[DE]Rebecca

Partnership Announcement (Further Updates)

Tenno,

Back in July of 2015 our pink-shorted DE_Steve made a post that brought updated information on our Partnership with Leyou, which you can see here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/493903-partnership-announcement-update/

Dearest Tenno,

I'm taking a quick break from crunching my face off for Echoes of the Sentient Update to follow up on the announcement from 8 months ago regarding a proposed partnership for Digital Extremes.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/324240-partnership-announcement/

This morning news went out announcing the official partnership of DE with Multi Dynamic Games, a subsidiary of Leyou Technologies Holdings Limited. You can find the news here: http://www.hkexnews.hk/listedco/listconews/sehk/2015/0721/LTN20150721806.pdf

Nothing new to report other than that. We have been and will continue to operate business and development as usual in our Dojo.

Back to building Warframe…

-DE_Steve

We have a quick update on this news. Leyou, our parent company, just filed notice to purchase the rest of DE according to plan. True to July's statements, we will indeed continue to operate our Dojo and develop as usual, bringing you more and more 'Second Dream' tier experiences to share.

- DERebecca

• Upvote 63

More Second Dream tier experience? I sure hope so.

I would like to see a cinematic of Orokin-Sentient war with the discovery of warframes and it's relation with technocyte.

Edited by Oranji
  • Upvote 18

...Thought they were only purchasing part of DE while you guys kept the rest?

Unless I read incorrectly but I remember seeing something like 51% being mentioned.

Edited by Naith
  • Upvote 49

Need to looking for other game.

PS: Just kidding, I already found some.

Edited by Sziklamester
  • Upvote 20

What's the big deal? I can't understand these doom comments.

You know full well you're not going to up and leave just because DE have made a partnership.

• Upvote 10

I got question. The parent company have any influence in game? If so will; they make any big decisions in game like lore, gameplay and mechanics?

• Upvote 10

Because Sumpo Foods and their associated companies are closely associated with Perfect World Entertainment.

Who are widely known for slowly killing every game they touch.

EDIT: Plus, unless I misunderstood, when this first came to light we were told that Sumpo would only be purchasing 51% of NON-SHAREHOLDING stocks, and DE would keep the rest. Nothing was said about purchase of the entire company. 

That's them, and DE is different. They aren't chinese developers who make everything p2w. Chinese players supposedly get very sad/angry when you can't buy your way to the top, which is why any PWE game you see released for us after it's been out in China first, is so 'S#&$ty'

• Upvote 12

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=35489785

"Leyou.com Inc. sells products for pregnant women, babies, infants, and toddlers in China. The company's products include pregnancy care, foods, baby care, articles, garments, beds, gears, toys, books, music, video, and clothing. The company sells its products through Internet, catalogs, and a network of retail shops in China. Leyou.com, Inc. was founded in 1999 and is based in Beijing, China."

yes...

• Upvote 25

As long as you guys keep producing awesome content and keep the (imo) player-friendly monetary model, I'm cool :3

• Upvote 33

that warframe is no longer ....how to say it .... at Digital Extreme development

If the company has been bought ,what will happen to WF then ?

As a guy who played here for 2 years and spent money ,im waiting for an ANSWER 

DERebecca:  

We have a quick update on this news. Leyou, our parent company, just filed notice to purchase the rest of DE according to plan. True to July's statements, we will indeed continue to operate our Dojo and develop as usual, bringing you more and more 'Second Dream' tier experiences to share.

- DERebecca

Edited by DonGheddo
  • Upvote 5

Like Wukong and Nezha weren't bad enough... might be a good time to leave - -

What do you mean they weren't bad enough? To me they seem to work perfectly as warframes, is it the Chinese theme that makes you think they don't fit in?

• Upvote 7

What do you mean they weren't bad enough? To me they seem to work perfectly as warframes, is it the Chinese theme that makes you think they don't fit in?

Yeah it's generally just the fact that they're so-called "chinaframes" that has a few small-minded people upset about it.

• Upvote 25

soooo 

whats in it for us? 

I mean as your community, do we get any benefits, with this partnership? 

They're giving DE a truckload of money, which they can use for developmental purposes. That's how they were able to afford the new mocap studio, for instance. Money allows for more content, and higher quality content all around.

I'm still worried though.

• Upvote 51