The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ramparts. De, What Are You Doing?! Stahp!

ShortbusGangster

Wtf? Jump behind them and rek dat grineer. Problem solved. oO

Yeah, that's gonna be fun when you don't know they're there, are in an enclosed area, or are on a high level mission where they can instantly down you before you can get around them, because bullet jump spam isn't actually fast enough.

In an attempt to add "challenge", DE removed any consistency and proper counterplay with them, just like dargyns, in the most hilariously lazy way imaginable, so now they're either ignored or cheesed.

Even if you do manage to get around them, it's still undeniably awful design. They couldn't do something interesting that requires thought, planning or skill to get around, oh no. It's "spam a thing and win", in this case either teleports or bullet jumps.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Yeah, that's gonna be fun when you don't know they're there, are in an enclosed area, or are on a high level mission where they can instantly down you before you can get around them. DE removed any consistency and proper counterplay with them, just like dargyns.

It's not only fun...it always worked so?

Usually videogames will alert us of high level threats.

These things burst us down like ninjas.

We are ninjas, capable of stunlocking whole areas, being invincible, instakilling whole space ships. Why is it so forbidden that enemies can be strong once in a while too?

Even if you do manage to get around them, it's still undeniably awful design. They couldn't do something interesting that requires thought, planning or skill to get around, oh no. It's "spam a thing and win", in this case either teleports or bullet jumps.

Sure that. But acting like ramparts are the most broken enemies here is definitely WRONG. Especially as long as nullifiers are around.

Only issue i have with them is their seemingly Wall hack'y nature. I've seen them trace a tenno in adjacent tilesets. That needs sorting out. 

This is a Rampart pre-firing on a Loki a few tiles behind me (you can see him on the mini-map):

vlcsnap-00087r1o5l.png

And this is before he has even come around the corner:

vlcsnap-00090yiovb.png

This is saying nothing of how they 'snap' to a target... That snap, with it's high ROF is unacceptable. Ramparts are under developed, the mechanics that support them are weak. Which is probably why they made them un-penetrable from the front. A band-aid fix to a wonky addition (Not a fan of Ramparts personally).

They could be a great challenge that spice up tilesets, instead they're a nuisance. 

The amount of times I've gone through a door, or turned a corner to be instantly bursted down by one of these things. . .oh man. The only frames that ever survive it are the ones that i use quick thinking on.

Said the one who is crying about every Nullifier.

If you don't understand how an enemy is broken, it is your problem and not mine.

If you seriously think ramparts are unable to be countered and broken instead of nullifiers, your mind seriously got twisted.

To help you, they are immune to ALL abilites and when you pop the bubble and then cc them, their bubble pops up after 3 seconds and they get free'd. I know my tactics against those but only using them in serious missions. Nullifiers are currently broken and in no fair way a fun enemy. Especially since every effective weapon like atomos or simulor gets patched to not work against them.

And now stop posting unconstructive and salty things here which have nothing to do with the thread. Thanks.

Edited by IceColdHawk

Ramparts... Easy, bullet jump at them, and ground slam them off the rampart.

Nullifiers, also easy, run at them, slide, and cut their legs off at the knees.

Use your imagination, and not just 1 2 3 4,or bullet vomit.

Ever run into a rampart in an enclosed hallway?

I have, found out it was there the hard way when I skidded in and began wall hopping and instantly got hosed put of the air with my valkyr....had I known it was there I would have used hysteria to eat the hundreds of rounds he used to turn my frame I to squish and scrap.

Ever run into a rampart in an enclosed hallway?

I have, found out it was there the hard way when I skidded in and began wall hopping and instantly got hosed put of the air with my valkyr....had I known it was there I would have used hysteria to eat the hundreds of rounds he used to turn my frame I to squish and scrap.

And therein, I believe, lies the crux of the matter. 

As my friend Harald, the Tortoise says:

44a5f1b6b0dce7c0e0b3a658756533f62481c1e0

:)

And therein, I believe, lies the crux of the matter. 

As my friend Harald, the Tortoise says:

44a5f1b6b0dce7c0e0b3a658756533f62481c1e0

:)

=p I had just slide sliced my way through a horde of grunts, I wasn't expecting the hall I slid into was going to have a rampart clear on the other end making for a massive bottleneck.

=p I had just slide sliced my way through a horde of grunts, I wasn't expecting the hall I slid into was going to have a rampart clear on the other end making for a massive bottleneck.

As a result, you'll likely be more careful approaching blind hallways, or potential death-traps in the future. Forcing you to adopt new tactics. Very clever implementation DE made I think. ^^

Ramparts are never really a problem unless you let yourself get pinned down. as soon as you see a Rampart, you should be racing towards it, using bullet jump and sliding etc. to avoid any incoming fire. if you see an empty Rampart, get to it and use it against the Grineer. nothing like giving them a taste of their own medicine.

if you wanna talk enemies that are GENUINELY OP, how about Sapping Ospreys in Sorties?