k to 20k everyday, depends on the types of medallion you get.

I just used a week only to switch from Steel/Hexis/Suda to Perrin/Veil/Loka on last week, with findng the medallion of course.

If not, I think it takes another half week to achieve so. 

Edited by SpryCrow

^ If you don't even hit the daily cap then the extra Standing would be all the more important, I'd say :P

Seriously though, with just a few non-super-low-level e.g. Defense / Interception runs you should hit the cap with ease.

Are you equipping Sigils better than the base ones?

Think of this way, the normal syndicate daily-cap is one of the sources of obtaining syndicate standing, while the medallions are another way to do so.

And doing high-tier missions / wearing Sigils with extra standing bonus DO reach the cap faster / get more standing than usual.

As for finding medallions, I often found that pugs are not so fond of finding them. So unless you have found a team from recruit tab for hunting them, I would suggest solo if for medallions.

Also I advise you using Loot Detector aura / Thief's Wit / Animal Instinct on sentinel. The medallions will show on your minimap if so, thus finding them will be much easier.

Edited by SpryCrow

Nyx Absorb AoE or Equinox range build plus a sonicor to wreck every cache quickly as you check each room. Clears them off your radar fast, can usually find all Medallions in about 5 minutes that way. Medallions always spawn in set locations, once you've learnt these it'll make search even faster.

It is better to try and find medallions, but it gets boring to do it on every single syndicate mission. I do it when I feel like it, or I just need that last bit of rep for a mod or weapon.

On a sidenote: Last week I got the last of them all.. all syandanas, weapons and mods from all syndicates. Done! (until they release more)

In addition to extending past the Daily Cap, they also allow you to keep stockpiling Reputation even after hitting the upper limit of 132,000/132,000 in Rank 5 Syndicate.

'Cuz 132k/132k with 50 medallions is more rep than 132k/132k with 10 medallions :) and that's very useful to me cuz I've sorta run out of things to buy from my Syndicates.

It takes me 30 minutes+ to find all medallions with my loki rush build (no potato or forma so it's not that good). I check every single container thing so that's why it takes so long. But are medallions even in those destroyable container things? I saw on the wiki that they contain them, but every medallion I've found so far has been just lying there.

It takes me 30 minutes+ to find all medallions with my loki rush build (no potato or forma so it's not that good). I check every single container thing so that's why it takes so long. But are medallions even in those destroyable container things? I saw on the wiki that they contain them, but every medallion I've found so far has been just lying there.

They just lie there. Container hunt is still a good habit though, since you might trip over a rare or reinforced one in the way.

EDIT: as an advice, a max range high duration Fire Chroma can break containers with Elemental Ward. It's the fastest way i found to clear out the containers. Just bring a Carrier with Animal Instinct and you're golden.

Edited by Autongnosis

They just lie there. Container hunt is still a good habit though, since you might trip over a rare or reinforced one in the way.

EDIT: as an advice, a max range high duration Fire Chroma can break containers with Elemental Ward. It's the fastest way i found to clear out the containers. Just bring a Carrier with Animal Instinct and you're golden.

Yeah I found 5 morphics and 2 gallium in 1 mission... I don't have a chroma hahaha, I guess I just won't break containers, rushing medallions is quicker that way

i have 4 syndicate maxed now i just play game....and i have alwayes  enough but for ppl who grind syndicates from rank 1 yes they will help him a lot

same situation here. I have not spent any standing in so long I dont even do them anymore. Being MR21 helps though 22K a day if I need it. Lower level tenno for sure should get every one you can other than that its a waste of time to me

if u r a noob , then kind a yes, helps with leveling syndicates and maybe a bit more rep to sell a mod for 10ish plat for that slotu desperately need, if u r mid/lategame, a huge waste of time and completely not worth it.

Worth it at rank 3 syndicate?

it speeds up the process of leveling it to max lvl, assuming u have the resources, so i would say its ok. There is not much demand for mods nowadays and even weapons are dirt cheap. 

Basically consider that if u spent lets say 30 mins a day to search medallions and get extra 10-15k standing from that, thats not a very good time investment, in the meantime u could be doing smtn else and get smtn worth a lot more. U will passively gain rep daily anyway, assuming u run void/endless/farm focus, etc, so it won't matter much in the big picture of things ~_~

it speeds up the process of leveling it to max lvl, assuming u have the resources, so i would say its ok. There is not much demand for mods nowadays and even weapons are dirt cheap.

Basically consider that if u spent lets say 30 mins a day to search medallions and get extra 10-15k standing from that, thats not a very good time investment, in the meantime u could be doing smtn else and get smtn worth a lot more. U will passively gain rep daily anyway, assuming u run void/endless/farm focus, etc, so it won't matter much in the big picture of things ~_~

How is the passive syndicate rep calculated? Is it from kills u get or time u spent in the mission etc? I do Draco to level up weapons/frames but I never get a syndicate rep thing