The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think I Am Using Valkyr Wrong

tedbearr

Question

6 answers to this question

Her 3rd isn't TERRIBLY useful, but modded for efficency it can allow you to quickly execute finishers on things like Bombards killing them quickly

Warcry is an amazing ability that you can actually mod Valkyr around, especially with her Augment mod. makes weapons like the Galatine move LIGHTNING fast and augmenting her/allied armour.

you can get by using just Hysteria and Rip Line, though using her Warcry and Paralysis can really help her damage output and utility

All her stuff is useful, but how useful will depend on the details of your build.

One is obviously mobility and I also use it for CC/laughs/executions, but it's highly dependent on not going full retard on duration. You can get along without it, but why would you want to? It's fun.

Two is bread and butter, expecially with the syndicate mod. Warcry is armor, enemy debuffs (again, assuming not going full retard on duration), and with the mod you don't have to spam it constantly (it has a painfully slow cast). You can use NT to speed things up, but considering her small energy pool, just use eternal war and enjoy.

Three is situational. You can use the syndicate mod for some fairly decent CC and laughs (and executions), but it works at cross purposes with her other abilities. If you do happen to have NT in, it's very easy to set up heavy/annoying units for executions. Otherwise, it's just for representing at extraction.

Four should need no exposition.

On it's own her third ability is pretty meh, but with the Prolonged Paralysis augment it becomes an extremely useful CC ability, as it not only knocks enemies down and leaves them open to ground finishers, but it pulls them towards you and significantly slows down the time it takes for them to get up. A lot of people seem to like her 2nd ability with the Eternal War augment as well, but I've actually never tried it so I can really comment on it. On it's own, the ability is still handy for getting some extra attack speed and armor as well as slowing down problem enemies, but it is a bit pricey energy-wise so I don't find myself using all too often.