The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Sniper Build

cheesecake16

Question

15 answers to this question

You can use any weapon and Warframe combination if you want to make it work. Snipers can work fine. Zephyr can work fine. However, since you've started so recently, I think it's better to take it a bit slower. You don't really need to worry about whether or not Zephyr or Snipers work in endless missions, because everything works fine on the Star chart.

Because you've started so recently, there's a few snipers in-game, but only the Vulkar is available at Mastery Rank 0. The Vectis is available at Mastery Rank 3, the Lanka at Mastery Rank 7, and Rubico at Mastery Rank 5. Snipetron has no rank restriction but is no longer readily available (only from events/Tactical alerts at this point).

EDIT: Mastery Rank is basically your Profile Rank or Account Rank, not the rank of your Warframe. You increase your Mastery Rank by leveling different weapons; releveling the same weapons will not increase Mastery Rank.

At this point in time, you can use the Vulkar. Every since its second set of buffs, it's a very versatile sniper. It has a wide variety of scope zoom settings (2.5x, 6x, and 12x). Most other snipers only have 2 scope settings. Additionally, each shot from the Vulkar will stagger an enemy, which can be helpful for those shots that don't KO heavy units. It's also a good gun to use in the future, should you decide to put Forma and a Catalyst in it.

Most sniper builds tend to have these mods in common:

-Serration (+damage mod)

-Split Chamber (colloquially referred to as "Multishot," because that's the effect it gives).

-Point Strike (increases critical hit chance %).

-Vital Sense (increases critical hit damage %).

-2 Element mods to create an elemental combination (Corrosive, Radiation, Magnetic, etc. which depends on the faction you're fighting).

-2 mods of your choice (Punch Through, Charged Chamber and Depleted Reload, reload speed, another Element mod, etc).

These mods are pretty much going to be on any sniper build. Don't worry about getting them all right now. It takes a little while to get all of these mods, and it takes longer still to rank them up. But, keep an eye out if you come across any of them.

Now, onto Zephyr.  Turbulence, (her 3rd skill), has a radius that decreases enemy accuracy. If you're using a sniper, it's possible you may be out of range for the enemy to get decreased accuracy from Turbulence if you're planning on using the sniper at maximum range only. Other than that, Zephyr's 1st skill, Tail Wind, has very good mobility and can easily move across the battlefield very quickly, which can let you get the distance you want if you want to use your sniper at max range.

She has very high shields and health (but low armor), so this means she'll probably be fairly sturdy on Star chart missions because of her high shields on top of Turbulence (and Tornado if you need to fricasse the battlefield).

Edited by Otenko

All of the snipers except Lanka are hit-scan, so no Zephyr is required to use their maximum potential. Zephyrs 3rd ability can be useful with Lanka, because it faster the projectile speed, so that build may work (max strength+max duration).

Vectis prime is a real powerhouse btw.

Edited by Dobermann92

How can you get a prime item without prime access?

Prime warframes and weapons can be found doing void missions. These void missions can only be access from void keys. Each void key has multitude of different missions as well its own tier. Higher tier usually me more frequent prime parts.

These void key can be Gained from doing excavation, survival, defence, interception. Any endless missions really.

Void key drop locations: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Keys

Here void drop table: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Void/ByMissions

Also I suggest you check wiki, its reliable website. As well go on YouTube find PsyCoCinematics, he humble guy. Which does alot of Warframe guide videos in alot of detail :)

Edit: if my English is bit. It because it not my native tongue

Edited by Ibro156

My original plan for Zephyr was to have the Vectis with the mods: Primed Chamber and Charged Chamber. And thanks for all the help.

Also primed chamber can't be gained from playing the game :/ Yah, I think DE used to give them Devstream

thanks for the info

I wouldn't worry about Primed Chamber for a long time. DE occasionally gives out 1 or 2 during a Devstream (which are bi-weekly, every 2 weeks on Fridays). Before that, it was an event reward from an event 2 and a half years ago (Spy Drone or Grineer Informant event) and it was only given to the top 100 players of that event.

Because of its very limited quantity and no observed plans for re-release (in the players' eyes), it's a mod that often sells for several thousand plat.

Primed Chamber is a good mod, to be certain. However, any build with Charged Chamber will still work plenty fine.

How do I send a build from Warframe Builder?

Top of the page, under the item/Weapon/Warframe name, there's a button that says "Export." Click on that and copy and paste the link that shows up. The bottom link is just the truncated version of the one on top.

You've definitely bumped up your Sprint Speed by a significant amount. You probably don't need to maximize it so much, if you'd rather have a general use build. There's nothing wrong with having a build you like using, but be aware that your powers are mostly neglected.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/531492-the-super-duper-ultra-mega-parkour-20-zephyr-movement-tutorial/

4G3NT_0R4NG3 has made a very comprehensive topic concerning how Zephyr's abilities are affected by Warframe Power stats. It also goes over how to properly control/handle her movement. I strongly suggest reading it.

Personally, I prefer the Parkour Mods (the ones that increase Bullet Jump, like Mobilize, Piercing Step, or Ice Spring) over Sprint Speed, especially because having Tail Wind used in conjunction with Bullet Jump lets you essentially move anywhere you want. If you look at a spot, you can pretty much get to it.

Sprint Speed lets you move faster in the air, but the increase in Bullet Jump speed from a Parkour mod will be more pronounced.

In the end, choosing between Sprint Speed and Bullet Jump is more subject to personal preference. So it's up to you.

Ive looked through the controls and how do you zoom in on a sniper rifle because I dont see it

You zoom by using the "Aim weapon" button. Right click by default I think.

You change zoom levels, by pressing the Alt-Fire, Secondary Fire, or Alternative Fire (whatever it's called). I'm not sure what the default setting for this is (middle click maybe)? It's good to check your Controller or Keyboard keybindings in the options menu.