The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Survival - Hysteria = No Life Support Drops?

Capetoider

Question

I was playing Valkyr today, was thinking... why not go in hysteria for some infinite time T2 (no nullifiers) or until I get bored or until I get the Latron part...

but it seems that while off Hysteria - Life Support drop like candies and On Hysteria I have to keep popping the supports...

I tried going basically from start and basically made barely made 30 min...

What is wrong with that?

Also... using the Sahasa Kubrow (the one who digs, thinking great, when low on energy it would dig some energy and if he dies I can keep reviving) don't work either... he seems like to stop digging after going into hysteria... 

12 answers to this question

I was playing Valkyr today, was thinking... why not go in hysteria for some infinite time T2 (no nullifiers) or until I get bored or until I get the Latron part...

but it seems that while off Hysteria - Life Support drop like candies and On Hysteria I have to keep popping the supports...

I tried going basically from start and basically made barely made 30 min...

What is wrong with that?

Also... using the Sahasa Kubrow (the one who digs, thinking great, when low on energy it would dig some energy and if he dies I can keep reviving) don't work either... he seems like to stop digging after going into hysteria...

Not really sure why you need hysteria in a T2S... At least in the beginning. I would run an eternal war build and just go to town with a great valk melee like the jat kittag.

Not really sure why you need hysteria in a T2S... At least in the beginning. I would run an eternal war build and just go to town with a great valk melee like the jat kittag.

That's not the point of his question!

OT: Trust me, Life Support Capsules are there, as well the LS Bags. Did a 2 Hour ODS run, kept struggling in the end. Ancient Disruptors and Mutalist Ospreys... MOs gettint a damn huge natural damage resistant without the ancient buffing, and yet, with it, you are actually effed up. Ran almost out of caps and the map was kind of biggy finding the last 2.

Haven't experienced this, but some questions (sorry if obv):
Have you fully maxed Dig (for 270% success chance) on your Kubrow? 270% success means digging up two items, with 70% chance for a third - no guarantee on what those items are - and there's a 15 sec cooldown, FYI.

Do you have 8 LS candles up already (8 is max)?

The time between drops does get longer afaik, if you've been in for a decent amount of time. Not sure if it's entirely based around time or if no. of kills factors in.

Do you need hysteria the entire time? Might be more efficient to only pop it when in a mob or popping a candle. My dog will dig for me regardless of hysteria though, so if it pops up again drop a report in.

I was playing and just tried testing... Hysteria on, almost no drops and as soon as I turn it off, it starts to fill the oxygen like crazy... The kub, yes, max dig, but it just stood there sniffing his clem.

No life support dropping while Hysteria is active sounds like a bug. You should submit a bug report about it.

It drops.

What you might find out, however, is slow or scattered enemy spawns and too much time taken to close and engage at melee range. This affects your killing speed, which affects rate of O2 drops. In other words, if you're too slow, you'll run out of O2 prematurely.

Last few survival runs I have done all went pretty well with my valk, took a carrier as my Dogs are all pretty weak.  Didn't really have any issues, ran the 1st half hour or so with eternal war, scindo prime with life strike and then later as the enemies got higher used hysteria but didn't really notice any major problems with life support dropping, just try and make sure you are in a area that the enemies just flood and you should be fine.

I've noticed that sometimes enemy spawns are glitched, like they'll just stand and run in circles, or that if Hysteria is active that enemies spawn in reduced amounts. I haven't done enough testing to support or disprove this theory, but if it's right then it's definately a bug and I'll mention it.