The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

And So It Begins...

Bakim0n0

News post was updated with some comments from DE_Steve. See if it satisfies your concerns; it certainly does mine :D

Quote in question:

Seen it, doesn't at all.

It's all just words and time will tell what they actually do. I'm inherently distrustful of any project Sony becomes involved in because of their "stellar" track record. Feel free to take a gander for yourself.

To be honest, I'm not a big Sony guy myself - but Ps4 is currently looking better for me then the XboxOne. 

My 1992 gameboy looks like a better option than the XboxOne lol.

If they had to go on a console, they chose correctly... But if I wanted console games I would have one. If I were to pick a console I would pick anything from Nintendo even if I just ended up playing old games on it. Sony really lost me when they borked everquest (falling out of love for the first time is always the hardest) and they have a pretty solid track record for having terrible, terrible security (how many times did they get hacked to the point of people having their credit cards stolen?) and a swarming host of other issues.

My hesitance / distaste here has less to do with DE and a lot more to do with Sony... yes, it's anecdotal and it's pure opinion, it may not even be entirely rational, but Sony has literally destroyed things I love every time they've shown up.

Trust me when I say that if I had even an inkling of an idea this game would even be interested in going to consoles I would never have even bothered to download it let alone throw money at it.

Edited by Bakim0n0

Same although i only use consoles for netflix and drunken smash brothers :)

I have an Xbox360 but I don't really play it much. Sometimes  when I'm totally burnt out on games I actually turn it on and play something simple - something that takes no thought for me to get really into. I rather like Tenchu Z for that reason. It isn't a perfect game but it suits the need.

My 1992 gameboy looks like a better option than the XboxOne lol.

If they had to go on a console, they chose correctly... But if I wanted console games I would have one. If I were to pick a console I would pick anything from Nintendo even if I just ended up playing old games on it. Sony really lost me when they borked everquest (falling out of love for the first time is always the hardest) and they have a pretty solid track record for having terrible, terrible security (how many times did they get hacked to the point of people having their credit cards stolen?) and a swarming host of other issues.

My hesitance / distaste here has less to do with DE and a lot more to do with Sony... yes, it's anecdotal and it's pure opinion, it may not even be entirely rational, but Sony has literally destroyed things I love every time they've shown up.

We share an opinion on this one. My initial reaction was worry. I'm starting to see ways this could be good for the game though. Sony is less then stellar - but DE isn't telling us that Sony is running things. They are telling us that we'll be able to play the game on a Sony Product.

That could mean a lot of things but I don't think it means DE is handing their baby away. 

I have an Xbox360 but I don't really play it much. Sometimes  when I'm totally burnt out on games I actually turn it on and play something simple - something that takes no thought for me to get really into. I rather like Tenchu Z for that reason. It isn't a perfect game but it suits the need.

We share an opinion on this one. My initial reaction was worry. I'm starting to see ways this could be good for the game though. Sony is less then stellar - but DE isn't telling us that Sony is running things. They are telling us that we'll be able to play the game on a Sony Product.

That could mean a lot of things but I don't think it means DE is handing their baby away. 

Im sure they will influence them. Future changes will be made with PS4 in mind. Especially if accounts link up.

I understand that... like I said, I'm not just jumping to a judgement and cutting losses. Still going to play and stick around to see where this crazy ride goes. Just the news is... troubling for me because me and Sony go way back, and it's not a happy relationship.

I'm not trying to sound doom and gloom, but I am relaying that this news makes me shakey, and I don't give money to people who make me uneasy about the future of my precious pass times; no more, no less.

It's too early to say this is the end of Warframe or any such thing... but I'm certain I've made how I feel clear.

That takes time and manpower to do :)

So either we get S#&$ty UIs or we get less content/fixes ^_^

my guess is the latter

WE get the exact same game but with more updates.

An entire new sect of developers have been hired for the console version.

And the PC version will very likely be updates regardless of whether or not the PS4 version gets updated.

Are people really going to get butt hurt and complain over a console port? Especially to a console that has essentially the same S#&$ in it as your desktop or laptop? Go home children this is a good thing, means more income for DE, more content, and more players. I haven't owned a console in a decade and never will again, but the console market is huge and there is no reason for them to limit their income to PC only, Its stupid

Also keep in mind that they can release patches and such essentially the same way they do on PC on the ps4, same content, same S#&$, different platform. Like having it run on Linux vs windows

Edited by Ecotox

I understand that... like I said, I'm not just jumping to a judgement and cutting losses. Still going to play and stick around to see where this crazy ride goes. Just the news is... troubling for me because me and Sony go way back, and it's not a happy relationship.

I'm not trying to sound doom and gloom, but I am relaying that this news makes me shakey, and I don't give money to people who make me uneasy about the future of my precious pass times; no more, no less.

It's too early to say this is the end of Warframe or any such thing... but I'm certain I've made how I feel clear.

Definitely. And you don't sound doom and gloom - not at all. 

As long as DE doesn't dump the PC crowd (Y'know who poured money into this game) for the fickle console crowd, I'm good.

More money for them, more content for us.

They're aren't $&*&*#(%& xP that would cut an entire revenue stream

I didn't say they were changing. I gave an example of a company that most definitely did.

Ubisoft was set to survive shaking the PC crowd off. They where ready for the jump, right down to dealing with the bad reputation.

I don't figure DE would manage quite as well.

It isn't that I'm trying to shoot down your point as if it has never happened - I just don't think it is an option for DE. 

Ubisoft was set to survive shaking the PC crowd off. They where ready for the jump, right down to dealing with the bad reputation.

I don't figure DE would manage quite as well.

It isn't that I'm trying to shoot down your point as if it has never happened - I just don't think it is an option for DE. 

And I'm not trying to be overly negative. I really hope you're right.

I didn't say they were changing. I gave an example of a company that most definitely did.

DE doesn't have the weight to do that, they would screw themselves hard core, I know what you said c: but DE is smaller and less equipped to deal with the fallout from that kind of move

And I'm not trying to be overly negative. I really hope you're right.

I understand that. All good man. It is a pretty natural concern when you hear this kind of news these days.

For the record, I hope I'm right about it too. Think it works out better for everyone that way.

I understand that. All good man. It is a pretty natural concern when you hear this kind of news these days.

For the record, I hope I'm right about it too. Think it works out better for everyone that way.

I really hope you are right, I still kinda buthurt over the recent star trek game...... (all the bugs and whatnot) Edited by munchingtako