Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Afk System Idea

DoctorWild

Ok, I got that idea, and my friend that it is good, so I suggest it here.

Well, it is normal to leave the pc 2 min. for going to the bathroom to take a piss or something else.

So, in the left4dead 2, when you put the game in pause while doing a online match, the character go in bot mode, until the player will return from the WC.

Ok, it would be good, no more afker who die every 30 sec., and they should not do a lot of work, we have already specter that do the same thing. However, we should put some limits:

- max of 3 min. in bot-mode for match, if more it will leave the match by itself.

- When a player go afk, the character will stick to an active player helping them.

What do you think? Is it good? Is it bad? Impossible to applicate on Warframe?

Its iffy playing bot-mode, but if you say for 3mins+ it auto leaves the group I think it could work. That way you don't get people just entering bot mode and letting the AI play the game for them. But then again you could get people who would bot mod for 2 mins unbot for a sec, then bot again. Rinsing and repeating.

It sounds good, a bit too "soft touch" for me, but it could work.

I normally prefer a harsher punishment for afk'ers, I mean, those bots couldn't replace an actual players thinking in real time. But this could help

Yeah, but I don't realy care about punishments, I just want to have fun and ress afker isn't fun. And it can happen to everyone, you know, to go to the bathroom.

Demonfr, it is 3 min for match, you can't restart it without doing a visit to your liset.

Edited by DoctorWild

the bot system might also be nice for using chat, since it beats standing still for several seconds, hoping something doesn't kill you, while you compose your message.

More on topic, what are you proposing would trigger the bot mode? The game registering a player as afk? The weakness here is that it takes a certain bit of time for the afk status to activate, and so unless the player has found a safe place to hide, they'll likely be dead before the bot gets triggered(atleast in high level content). If you're proposing that the player activates the bot manually by hitting the esc key, you might still get players who afk w/o doing that so they don't have to worry about getting kicked if they're gone more than 3 minutes.

the bot system might also be nice for using chat, since it beats standing still for several seconds, hoping something doesn't kill you, while you compose your message.

More on topic, what are you proposing would trigger the bot mode? The game registering a player as afk? The weakness here is that it takes a certain bit of time for the afk status to activate, and so unless the player has found a safe place to hide, they'll likely be dead before the bot gets triggered(atleast in high level content). If you're proposing that the player activates the bot manually by hitting the esc key, you might still get players who afk w/o doing that so they don't have to worry about getting kicked if they're gone more than 3 minutes.

Well, in other game with that mechanics, they just press esc and then there will be an option, make a break; the bot mode will be triggered, a timer would be displayed or just press space for returning to play.

Well, in other game with that mechanics, they just press esc and then there will be an option, make a break; the bot mode will be triggered, a timer would be displayed or just press space for returning to play.

In that case, since the "afk bot mode" is something the player must activate manually, it has to be more advantageous to the player than simply running to a safe spot and going afk without pressing esc, otherwise the player won't use it(especially if you put restrictions in the mechanic, such as "cannot gain affinity" and "automatically aborts mission after 3 minutes").

Well it sound good, played left4dead 2 way before Warframe so i know that feature, but it's not the same, here we have the problem of xp and rewords and ppl will find a way to exploit it.

But for the sake of the topic i think it should be like this:

- When you hit "esc" you enter pause mod  (just like in solo but with a catch)

[ pause mod = invulnerable, no affinity gain, no drop gain, companion enters the same state, max 120 seconds pause , only one time in an instance ] 

The AI was, I imagine, a lot easier to control in L4D than WF. I could trust that Bill would still be alive from when I got back from being afk, but in WF there's so much more going on I'd rather hide in a corner.

Edit:

Well it sound good, played left4dead 2 way before Warframe so i know that feature, but it's not the same, here we have the problem of xp and rewords and ppl will find a way to exploit it.

- When you hit "esc" you enter pause mod  (just like in solo but with a catch)

[ pause mod = invulnerable, no affinity gain, no drop gain, companion enters the same state, max 120 seconds pause , only one time in an instance ] 

This could work.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

Let me just pause and watch a stream, just got to press unpause and pause. Man this is easier than having to run around and I even get kills!!!

No.
All I'm seeing here is a bunch of afk lovers all throwing cheers at a suggested system which will benefit afk'ing. The only people who seem to be suggesting new AFK systems are offenders who want to afk and suggest less effective systems.

You stop moving for 1 minute, shared exp is turned off.  You stop moving for 2 minutes, no Affinity gained. You stop moving for 3 minutes you get a flashing warning, 4 minutes forfeit current reward and all future rewards for that mission. You afk more than 30% of total play time = no rewards or exp (even if you got kills)
Repeat offenses within a 48 hour period will remove shared exp for 24 hours.
Second strike will lock you out from Public for 12/24 hours (will be reapplied for 4 and onward strikes) and apply a -50% exp debuff (duration counts down based off total playtime and not logged in time.)
Third strike will Apply a tag, which prevents round based rewards untill you complete #? of missions.

It takes a lot of Afk'ing to gain 1 strike. eg. 10 missions of which 7 you were marked as afk at any point.

Your strikes will reset every week.  Any exp debuffs, reward denials will remain until their quota is fulfilled.

Edited by xFrostKnightx

- When you hit "esc" you enter pause mod  (just like in solo but with a catch)

Sure some will say 2 minutes is not enough, maybe I want to take a piss  2 or 3 times and I only pause only once,  in that case let just say you have a cumulated of 120 seconds in a game so  if  you pause for 40 seconds   you still have 80 seconds worth of break, also the break should only be  usable after 5 mins or 5 waves  you entered an instance [if you really should take a piss or poo in this time you could have gone before the game].

Also  the pool of time should increase if the player is playing for over 30 minutes  [ for 30 mins PLAYED +30s after that any additional 10min of GAME PLAY will gain +10s ] so for an hour of CONSTANT PLAYING you should be able to pause the game for 3min, it is quite enough  for 2-3 toilet breaks and is not game breaking [ I think ] 

This should only apply when playing with 2 or more players in  a party, when single it should work like a regular pause.

Edited by syrusstk