Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Geeez De. If You're Going To Limit To Primaries On Excavation, Re-Equip After Dropping Power

Troll_Logic

Just played the excavation sortie and it was limited to primary weapon only.  Not a big deal, but a huge bug.  After dropping the power into the excavator, the primary weapon wasn't re-equipped.  The player keeps the non-existent secondary so the player is running around with no weapon.  So the player has to switch weapons every time he drops off power and considering we were fighting 65-80 enemies it was a bug made for disaster.

Incredibly annoying.  Please fix this. 

no it doesnt bypass the glitch or nope you arent willing to do so?

tried it and it doesn't really fix it. the time it takes me to eqiup my scanner is the same that it takes me to switch back to my primary, so it's not a fix...

I'm pretty sure it's not a glitch.

Some time back (~2.5 months?) there was a patch note that said something like 'when changing item, will automatically reequip your strongest weapon'.

I don't recall ever seeing this behavior before that, and it's also the cause of some player-breaking when combined with empty equip slots and force-changing items, e.g. datamasses/power cores, Exalted Blade/Hysteria, etc., can't equip a scanner if you don't have a secondary (iirc), and others.

Edited by Chroia

I'm pretty sure it's not a glitch.

Some time back (~2.5 months?) there was a patch note that said something like 'when changing item, will automatically reequip your strongest weapon'.

I don't recall ever seeing this behavior before that, and it's also the cause of some player-breaking when combined with empty equip slots and force-changing items, e.g. datamasses/power cores, Exalted Blade/Hysteria, etc., can't equip a scanner if you don't have a secondary (iirc), and others.

But all those things reinforce that it's a glitch.

oh i thought you meant that you couldnt re-equip your primary after putting down the core. so it's not too much of an issue then

It's a huge issue.  Let me explain step by step

You're running around with only your primary equipped.

You pick up a power cell.  Since you don't have a secondary, you are unarmed.

You run to the excavator and drop off the power cell.  Again, you've been unarmed.

You're still unarmed.  Your primary isn't re-equipped.  Your secondary is.  But you don't have a secondary.

So unlike every other excavation, you have to switch weapons every time you drop off a power cell.

It's a huge PITA, and since you never ever do it at any other time, you don't remember to automatically switch weapons.  Well, until you realize you're doing absolutely no damage while everything else is pounding on you. 

Well, I meant more in a 'working as coded' sense rather than 'working as intended'.

But yeah, fair point.

Well, not really.  Your strongest weapon, and only weapon, is the primary one but it's automatically equipping a non-existent secondary.

Edited by Troll_Logic

It's annoying and obviously a bug.

Currently, it's just missing a "last weapon equipped" command. It occasionally happens in regular excavation too, where picking up a battery with a primary, will force equip the secondary (as intended), but when the battery is used, it will keep the secondary weapon on.

• 5 weeks later...

The same thing was happening if you had both primary and secondary weapons equipped. But in this case, if you were using the secondary weapon, carried a core and then you drop that core, it would switch to the primary. It's like the game thinks you are switching weapons instead of dropping an item.

There could have a separate button for dropping items, instead of one button for everything.

Edited by RextintorZ