The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Account Migration

Dacloudster

Question

Will the warframe account migration to ps4 be live again any time soon? I stopped playing for over 2 years and would like to return to it, but i want to start playing it  again on my ps4. i defiantly do not intend to start again fresh on a ps4. my warframe has rare helms. with stats on them still. and i had invested over £300. & over 200 hours of playtime maybe more not %100 sure. of course 200 hours is probably nothing to members that have never had a break from playing it.

The devs have brought it up multiple times recently that they would do it again. They originally said in 2016, and later narrowed it down to a possibly more specific window of early 2016. So yes, it will return, we just have to be a little more patient.

People at DE are aware of the desire of the community to have another migration. However they can't make it happen very often.

So... define "soon", OP. In the next month? No. In the next six months? Maybe. Within the next two years? Quite probable.

But not "soon soon".

That post is somewhat incorrect for DE said in one of the last devs that this will happen again for PC-PS4 and this will happen in 2016.... But they haven't set a specific time for this yet.

Exactly, no specific time. Just, 2016 which isn't a date could be from January to December. Who knows when.

If it was a date, it would be for example February 12th, 2016 

Maybe then Microsoft and Sony can stop butting heads and let it happen once more for other players.

Edited by KJRenz

That post is somewhat incorrect for DE said in one of the last devs that this will happen again for PC-PS4 and this will happen in 2016.... But they haven't set a specific time for this yet.

DE has said that they are trying to push to get another migration set up, but ultimately the decision rests with Sony and Microsoft. If the console makers say no, then it won't happen.

The safe bet is to assume another migration won't be happening unless/until DE announces set dates for a migration to occur.

Also keep in mind that some things won't transfer in the migration (like platinum, platform exclusives, etc).

As Novus said, PS4 migrations to PC can't happen. Sony has control of all accounts (since your PSN account was made into your Warframe account) This is also why consoles are unable to get the Platinum discounts, or immediate updates. The contract that DE signed with Sony/Microsoft limits some of DE's direct control over aspects of the account features. It also prevents people from bringing exclusive content to another platform (I.e Excalibur Prime coming to consoles, or Obsidian Excalibur to PC)

The 'What will and what will Not be transferred in Account migration FAQ':

What is PS4 Account Migration?

Account migration is a process that will copy your account from the PC platform to your PS4 account.  It is an irreversible, permanent one-way and one-time process.

How do I Migrate my PC Warframe Account to PS4?

The Account migration process will be available on the user account page at Warframe.com.

Before you can migrate your account, you need to ensure you have two things:

- An existing PC Warframe account
- A PSN account.

The steps to Migrate your PC account to PS4 are as follows:

1.     Login to www.warframe.com

2.     Visit the Account Management page found here: https://warframe.com/user

3.     Click “Account Migration”

4.     Enter your password to confirm the one-time migration.

5.     Follow the PSN login steps and proceed with migration.

How long will Account Migration be offered?

Account Migration is available from Monday July 21 at 2PM EDT until Friday, August 1 at 2 PM EDT.  There are no other announced migration time windows.

Can I use Account Migration more than once?

No, account migration can happen only one time.

What is copied over and what is not copied over?

·        All existing PS4 account progress will be overwritten by your PC account.

·        All Platinum and goods (i.e. Prime Access, PS4 Renown Pack, Mod Packs, Obsidian Braton Skin) purchased on the PS4 PSN Store will be added to your new migrated account at the base rank.

·        Any items purchased in-game with Platinum on PS4 will be overwritten and the Platinum returned to your new migrated account; items purchased with credits will be overwritten by your PC account.

·        No Platinum purchased on the PC version of Warframe will be transferred to the PS4 copy.

·        No Clan information from the PC is copied; all existing PS4 Clan information remains untouched.

·        Any items on PC that are not currently available on PS4 will appear when the PS4 is updated.

·        If you have an existing PS4 account, your Friends List will not be overwritten, but your PC Friends List will not copy over.

Items that will NOT Migrate

Braton Vandal

Excalibur Prime

IAHGames Braton Skin

Lato Prime

Lato Vandal

Nvidia Braton Skin

Phased AKVasto Skin

Phased Ankyros Skin

Phased Asa Syandana

Phased Vauban Warframe Skin

Phased Vauban Warframe Helmet

Phased Tigris Skin Rubedo Plated Drakgoon Skin

Rubedo Plated Galatine Skin

Rubedo Plated Rhino Skin

Rubedo Plated Rhino Helmet

Rubedo Plated Twin Vipers Skin

Rubedo Plated Viper Skin

Rubedo Plated Yamako Syandana

Phased Vasto Skin

Skana Prime

Snipetron

Snipetron Vandal

Can I refund my platinum on PC and then just buy it again on PS4?

No, Platinum is not refundable.

Can I use Account Migration to go from PS4 to PC?

Account Migration is from PC to PS4, it cannot work the other way around.

Can I play both my PC and PS4 version of my account?

Yes, but progress on one is not saved to the other (If you get a rare mod on PS4, it will not be on your PC account. No changes will transfer over after migration has occurred.

My PC account has been banned, can I still use the Migration feature?

You cannot copy over a banned account, even if you did it would result in your PS4 account being banned as well.

What happens if my PC or PS4 account gets banned or suspended?

Both your accounts will be banned/suspended.

Can I give my PC account copy away if I am just going to play on PS4?

After Account migration the two versions of your account are permanently linked.

