The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Superior To Broken War?

BabyBomi

Question

The broken war just doesn't feel powerful enough. It's short reach annoys me as well. I know I can equip a range mod but nah. I don't have Crimson dervish and I can't find anyone selling it.

I DO have tempo Royale though. Should I get War once I reach mr10? I already have the stance for it....

17 answers to this question

imo, go nuts. get make war, its a really flashy weapon and the best impact Two handed weapon in the game so far.

the weapon in general is really slow, but a crit build is usable to use for the Beserk crit build

just make sure you get Broken war to rank 30 for the mastery points as the only way to get broken war is by getting its blue print and breaking War again

War is more like wiping multiple group of enemy ( with tempo royale you can move around easily)

Broken war for fast and rapid assault like cleaning way to your target without movement penalty

The broken war has basically 0 range... Does war usually go for a crit build? I don't want to change its build and make it not as good just for berserker and speed...

Just spam trade chat for a while, you'll find it (crimson dervish).

Not sure, I believe price is around 50p, it is must have mod to make this weapon shine.

Broken war and war are very different weapons, both top of their class, use whatever you prefer or use one for which you have better stance (tempo royale)

Edited by ThorienKELL

The broken war has basically 0 range... Does war usually go for a crit build? I don't want to change its build and make it not as good just for berserker and speed...

War is good because it's Crit/Berserker viable.

And Broken War I believe has the longest reach of any 1-handed sword. And it's the strongest 1-handed sword in the game, and can compete with heavy melees in terms of dps.

Broken-War is the best one-hand sword in the game right now, while War is also one the of best heavy blade right now.

It depends on what type of melee you're looking for, sword for fast and rapid attack, and heavy blade for slow yet serious-dmg hit.

And since OP mentioned you dont have Crimson Dervish but do have Tempo Royale, if you dont intend to buy CD from trade tab for now, I suggest you go with War instead.

Be sure to slap some attack speed, crit mod and berserker on War, if you really decided to go with it.

I usually prefer speed over damage so broken war should be more for me, but idk I'm just not really enjoying it... And yeah I have been spamming Crimson dervish but no one responds (u also can't copy and paste in chat like wat???). I enjoyed the Galatine so I think I should enjoy war. Orthos prime was cool tho, in between broken war and war

um wat

srsly is this a low quality trol bait thread or wat?

'broken war doesnt feel powerful enough' ?!?!?!

the most powerful single handed sword in the game isnt powerful enough? okthnxbai

Coming from the Galatine and orthos prime, it just doesn't feel as good as people make it out to be. The damage is about the same if not better, but it's range is much smaller and it attacks 1 at a time (I don't have CD but it should be still pretty mlg)

Orthos Prime spoils people.  Comparing anything at all to the range on that weapon, it's always going to feel like garbage.  Dervish has a 300% damage multiplier on every attack in the base combo, and the block combo (Coiling Impale) is the base combo with two moves added, that ends in a finisher.  The only problem with Coiling Impale is nothing ever lives long enough to use the finisher.  Dervish is indescribably better than Iron Phoenix - extremely worth the plat.

um wat

srsly is this a low quality trol bait thread or wat?

'broken war doesnt feel powerful enough' ?!?!?! 

the most powerful single handed sword in the game isnt powerful enough? okthnxbai

Well, to be fair all melee suck in end game content.

Well, to be fair all melee suck in end game content.

My radial blind excal Prime disagrees with you...

One shot lvl 100 heavies? Yup.

One shot lvl 100 bombards? Yup.

One shot everything (just about, excluding thing like the juggernaut)? Yup.

What gun can provide cover in the form of enemies being unable to shoot you and said enemies getting one shot at lvl 100?

:)

PS- I hate seeing "melee is garbage endgame" because every day I carry people on soties with just melee :)

My radial blind excal Prime disagrees with you...

:)

PS- I hate seeing "melee is garbage endgame" because every day I carry people on soties with just melee :)

Let us get one thing straight - you don't use melee build, you are using radial blind build. It's a difference. 

Let us get one thing straight - you don't use melee build, you are using radial blind build. It's a difference.

Let's get this straight, I can radial blind with guns all day long, but I only bring a sword, and don't use exaulted blade unless absolutely necessary. Therefore the frame/build means nothing next to the fact that I am with a sword alone. :)