The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Frames To Pick?

SatelliteStrike

Question

So after studying the market there are a few frames I wanna make, but oly have 2 warframe slots for now. First on my list is Chroma but he will be last when I get more slots and mastery rank 5. The others are: Rhino prime, Valkyr, Frost, Zephyr and Ivara. So which 2 out of these should I start working on first? Which do you guys recommend?

21 answers to this question

Well, Ivara will most likely be the hardest to get. So, if you want her, you will have to do a lot of spy missions. 

Frost is great at every mission type. 

Valkyr right now is one of the most powerful frames as far as survivability goes, but at the same time, being invincible does not do you any favors are far as improving your skill and helping the team.

Zephyr is fun and can do many things well. Easy to get as well, as long as you are part of a clan.

Rhino is a great well balanced frame that also can be built easily and has great things to offer a team.

So, as far as which to go for first, it really depends on which you like the best. I personally would recommend frost as he scales well into any mission type.

remember frost is limited so get him quick after he goes back 2 vault hes price will go up 

OP mentioned Frost, not Frost Prime.

Frost is staying where he is and will continue to be available. Do not believe people who claim otherwise.

OP mentioned Frost, not Frost Prime.

Frost is staying where he is and will continue to be available. Do not believe people who claim otherwise.

yup sorry i thought he wanted frost prime so in that case i would go for rhino and then frost rhino will will help you lot to get thru boss fights 

Frost Prime is out of vault ATM, so I recommend farming him ASAP. even if you don't get ALL his parts, you can sell them for bank later.

Ivara I'd hold off on until you get a stealth frame already and get REALLY good at Spy vaults. you'll have to run a LOT of them.

Valk is insanely powerful for solo and survivability play. she's also crazy-easy to farm. though her ease of use won't do much for improving your skills

Zephyr requires a LOT of Oxium to craft, AND you need to be in a clan. so definitely work TOWARDS her, but don't be expecting to have her anytime soon

Regular Frost, like Frost Prime, is an AMAZING addition to nearly any team.

Rhino Prime will (maybe) be vaulted soon, so he's another one you should farm up soon, though Regular Rhino is handy as well. he's not as much a help to a team as Frost is tank-wise, but his survivability is greater than Frost, though lower than Valk. BUT his team contribution is higher than Valk(assuming you actually USE the rest of his kit and not just Iron Skin). so he's kinda the middle-ground

Frost Prime is out of vault ATM, so I recommend farming him ASAP. even if you don't get ALL his parts, you can sell them for bank later.

Ivara I'd hold off on until you get a stealth frame already and get REALLY good at Spy vaults. you'll have to run a LOT of them.

Valk is insanely powerful for solo and survivability play. she's also crazy-easy to farm. though her ease of use won't do much for improving your skills

Zephyr requires a LOT of Oxium to craft, AND you need to be in a clan. so definitely work TOWARDS her, but don't be expecting to have her anytime soon

Regular Frost, like Frost Prime, is an AMAZING addition to nearly any team.

Rhino Prime will (maybe) be vaulted soon, so he's another one you should farm up soon, though Regular Rhino is handy as well. he's not as much a help to a team as Frost is tank-wise, but his survivability is greater than Frost, though lower than Valk. BUT his team contribution is higher than Valk(assuming you actually USE the rest of his kit and not just Iron Skin). so he's kinda the middle-ground

100% true 

Well so far have all Rhino Prime parts. One spot filled. Now for other slot the battle so far is between Valkyr and Frost.

well you're debating between 3 tank frames. if you want Ivara, I suggest getting a stealth frame (like she is) first to make vaults easier. Loki is seen as one of the best for Stealth runs, and he's fairly easy to get (and Loki Prime is cheap ATM)

you've already got a tank frame in Rhino Prime, and if you're playing with limited slots than a stealth frame is a good one to go with so you round-off your loadout options.

definitely spend some free time hunting Frost Prime though, if you get all his parts, than great! he's an amazing frame that'll help almost any team. but if you get duplicates or won't use the parts, you can sell them on trade chat for Plat you can use to up your Warframe slots, allowing you to use more of the frames you're looking at

Farm your @$$ off and get Frost Prime while all it will take is your time and void keys. Once he's gone you're looking at hundreds of plat to get him and as said above, he is great for nearly all missions (plus it will help you advance cause everyone needs frost in their group, just get good with him).

- you have less than a week.

Second, farm your @$$ off and get Rhino Prime, cause he will most likely be next to go and having some extra of his parts will net you some pretty good bank. Plus the prime has golden skin, nuff said ;D

- you probably have until February sometime.

3rd & 4th are interchange-able. You can go Valkyr or Zephyr.

- Valkyr is farmable from Salad V and he's pretty easy, plus always groups killing him for neural sensors so you'll have help.

- If you have a clan, Zephyr is a great solo and group frame. So if clanned up and their research game is on point, you can build her no probs (just farm the oxium from Baal, it's easy).

Ivara can wait, but she is fun. I will say that.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

I would have chosen Frost over Rhino mainly because of the utility that frost provides to the team in void missions and in general. Rhino is good to but he wouldn't be my first choice if I had limited warframe slots.

I would say forget Ivara for now and just get Loki, farming for Ivara will be easier with a stealth frame and Loki is the best one available. Also farming for Ivara is a very long and very repetitive task by the time you get all her parts you could have run multiple void missions and earned enough plat to buy more slots.

Just make sure that when you do go for Ivara that you have enough nitain, 9 to be exact, to build her. So start doing nitain alerts that pop up so that when you get her BP's you can start building them straight away.

Personally I'd say Rhino and Ivara/Loki/Ash

Rhino is a great frame for newer players, good defense and good damage, easy to build, swag golden iron skin, no reason not to get him.

Ivara is my bae, she can do anything, and her Prowl is second only to Loki's invis, but it lasts way longer at the cost of reduced move speed.

Ash is a nice balance of stealth and damage,

I'm not a huge Zephyr fan, but she's fun to play around with, and has a neat little Easter egg built in if you can find it!

Nova is also a frame to get, she's really good for most types, and she's valuable in some of the sorties and even the trials!

Eventually once you get plat, and slots you're gonna want to try and get all the frames, tons of mastery points, and having a nice selection of frames is always good.