The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Setup After Rework

Snarqer

Question

So after a long ! time I managed to finally get my hands on a mesa (only after rework) and so far I am enjoying her. So I just wanted to know what is the best solo build for her vs high level enemies. I also want to know which gun do you use on her (primary and secondary). thx in advance

Edited by Snarqer

10 answers to this question

So after a long ! time I managed to finally get my hands on a mesa (only after rework) and so far I am enjoying her. So I just wanted to know what is the best solo build for her vs high level enemies. I also want to know which gun do you use on her (primary and secondary). thx in advance

She mostly shines in a group. Considering she needs to stay safe to ult safely.

For a composition:

Frost - Banshee - Trin combo is pretty fun.

Banshees crit debuff on enemies helps your ult so much is not even funny. Frost can keep you safe and trin your energy supply up.

I use her as a supportive DPS. Armed with a vectis you can take out eximus mobs easily and blast while giving some buff on your allies via the shield skill. Not to mention the Q is pretty fun for tougher mobs.

Ult for taking out crowds mostly.

I run a build with mods that support skills in this order:

Duration - Strength - Efficiency - Range (goes into negative but it doesn't really matter on mesa)

I personally use:

(4 forma)

Fleeting Expertise

Narrow Minded (Rank 6)

Intensify

Blind Rage (Rank 5)

Primed Flow

Prime Continuity

Transient Fortitude

Streamline

I use Power Drift for the added 15% to peacemaker and Corrosive Projection. 4x CP can really help your damage output.

thx for the replies but i don't have a group of friends to help me out, I only have one who doesn't like banshee or trinity :(

So that's why I'm looking for a solo/duo build.

I'll try out your suggestions thx

EDIT: wouldn't a shattershield build be better for solo vs high lvl enemies

Edited by Snarqer

My duration-based Mesa build : 

wVFuMWo.jpg 

This build gives mesa 80+ sec shooting gallery & almost 70s shatter shield, which benefits her survivability.

Use peacemaker only when engaging hordes of enemies. Kill the enemies with guns otherwise.

Satisfied on this build myself so far. Hope this helps.

Edited by SpryCrow

My duration-based Mesa build : 

wVFuMWo.jpg 

This build gives mesa 80+ sec shooting gallery & almost 70s shatter shield, which benefits her survivability.

Use peacemaker only when engaging hordes of enemies. Kill the enemies with guns otherwise.

Satisfied on this build myself so far. Hope this helps.

I'm running the exact same build. Makes her virtually invincible versus anything non-melee.

BRNK0Um.jpg

Edited by no_stripes

This is imo best peacemaker build for mesa, don't make me explain details but this build was carefully perfected, it's good. Mesa is effective trash killer and it works up to late mid-game, 40 waves /40 mins of T4 nicely, which covers 95% of the game. Don't expect her to push further thou. Hers ult doesn't scale from weapon mods, like some do, and like it should. 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/543047735746759739/5ACFADFC79045436E364B438599B9099500592E9/

This is imo best peacemaker build for mesa, don't make me explain details but this build was carefully perfected, it's good. Mesa is effective trash killer and it works up to late mid-game, 40 waves /40 mins of T4 nicely, which covers 95% of the game. Don't expect her to push further thou. Hers ult doesn't scale from weapon mods, like some do, and like it should. 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/543047735746759739/5ACFADFC79045436E364B438599B9099500592E9/

Wouldn't Staggering Shield be pretty much pointless with only 40% range?

Edited by no_stripes

Wiki doesn't mention about shatter shield having range at all. In my testings, thing still works but i couldn't be positive is his range really shorter then normal or not. 

From my understanding, it's the reflect of Staggering Shield that has a limited range. Meaning if the enemy is outside of the effective relfecting range, Staggering Shield should technically not be doing anything.

Okay i just did some testing while writing the above:

I tried max range and no range, both with and without the augment. For some reason there doesn't seem to be much difference, if not any.at all. (tested with 20 lvl 25 corrupted heavy gunners)

The stagger effect proccs just slightly more often with the augment. This is really weird....

Edited by no_stripes