The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Mods Effect Powers

Elzzup

Question

Hey guys I've been researching powers and how you can increase for example power strength, I'm some powers increasing strength decreases another stay eg radius.

My question is this if you had based on this example negative strength say -80% would you then gain radius. Or are there side effects only affected by an increase in strength.

Hopefully this makes sense looks forward to an answer

8 answers to this question

I dont Entirely understand exactly what you are trying to ask, but i can try to help.
If you have -power strength you are probably using the mod Overextended, which is a corrupted mod, said corrupted mods increase one thing and decrease another. This mod increase range,or radius, or whatever youd like to call it, but decreases strength

You might be referring to how the wiki states the 'Maximization' of skills.

The negative effects of maximization is due to mods you need installed, which give both a positive and negative value. Eg. Overextended gives 90% range but -60% strength or Transient Fortitude grants 55% strength but -27.5% duration.

The positive and negative effects aren't interchangeable since its from mods stats, not related to the skill itself.

Edited by Agentawesome

Stats like power strength and range are not directly related to each other. Simply increasing one will not necessarily decrease the other. Those stat's relations to each other is dependent only on Corrupted Mods which have an increased positive effect on one stat compared to mods that increase the stat without a negative effect.

For instance:

Intensify gives +30% Power Strength when maxed

Blind Rage gives +99% Power Strength, but decreases Energy Efficiency -55%

Edited by Maicael

Right.. Okay it's just the wiki says for example on some powers that if you increase efficiency has the power costs less but you lose for example duration. It depends on the power but from what I've noticed in the wiki usually if you increase a star e.g.. efficiency you'll lose prowess in another aspect of the skill.

Right.. Okay it's just the wiki says for example on some powers that if you increase efficiency has the power costs less but you lose for example duration. It depends on the power but from what I've noticed in the wiki usually if you increase a star e.g.. efficiency you'll lose prowess in another aspect of the skill.

its because to maximize certain stats, you need certain mods

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Corrupted_Mods

You can relate the mods to the positive and negative power effects on the skills.

Some skills lack the need of duration/range/strength, so they aren't represented when said stat are negatively effected.

Edited by Agentawesome

What the wiki means in maximization, is to purely max out one stat for a frame. For example to purely max power strength you would lose 55% Power Efficiancy, and also lose 27.5% Power Duration. It's just equipping mods whose main benefit is more of a specific stat (in this case blind rage, and transient fortitude, both give power strength while reducing another stat). So in other examples, maximizing power range for snow globe, would increase its total range by 115% but reduce the power strength by 60%. A lot of people use corrupt mods, but also try to offset it with other mods, for example offsetting a transient fortitude with a continuity, or a blind rage with a streamline or fleeting expertise.

Note:all calculations for increases/decreases of stats were done without taking into account drift mods.