The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two Factor Authentication, Is It A Long, Troubled Process?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

I enabled the two factor authentication, then I launched the game but it asked me nothing, probably because I did it from my usual IP.

I was about to try from my laptop, but I wanted to hear some feedback first:

Is it long to get the email?

Any chances you can end up being stuck out of the game if the mail doesn't arrive?

In case, will it lock me out until I put the code just from my laptop or from my home PC as well?

Thanks!

Edited by siralextraffo

6 answers to this question

When I activated it, it didn't take long at all -- got the email as soon as I signed up for two-factor authentication. From what I can tell, you'll only be completely locked out if you don't have ANY computers that are authenticated. Trying to unlock your account for another computer shouldn't lock out access from previously authorized ones.

Edited by Stefe

When I activated it, it didn't take long at all -- got the email as soon as I signed up for two-factor authentication. From what I can tell, you'll only be completely locked out if you don't have ANY computers that are authenticated. Trying to unlock your account for another computer shouldn't lock out access from previously authorized ones.

But....I enabled the authentication(at least, I think I did, I just clicked the button, nothing happened but the page reloaded), I logged it into the game just fine, no email received, no code asked....I logged in just fine, but I don't know if the PC is authorized now and honestly unless it's something automatic I don't think it is!

Edited by siralextraffo

Well, in that case, it sounds like something you'll have to take up with Support once they're back in the office.

Dunno, I don't really mind if it let me login from my home PC, though I'm scared to try from the laptop as I'm afraid it would lock me out of the game, especially since the email is nowhere to be found now...

Just as a clarification: you pushed the "enable" button, you got no confirmation that you were enabled or something? Like, the page didn't give you any message?

Then you logged in to your usual PC and it asked you the code, sending the email meanwhile?

Edited by siralextraffo

Dunno, I don't really mind if it let me login from my home PC, though I'm scared to try from the laptop as I'm afraid it would lock me out of the game, especially since the email is nowhere to be found now...

Just as a clarification: you pushed the "enable" button, you got no confirmation that you were enabled or something? Like, the page didn't give you any message?

Then you logged in to your usual PC and it asked you the code, sending the email meanwhile?

Just in case you're reading this, I pushed "enable" then the "save" button below it. Afterwards, I got an email with a code to enter that links your account with the computer you're authorizing. You didn't mention anything about confirming your decision to use two-factor authentication, so I was thinking that you forgot to hit "save".

Hope this helps.