The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Medallions Worth It?

BabyBomi

Question

Yeah I wear the sigil on every frame

Just to make sure, which Sigil exactly?

I never get a syndicate rep thing

After the mission, you can switch between regular mission rewards and Standing changes (either via clicking or I think N and M).

If you don't get the option to switch, you didn't gain any Standing.

Just to make sure, which Sigil exactly?

After the mission, you can switch between regular mission rewards and Standing changes (either via clicking or I think N and M).

If you don't get the option to switch, you didn't gain any Standing.

Yeah I know that lol, maybe I didn't gain any standing because I already finished the daily limit. I wear the +11% sigil because I'm rank 3 for steel meridian. Geez the daily cap must be really small unlike the focus cap...

I used to grab them all the time, these days I barely have time to get my focus done using Draco and RJ Excal and the sorties.  If i had the time I would as syndicates are a good way of getting plat.

So you sell the rewards and stuff? That's a good idea, it would mean quite a bit of rep farming tho

So you sell the rewards and stuff? That's a good idea, it would mean quite a bit of rep farming tho

nah, you can max the cap really easy even without doing a dedicated repfarming run, and if your MR is high enough doing that plus a couple of dailies should net you enough rep to sell at least two augments (around 20p generally). 20p per day is no joke.

Then again, if you went full repfarm then you could potentially accumulate much more (all dailies, all medallions etc).

nah, you can max the cap really easy even without doing a dedicated repfarming run, and if your MR is high enough doing that plus a couple of dailies should net you enough rep to sell at least two augments (around 20p generally). 20p per day is no joke.

Then again, if you went full repfarm then you could potentially accumulate much more (all dailies, all medallions etc).

I'd probably aim for selling the mods and the weapons (I'm sure people would appreciate a vaykor marelok/hek)

Yeah I know that lol, maybe I didn't gain any standing because I already finished the daily limit.

I wear the +11% sigil because I'm rank 3 for steel meridian. Geez the daily cap must be really small unlike the focus cap...

Ah, so you lied when you said you weren't anywhere near the cap, gotcha :P

The daily Standing cap is based on your Mastery Rank, it's (1 + MR) * 1000 Standing

and you can check it on the Syndicate console in your Landing Craft or in your Profile under Syndicates.

Ah, so you lied when you said you weren't anywhere near the cap, gotcha :P

The daily Standing cap is based on your Mastery Rank, it's (1 + MR) * 1000 Standing

and you can check it on the Syndicate console in your Landing Craft or in your Profile under Syndicates.

No i didn't lie hahha, I've just started to focus on syndicate farming that's all hahah. Geez I'm MR8 so I have 9000 daily cap? That's almost nothing wtf.....

If you want to get technical, selling augments is generally a better bet. Weapons rarely go for more than 20-25p (secondaries) or 30-35p (primaries), costing respectively 100k and 125k rep.

Augments cost 25k rep and go for 10p generally. You can also find desperate buyers offering up to 15.20p for a single augment (rare, but it happens). Anyway, even excluding those extremes, ifyou've got patience roling out augments at 10p is much betterthan waiting for weapons, for two reasons:

- a steadier cash flow, since you can rack up enough rep for an augment faster

- a better plat/rep ratio, since augments get 10p/25k, meaning respectively 40p/100k  or 50p/125k compared to secondaries' average of 20p/100k and to primaries' 30p/125k.

To be comfy for syndicate rep the lower limit i'd personally suggest is MR15, so as to have a 16k daily cap.

Medallions don't count towards your daily cap, so if that's a concern, they're worth it. Plus, not all medallions are equal. Regulars are 500 each, glowing are 1000, and the ones with the light pillars are 5000. You'll be super happy you picked up the medallion when see it glowing like the sun.

With your syndicate weapons costing upwards of 125k reputation, plenty of augment mods to pickup, and some other extras, medallions are certainly worth your time.

You can look at it like this... If a syndicate primary weapon sells for about 40 platinum, we can determine that a platinum is worth just over 3000 reputation. If you collect all medallions on one mission, that will usually net you around 5000 rep (being that you usually get 6 normal and 2 glowing medallions). If you're lucky, it can net you twice that... but if we say just the average for your 3 missions, that's 15k reputation... which equates to 5 platinum.

So... is collecting medallions worth a minimum of 5 platinum to you? Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't.

Edited by Flibbertigibbety