Additionally, the buying or selling of Warframe accounts is strictly prohibited by our Terms of Service. Doing so will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of both the PS4 and PC version of the account in question. 

Do I keep the same username on PS4?

No, your PS4 username will be the same as your PSN name and cannot be changed.

After migration, if I buy Platinum or a Prime pack on PC, will the Platinum or exclusive items be available to the PS4 version of my account?

No, only items bought on the PSN store will be available on your PS4 account.

If I destroy my clan dojo then migrate, can I rebuild using those same resources?

You are removed from your clan when you migrate, so any resources contributed to the dojo are left with the clan.

Can I re-join my PC Clan after migration?

No, PC users and PS4 users cannot be in the same clan. 

This document will be updated if new information on this subject arises.

The 'What will and what will Not be transferred in Account migration FAQ':

What is PS4 Account Migration?

Account migration is a process that will copy your account from the PC platform to your PS4 account. It is an irreversible, permanent one-way and one-time process.

How do I Migrate my PC Warframe Account to PS4?

The Account migration process will be available on the user account page at Warframe.com.

Before you can migrate your account, you need to ensure you have two things:

- An existing PC Warframe account

- A PSN account.

The steps to Migrate your PC account to PS4 are as follows:

1. Login to www.warframe.com

2. Visit the Account Management page found here: https://warframe.com/user

3. Click “Account Migration”

4. Enter your password to confirm the one-time migration.

5. Follow the PSN login steps and proceed with migration.

How long will Account Migration be offered?

Account Migration is available from Monday July 21 at 2PM EDT until Friday, August 1 at 2 PM EDT. There are no other announced migration time windows.

Can I use Account Migration more than once?

No, account migration can happen only one time.

What is copied over and what is not copied over?

· All existing PS4 account progress will be overwritten by your PC account.

· All Platinum and goods (i.e. Prime Access, PS4 Renown Pack, Mod Packs, Obsidian Braton Skin) purchased on the PS4 PSN Store will be added to your new migrated account at the base rank.

· Any items purchased in-game with Platinum on PS4 will be overwritten and the Platinum returned to your new migrated account; items purchased with credits will be overwritten by your PC account.

· No Platinum purchased on the PC version of Warframe will be transferred to the PS4 copy.

· No Clan information from the PC is copied; all existing PS4 Clan information remains untouched.

· Any items on PC that are not currently available on PS4 will appear when the PS4 is updated.

· If you have an existing PS4 account, your Friends List will not be overwritten, but your PC Friends List will not copy over.

Items that will NOT Migrate

Braton Vandal

Excalibur Prime

IAHGames Braton Skin

Lato Prime

Lato Vandal

Nvidia Braton Skin

Phased AKVasto Skin

Phased Ankyros Skin

Phased Asa Syandana

Phased Vauban Warframe Skin

Phased Vauban Warframe Helmet

Phased Tigris Skin Rubedo Plated Drakgoon Skin

Rubedo Plated Galatine Skin

Rubedo Plated Rhino Skin

Rubedo Plated Rhino Helmet

Rubedo Plated Twin Vipers Skin

Rubedo Plated Viper Skin

Rubedo Plated Yamako Syandana

Phased Vasto Skin

Skana Prime

Snipetron

Snipetron Vandal

Can I refund my platinum on PC and then just buy it again on PS4?

No, Platinum is not refundable.

Can I use Account Migration to go from PS4 to PC?

Account Migration is from PC to PS4, it cannot work the other way around.

Can I play both my PC and PS4 version of my account?

Yes, but progress on one is not saved to the other (If you get a rare mod on PS4, it will not be on your PC account. No changes will transfer over after migration has occurred.

My PC account has been banned, can I still use the Migration feature?

You cannot copy over a banned account, even if you did it would result in your PS4 account being banned as well.

What happens if my PC or PS4 account gets banned or suspended?

Both your accounts will be banned/suspended.

Can I give my PC account copy away if I am just going to play on PS4?

After Account migration the two versions of your account are permanently linked.

Additionally, the buying or selling of Warframe accounts is strictly prohibited by our Terms of Service. Doing so will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of both the PS4 and PC version of the account in question.

Do I keep the same username on PS4?

No, your PS4 username will be the same as your PSN name and cannot be changed.

After migration, if I buy Platinum or a Prime pack on PC, will the Platinum or exclusive items be available to the PS4 version of my account?

No, only items bought on the PSN store will be available on your PS4 account.

If I destroy my clan dojo then migrate, can I rebuild using those same resources?

You are removed from your clan when you migrate, so any resources contributed to the dojo are left with the clan.

Can I re-join my PC Clan after migration?

No, PC users and PS4 users cannot be in the same clan.

This document will be updated if new information on this subject arises.

Sow, reading this am really hoping DE would do a migration. Because alot of my friends play it on they're pc

On Monday, January 04, 2016 at 10:56 AM, o0Despair0o said:

Why are so many people wanting to migrate to console? Did they get some awesome exclusive content or something?

I've got over 2000 hours and put a lot of plat into pc, I've stopped playing on my pc for over 1 year now. I'm on ps4 so I would like to. Play warframe again, but on ps4 now

16 hours ago, dvotion said:

I've got over 2000 hours and put a lot of plat into pc, I've stopped playing on my pc for over 1 year now. I'm on ps4 so I would like to. Play warframe again, but on ps4 now

my mistake posted in the wrong section, deleted this if you see it. 

Edited by Altrax086
starting up a old post by accident.