Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Ability Colors

Umbrawear

I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement, but one of the seemingly simplest, yet effective addition to character customization I've ever seen was in a no longer active MMO called City of Heroes. The game had plenty of issues, but when it came to personal customization, they were masters. When customizing you characters' outfit and colors, you also had the choice of changing the colors of your abilities, for example: blue, purple, green etc fireballs, electric jolts, icy shards etc.

I think it would be fantastic to be able to color warframe abilities. It can be somewhat discouraging when you're grouped with another Rhino or Ember and you use Iron Skin, World on Fire, or Overheat, and suddenly after spending awhile poking through color palettes and finding a choice color scheme, you're identical to someone else. I understand that it's impossible to be entirely unique, but adding ability colors would reduce the issue and add, in my opinion, significant flavor to the game.

Different colors for the many fantastic AoE abilities would inspire a firework sort of awe in players. Not to mention it'd add some serious incentive to purchasing the color palettes already available ;)

Maybe that seems ridiculous to you, but maybe it would fit someone else's theme. People could be as extravagant about it as they like. I mean, who hasn't seen giant pink bubblegum fragors? It's up to the individual, that's the great thing about customization.

From my experience, people tended to do more interesting than ridiculous things with the customization options available in City of Heroes. Terrific argument, however, Angius, an impressive straw man fallacy. Thank you for your constructive criticism and for your helpful contribution to this community.

Edited by Umbrawear

I wouldnt mind the ability to have your own personal power color, so long as it's within a realm of reasoning with the Warframe's power.

Take Saryn for instance, adding yellow or blue pustules to Venom would seem...a bit odd...wouldnt it? Perhaps a shade of the default color or something. 

I wouldnt mind the ability to have your own personal power color, so long as it's within a realm of reasoning with the Warframe's power.

Take Saryn for instance, adding yellow or blue pustules to Venom would seem...a bit odd...wouldnt it? Perhaps a shade of the default color or something. 

Poison comes in all sorts of colours...

Even purple...

In real life poison is not just green...

Poison comes in all sorts of colours...

Even purple...

In real life poison is not just green...

I know, most poisons are often colorless, or often yellow. To be fair, Saryn was a bad example. I like customization, I'm the first to call for it in any land of gaming, I'm just not entirely sure if powers can EASILY be customized like appearance colors can. These are visuals that spawn and despawn in matters of seconds. 

I know, most poisons are often colorless, or often yellow. To be fair, Saryn was a bad example. I like customization, I'm the first to call for it in any land of gaming, I'm just not entirely sure if powers can EASILY be customized like appearance colors can. These are visuals that spawn and despawn in matters of seconds. 

Well dependent on the skill being used certainly...

However, it would make sense given our Warframes energy would show in their skills right...?

Energy is practically essence...