The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox One: Mods Mathematics Just "don't Add Up" (Not Sure About Pc Or Ps4)

(XBOX)TheIceFireNinja

Question

I have a "Vitality" mod that is ranked up to 2. According to the mod itself, this equals a total of +120% boost to my Warframe's health. My Warframe's health BASE is 160.

My total health after inserting the mod == 280

160 health x 1.2 (120%) + 160 (Base health) == 352

Now let's assume that the description of the mod at rank 2 is incorrect and it should be 80%, not 120%...

It should STILL be 288 so even this is incorrect.

Redirection *mod* at rank 4 gives +200% Shield Capacity.

My BASE Shield capacity is 240. Having Redirection equipped at rank 4 (+200% shield capacity) SHOULD be formula:

Base 240 + (Base 240 * 2.0) == 720, so why is the game's math adding up to a total of 540?

Redirection at Rank 0 is ALSO incorrect as it should boost my 240 to 336, yet it only gives me a total of 300.

With Volt, BASE Armor is 15. 70% with Steel Fiber rank 6.

That gives 10.5. And the game "rounds down" the calculation to the nearest whole number of 10.0

Also "Armored Agility" gives 12.5% Sprint Speed and 37.5% Armor at Rank 4.

While the mathematics on "Steel Fiber" rounds down (at least at this rank and my level 9 Volt), ... 
Why does the Sprint speed increase of "Armored Agility" round UP???

Also with "Armored Agility" at rank 4: +37.5% armor increase...From the base 15, gives me a 5.625 point increase in Armor. Again, the game rounds DOWN to an even 5.0

And here's another one, "FLOW" mod, Damaged, Max Power 72%.
VOLT Warframe at level 9 has a base Power capacity of 115, and with this upgrade Maxed out rank 3 at +72% power max, gives me only 187. SHOULD be giving me 197.8 power capacity.

So Warframe Devs, These are 7 MAJOR Mathematical flaws that don't add up. Simple math, simple formulas.

Can we please have these fixed and can I please have comments from the Devs about these issues?

--------------------------------
GT: TheIceFireNinja (Current Level 9 Volt / Polarized new slots 2x)

10 answers to this question

100x(1.2)+100+60=280.

Funnily enough only thing that is multiplicative and not additive is weapon dmg.

Elemental mods take into account direct dmg increase mods which creates stupidly high dmg values.

Edited by Davoodoo

But shouldn't the bonuses be applied to your CURRENT Base stats as of whatever rank you currently are?

Especially considering that you can't even apply these mods at rank 0, it makes no sense to apply the multiplicative nature of the formula to base rank  0 stats.

Edited by (XB1)TheIceFireNinja

you can't even apply these mods at rank 0

Sure you can - Auras add Capacity, with matching Polarities you can have 14 (18 with Steel Charge) Capacity in an unranked Frame.

And I prefer Mods being based on unranked stats, that way you can have a big boost right away,

if those Mods scaled with stat increases, they'd need to have lower effects and thus would do less early on.

But shouldn't the bonuses be applied to your CURRENT Base stats as of whatever rank you currently are?

Especially considering that you can't even apply these mods at rank 0, it makes no sense to apply the multiplicative nature of the formula to base rank  0 stats.

Mods used to work based off the stats as modified by affinity rank in closed beta.  DE changed it because it was stupidly easy to get stupidly huge numbers.  Assuming base 100 stats, you can currently top out at 740 points.  Way back in closed beta, that same frame at rank 30 would have 1620 points of whatever.

The frames with 150 shields were even worse, since you'd have well over 2000 shield points.