The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Recommendations

eathdemon

Question

10 answers to this question

Rhino is a good Warframe that you can obtain early on in the game, and has a very flexible set of powers, including defensive, offensive, cc, and team buff abilities. He's a good Warframe to carry you through the game until you really decide what you want to focus on.

Excalibur was buffed a while back, and his new ultimate, the exalted blade deals pretty significant damage with the right mods on your melee and power strength.

Ember was also rebalanced and deals good damage with World on Fire + Accelerant, preferably paired with a weapon that also deals heat damage to multiply said damage.

Saryn is no longer the nuke frame she once was, but deals crazy damage over time using her skills, weapons that deal viral or toxin damage pair pretty well with her to synergize with her skills.

Rhino is certainly a good frame to pick up, since he can do a little bit of everything. From there, it's all about deciding which of his roles you like most. Rhino fills three main roles: DPS, tank, and crowd control. 

As far as DPS frames go, Excalibur will take you really far and you can pick him up early on. Nova can obliterate entire maps with her combination of Molecular Prime and Antimatter Drop, and is probably one of the top 5 best frames in the game right now. Ember works well for DPS and crowd control, and is a little easier to acquire than Nova. Mirage is awesome if you like bullet hell kind of gameplay and has some of the best DPS in the game.

If you like how Rhino plays with tank builds, you can't beat Chroma. Chroma can't crowd control as well as Rhino, but he is far tankier and hits like a train. I have a build guide for Chroma that you can find here if you're interested. Valkyr is literally invincible and has very strong DPS with Warcry and Hysteria, and is a great frame to have if you prefer swordplay to gunplay. 

Crowd controllers generally scale the best out of all the roles. Loki is very good at this role, as are Nyx and Vauban. If you want a more offensively oriented crowd controller, consider Nova or Mirage. 

For weapon choices, Boltor Prime is something that you can get from the trading channel for cheap and it will get you pretty far. The Soma comes a little later, but it's also a very good gun. The Hek has a great mod for it called Scattered Justice that you can get from Steel Meridian, which makes it one of the best shotguns. For a good melee weapon, do The Second Dream quest. It rewards what is maybe one of the best melees around. 

If I think of anything else tomorrow, I'll update this post.

Rhino is certainly a good frame to pick up, since he can do a little bit of everything. From there, it's all about deciding which of his roles you like most. Rhino fills three main roles: DPS, tank, and crowd control. 

Get rhino if you don't have already, he will help you get through a lot of the starchart so you can farm the other frames.  

Another frame I always help people farm early is frost, once you have him leveled you can run support on a lot of missions, defense, mobile defense, extraction or what ever it is called, Draco.  Plus I now love his 2 skill now that it goes out in a cone.

Valkyr can also be good to help you play through some missions that you are under leveled for as long as you can keep hysteria up.

Weapons am not sure of the mastery rank required but the ones I got early that really helped me was the standard Braton, Braton Prime, Soma, Tigris, Hek with the syndicate mod, Marelok for a beastly secondary, melee not really sure as my lower levels were all tipedo for movement before the new parkour system.

Last bit of advice is to get into a clan, lots of weapons and a few frames that can only be obtained inside the clan dojo.

Edited by Robj414

There's a few frames to really get, Rhino for easy solo's, and he ps good in groups, and has tons of defense. Loki/Ash/Ivara for stealth missions, probably start with Loki, since he's a boss drop, Ivara drops in Spy missions as a reward from data extractions, Ash drops from Grineer Manics, SUPER easy to farm in the LoR trial, and moderately easy if you run Tyl Regor.

You always want at least a stealth frame, a tacky frame for solos or tough missions, and a DPS frame. Luckily Rhino is 2/3.

Weapons, I honestly don't remember what I used at that level. I know I used the Paris Prime, and the Boltor (not Prime version) and also the Hek.

And Rob is right, look for a clan, always nice to have a group, and there's lots of research you need, and certain frames you can only get there

You already got advises on good, reliable frames.

I will just add one important thing - for serious gaming, for playing in parties with other people, often on their keys, for farming void you need staple frames of this game, those are key team players welcome at any party, frost, nova trin and I will add loki in here because on some missions he is also crucial. Get those frames and make proper builds with them, also, get CP aura.

Don't allow yourself when ppl invite you to T4 defense and someone asks: can you bring frost or nova to answer "sry, I don't have them" - I'm not an elitist but I still believe that is the first step that separates "pro" players from casuals. There is nothing wrong in being casual ultimately i agree but I don't want to see you on sorties or begging me to take you to T3 T4 void missions. Yea, your rhino maybe powerful but I need team players there.