The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just A Question About Any Upcoming Trading Changes

(PSN)Daikon177

Question

Im just getting back into warframe and dont wanna go through all the devstreams i missed and all i find in the forums is people begging for a change but i want to know if DE has stated that this is even something there working on or something they know needs a change and if so what they have said about it.

Thanks in advance for any info!

14 answers to this question

Maroo's bazaar!

Unfortunately that is not a fix to the problem, just another problem. Everytime I go there it is filled with people selling and no one buying. Plus it gets so crowded that you can barely coordinate with someone who may want to buy what you have.

What the trade system needs is real change from the 'spam your trades' to players can browse items that are for sale. How many people have a Malicious Raptor they'd like to sell? Who knows, but a player looking for one could be connected to someone trying to sell it without fishing through endless 'WTS ___ for ___p' text in trade or the Bazaar.

Trade is still 'broken' as I would call it. You can't really sell anything in trade chat unless its the here-and-now items and even them you are competing with a seemingly endless wall of text to find a buyer.

Trade chat has been bad since Warframe started on consoles. Adding the 1 minute delay in between posts has taken out the spam a little bit, but pretty much it's still bad. If you're not selling the "here and now" items as it was called you're pretty much screwed unless you get that 1 pm, but even then the low ballers come out hard. 1 guy was trying to offer 25p for a Primed Continuity "because continuity is a common drop"

Edited by (PS4)AirJordan73

Trade chat has been bad since Warframe started on consoles. Adding the 1 minute delay in between posts has taken out the spam a little bit, but pretty much it's still bad. If you're not selling the "here and now" items as it was called you're pretty much screwed unless you get that 1 pm, but even then the low ballers come out hard. 1 guy was trying to offer 25p for a Primed Continuity "because continuity is a common drop"

This question is beside the point of the post but, how did you get primed continuity? I didnt think ps4 had it drop from baro ki'teer yet, unless theres another way of getting it?

I've solved this problem in this post, just check the second to last answer.

I should probably number them for tracking purposes.

Thats not a bad idea but thats not what i was asking. I just wanted to know what the the devs had said regarding the trading system.

Ive seen people with good ideas on here but that doesn't mean its gonna happen, i just wanna know if this is something DE is even concerned about.

The chat overhaul is a planned thing, no exact word as of yet, but as for any major trading changes, nothing has been confirmed. One thing for sure is that AH will never be added to Warframe. Honestly the trade system isn't bad, plus getting more trades as mastery goes up is awesome! Trade chat is bad, and moves fast, other then that other games have it WAY WAY worse (NW, Diablo's trade system was easy to scam ppl on.

The chat overhaul is a planned thing, no exact word as of yet, but as for any major trading changes, nothing has been confirmed. One thing for sure is that AH will never be added to Warframe. Honestly the trade system isn't bad, plus getting more trades as mastery goes up is awesome! Trade chat is bad, and moves fast, other then that other games have it WAY WAY worse (NW, Diablo's trade system was easy to scam ppl on.

Ok so DE have said that there will never be a auction house? Huh sounds a bit closed minded for them. Ok well thanks thats what i wanted to know! Not what i wanted to hear but oh well.

I've solved this problem in this post, just check the second to last answer.

I should probably number them for tracking purposes.

Its a nice list. Too bad that suggestion was made years ago regarding trade and has been popping up in posted ever since on an almost weekly basis. Only your idea has the Bazaar twist to it. Simple fact is for whatever reason, players are against the "auction house" style trading. Maybe because they cant inflate prices when someone can just buy the cheaper one. 

Think of it like this, Most games that have a type of Auction House also have some type of 3rd party site that will offer in game items to you, at the cost of some money. Theres lots of sites like it for all types of f2p games, NW, Diablo, Vindictus, ESO, etc.

Company A hires some people to do nothing but farm void keys all day. Player A can't seem to get that Ash prime set after months of farming and prices are only going up. As a last effort he comes across an ad for Company A and sees that they are selling prime parts/mods/etc. He decides to spend X amount of money to buy his Ash Prime set. Player A is now happy, Company A is now happy also. DE just lost money from a possible plat purchase because someone found a way to bypass his RNG and go to a third party company.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of times where I can't get that last desired item after farming forever, and I can sometimes get impatient. Luckily I always try and save some plat every now and then for such occasions (had to use a few earlier for an Ash P blueprint)

At the end of the day, DE is still a company, and must make profit to keep up with demands for new content, better servers, more community focused events, etc.

There's nothing wrong with any of this. Part of Warframe is the grind for the items, or the grind for the plat that you used to get a certain item. I don't always buy plat, but to me, if I can give some money to support DE to keep up the great work they do, I don't mind at all. They earn it everytime there's an update.

Note: I'm not trying to sound rude, or anything. I'm only trying to be helpful and provide my insights. If I came across as rude or arrogant by any means I sincerely apologize.

Think of it like this, Most games that have a type of Auction House also have some type of 3rd party site that will offer in game items to you, at the cost of some money. Theres lots of sites like it for all types of f2p games, NW, Diablo, Vindictus, ESO, etc.

Company A hires some people to do nothing but farm void keys all day. Player A can't seem to get that Ash prime set after months of farming and prices are only going up. As a last effort he comes across an ad for Company A and sees that they are selling prime parts/mods/etc. He decides to spend X amount of money to buy his Ash Prime set. Player A is now happy, Company A is now happy also. DE just lost money from a possible plat purchase because someone found a way to bypass his RNG and go to a third party company.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of times where I can't get that last desired item after farming forever, and I can sometimes get impatient. Luckily I always try and save some plat every now and then for such occasions (had to use a few earlier for an Ash P blueprint)

At the end of the day, DE is still a company, and must make profit to keep up with demands for new content, better servers, more community focused events, etc.

There's nothing wrong with any of this. Part of Warframe is the grind for the items, or the grind for the plat that you used to get a certain item. I don't always buy plat, but to me, if I can give some money to support DE to keep up the great work they do, I don't mind at all. They earn it everytime there's an update.

Note: I'm not trying to sound rude, or anything. I'm only trying to be helpful and provide my insights. If I came across as rude or arrogant by any means I sincerely apologize.

The system that is in place currently does nothing to prevent the type of sale that you are referring to. It was done on Diablo II long before there was ever the idea of an auction house. We can already bypass RNG by buying primes with plat in the trade chat. What you are talking about is a 3rd party sale system which is already out there. People are already do it. They can do it until they get caught, and then maybe stopped.  Any time you have an RNG based drop system where items can be traded, there will always be someone selling it for real money on the side. Having a place to list the items you want to sell and at what price, doesn't encourage or stop this from happening. Yes DE is a company that relies on our support, which is great. However, many people have been asking for a better trade for a while and I'm sure DE is just trying to figure out a system that will work for every parties interests.

Lets also be clear that usually any mention of "Auction House" trade system typically is referring to a strictly ingame currency sale, not real money.