Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Capes, Or Actually Regular Capes

belthagor

Ninja had no official "uniform" or specific armor or clothing. The black pajamas? That's just media, no evidence that they actually wore anything like that.

They were often dressed as civilians, but were also shown in samurai armor. They also had lighter types of chain or plate armor that they would wear under other clothing.

A common piece of clothing is called a gappa. It's a travel cape. Not a stereotypical, impractical super hero cape. Try and think outside of the box that you refuse to step out of.

2j491tw.png

2rcydds.png

DE expressed genuine interest in adding scarves in the last livestream.

I wouldn't mind capes. You know, real ones. Not super hero ones that people keep thinking about for whatever reason. I'd like cloaks too, full-length capes.

Dat real ninja gear... Don't know if Ninja or Hobo... Some serious "more than meets the eye" goin' on there. XD

because men who have capes always like carrying purses, excellent idea.

The point

----->

You head

A purse makes as much sense to have as a cape.

Adding cosmetics is fine, but it's a slippery slope. Just look at the mess TF2 has become with glowing / flaming hat, sunglasses, and outfits that have completely butchered the original aesthetic that the game once had. Listen to the commentary again then go to a public game. Can you really say the game, not the company, is better for it?

Capes on Space Ninjas? This is bad joke right?

We don't need capes or other clan "apparel". What we need at minimum are clan tags and ways for other players to see which Clan we are a part of (and choose to apply to). Cloths are perhaps too much.

I could see Dojo Kimonos which we take off for duals. Wearing floppy fabrics on missions is a recipe for disaster. Do you remember Thunderhead?

Thought of this as soon as I saw the thread!

Good job :)

I do believe certain DEvs are keen on scarfs of some sort. Food for thought.

Ninja had no official "uniform" or specific armor or clothing. The black pajamas? That's just media, no evidence that they actually wore anything like that.

They were often dressed as civilians, but were also shown in samurai armor. They also had lighter types of chain or plate armor that they would wear under other clothing.

A common piece of clothing is called a gappa. It's a travel cape. Not a stereotypical, impractical super hero cape. Try and think outside of the box that you refuse to step out of.

2j491tw.png

2rcydds.png

DE expressed genuine interest in adding scarves in the last livestream.

I wouldn't mind capes. You know, real ones. Not super hero ones that people keep thinking about for whatever reason. I'd like cloaks too, full-length capes.

This actually could be used in designing the next frame.... The shape is very interesting and would give a fresh frame an interesting, all-be-it nonaquatic, look

capes would be kind of weird and out of place in a game like warframe i think

i can KIND of see scarves being built into the armor because scarves kind of fit the ninja design, but having a super high tech gun slinging robo-ninja running around with a cape that looks like it was made for super man seems, odd and pretty unusual in my opinion

When are people going to realize that personal adornements like capes and scarves do not belong in this type of setting, at all.

The Tenno are wearing organic bio-armor for the sole purpose of killing their enemies. They forgo anything that denotes personality or that could get in the way of their mission. Tenno are soldiers.

Soldiers do not wear capes. Especially not in the future.

Trained combatants minimalize attire wherever possible, any excess material can be grabbed in a fight and used against you. It simply does not make sense for a trained killing machine to wear garments that serve 0 practical purpose but to get in the way of a melee.

Capes make you easier to spot, are easy to exploit in a fist fight, get in your face when you are fighting, get caught on things when you run, are difficult to maintain in such dirty environments (since I sincerely doubt there are laundry facilities, considering every single faction uses 0 cloth material in any of their garments) and are overall pointless.

They break immersion. If you want cosmetics, they should simply add more exaggerated armor pieces. Greaves, Pauldrons, Chest Plates, the whole shebang. You simply dont put material decorations over top of organic armor, it just doesnt make sense. Especially since most of us weild weapons bathed in fire.

When are people going to realize that personal adornements like capes and scarves do not belong in this type of setting, at all.

The Tenno are wearing organic bio-armor for the sole purpose of killing their enemies. They forgo anything that denotes personality or that could get in the way of their mission. Tenno are soldiers.

Soldiers do not wear capes. Especially not in the future.

Trained combatants minimalize attire wherever possible, any excess material can be grabbed in a fight and used against you. It simply does not make sense for a trained killing machine to wear garments that serve 0 practical purpose but to get in the way of a melee.

Capes make you easier to spot, are easy to exploit in a fist fight, get in your face when you are fighting, get caught on things when you run, are difficult to maintain in such dirty environments (since I sincerely doubt there are laundry facilities, considering every single faction uses 0 cloth material in any of their garments) and are overall pointless.

They break immersion. If you want cosmetics, they should simply add more exaggerated armor pieces. Greaves, Pauldrons, Chest Plates, the whole shebang. You simply dont put material decorations over top of organic armor, it just doesnt make sense. Especially since most of us weild weapons bathed in fire.

Too bad for you that DE likes scarves and is going to give them to us.

Along with lots of dangly bits. Praise the dangly bits!

Oh, and in response to "soldiers do not wear capes". Where exactly did you get that information? Capes and cloaks are very useful garments. Protection from the elements is a good use they have in military and police forces.

You ever seen a gas cape? Of course you have, everyone has seen that specific attire, whether they know what it was specifically called or not. I'm not sure if they still use them.

You can find military/navy/police/etc personnel, modern and older, wearing capes while posing in pictures.

There are some older military uniforms that have built in capes, 'cause that S#&$ is fancy.

cloak1.jpg

Look at that, that just looks really dashing. Canadian, I think.

The states seems to be incredibly boring when it comes to uniforms.

But Warframe isn't reality! Warframe is fantasy! Warframe is a game! Capes and scarves won't hinder our performance because we are not weak little babby humans!

Edited by FatalX7