Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

And So It Begins...

Bakim0n0

It does bring up questions about why support has been practically nonexistent and huge glaring and even game breaking bugs have been going without any sort of prompt fix or even real acknowledgement of the issues.

What game have you been playing?! DE's support team has been fantastic and any 'game breaking bugs' have been dealt with quickly and openly, often with the Devs posting to the forums. Give DE credit dammit, they deserve it.

Now, maybe Sony will mess up the PS4 version. Who knows? But WHY IN THE WORLD would you stop giving DE money for the PC version? Just because Sony gets a console port DOESN'T MEAN THAT THEY OWN WARFRAME! 

What game have you been playing?! DE's support team has been fantastic and any 'game breaking bugs' have been dealt with quickly and openly, often with the Devs posting to the forums. Give DE credit dammit, they deserve it.

Now, maybe Sony will mess up the PS4 version. Who knows? But WHY IN THE WORLD would you stop giving DE money for the PC version? Just because Sony gets a console port DOESN'T MEAN THAT THEY OWN WARFRAME! 

Since update 8 dropped they have fixed some of the major bugs, mostly with connectivity.

Support hasn't answered my tickets or several other people's in over a week.

Decoy is broke, the target reticule is off, most of the doors in the game tend to push you under the floor especially in the void or kappa / kieste, ember's overheat with a rank 4 focus or better gives 100% damage reduction.. this is just off the top of my head.

Why would I stop giving them money? I think I covered that. I've seen more than a few games I deeply loved get demolished by Sony and have been going out of my way for years not to do business with them and any way you slice is DE just teamed up with them for this game.

It's this consumer concept of voting with your dollars. When a company goes in a direction you don't support you stop paying.

Edited by Bakim0n0

I will say one thing.

I am heavily biased against console ports.

They ruined a ton of good PC IPs.  (THQ loves console ports.)

The only time i was excited for a console port was with CS:Go because valve said xbox and pc could play against each other and i wanted to destroy some xbox noobs. I think they ended up canceling that for that reason.

In games like warframe there would be aim assist and silly radial menus and all kinds of other console dumb down garbage.

Is this what they were crunching on for E3? Because I was hoping that they had something really cool planned for release. D: Or do they still have something cool planned for release?

Happy for them regarding the PS4 release. I'll wait till it comes out and reserve judgement until then.

I will say one thing.

I am heavily biased against console ports.

They ruined a ton of good PC IPs.  (THQ loves console ports.)

The only time i was excited for a console port was with CS:Go because valve said xbox and pc could play against each other and i wanted to destroy some xbox noobs. I think they ended up canceling that for that reason.

In games like warframe there would be aim assist and silly radial menus and all kinds of other console dumb down garbage.

Well, in all fairness, they can have different UI's for PC and consoles. Just because other games like Skyrim didn't do it doesn't mean that DE can't.

How is anything you just said 'reserving judgement'? You've already condemned Sony and have decided not to give DE any more money for their work. If the PC version of Warframe dies, it will be due to ridiculous ideologies like this.

I'm reserving judgement on THIS GAME.

Sony has already been weighed, measured and judged and was found wanting. I'm sticking around here to see how it goes and if I become confident they aren't headed in the wrong direction I may stick around.

Judging would be more akin to "Sony is here? kthanxbai thanks for the fish"

Well, in all fairness, they can have different UI's for PC and consoles. Just because other games like Skyrim didn't do it doesn't mean that DE can't.

That takes time and manpower to do :)

So either we get S#&$ty UIs or we get less content/fixes ^_^

my guess is the latter

Edited by cknives

Yea, they've said "we'll look into" about 1000 times.

I admit I am a bit disappointed and more than a little nervous... It's a very difficult thing because I really love this game and till now my only issues have been minor at best...

It's just hard to be happy to hear that this game has teamed up with a company that has literally crapped on some of the games I have loved most.

I honestly don't care anymore. As long as DE is still dedicated to the PC version I'm fine with it. I just don't want them to forget about us and give us crappy update full of bugs. U8 for me is a nightmare since many of the content is locked away by RNG and platinum.

Not just any RNG but really really bad RNG where the chances are extremely low.

I admit I am a bit disappointed and more than a little nervous... It's a very difficult thing because I really love this game and till now my only issues have been minor at best...

It's just hard to be happy to hear that this game has teamed up with a company that has literally crapped on some of the games I have loved most.

SWG?

So, are people still calling this game a beta when it's being flippin' ported to a console already?

If so, I feel sorry for you.

Im sure they will call it Beta on PS4 too just so nobody can complain about bugs.

News post was updated with some comments from DE_Steve. See if it satisfies your concerns; it certainly does mine :D

Quote in question:

The new video isn't up yet, damnit! I was hoping you guys would check it out at the same time. Some thoughts after reading responses:

-Account cross-over is technically possible (but Sony's call).
-They allowed some cross-platform play on PS3, it is possible (again Sony's call, also subject to update rhythm).
-PC is the 'lead' for development and update schedules. If PS4 release schedules are slower, PC will march ahead (they will not have to update in tandem).
-PS4 seems awesome so far.
-PC is awesome. It is our lifeblood.
-I spent a huge chunk of the day today in the 'season one' Warframe story meeting, it is definitely coming and its great (and hints are in the new trailer!).
-We're doing this because its a chance to grow into a different type of market. It definitely creates more problems, I agree, but it will only make the game stronger for all platforms.

Edited by Quetzhal