The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Should Be My First Syndicate Weapon?

(PSN)tkMango_14

Question

I'm now mr10 but I probably have enough weapons to rank up to possibly reach mr12.My syndicates are the arbiters, suda and steel meridian.The only weapon I want from the three is the synoid simulor and I'm not really sure about the hek.It's really unfortunate because 2 weapons I really want is the tigris and the cernos.Also, is the secura penta worth it if I already have the tonkor? Is it also worth it to betray my syndicates after the simulor or should I trade?

5 answers to this question

If you like bows, then Rakta Cernos is great and you might could find somebody to trade you one of the other syndicate weapons for it.

The (Synoid) Simulor is definitely...unique. According to people that use it a lot it can really output damage. It's not really my kind of weapon though. I think its range is too short and you have to stack/combine the shots to get damage. IMO it's kind of like the Quanta only using secondary fire.

Vaykor Hek is really powerful and I think I'd prefer it over Sancti Tigris simply due to shots/reload. Sure you can kill pretty much anything with those 2 shots, but then you have to reload over and over. With the majority of enemies being Butchers, Lancers, Crewman, and whatnot I prefer the larger magazine with the damage more spread out to get a larger number of enemies that aren't heavy eximus.

Synoid gammacor- probably one of the strongest offhand weapons in the game.

Unrivaled dps, you'll need a ammo mutation tho.

The synoid simulor is also pretty darn strong. Offers a solid combination of CC and Dps.

Suda is therefore the best course in my oppinion.

Also important: the new loka augument for the furis (free health management ~)

I tried the hek and wasn't rly convinced.... i'm not a big fan of shotguns in this game tho. None of these are top dps primarys... The best ones seem to be tonkor, boltor prime and soma prime imo.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

The only weapon I want from the three is the synoid simulor Yes.  Just so much yes.  Especially if you main Mirage because that combo is utterly broken

and I'm not really sure about the hek. Are you rich?  It needs 2 primed mods and 5 or 6 forma to shine

It's really unfortunate because 2 weapons I really want is the tigris and the cernos Both fantastic, 3 forma's all you need for the Tigris

.Also, is the secura penta worth it if I already have the tonkor? Yes, airbursting is fun, and that 25 meter radial radiation proc is extremely useful.  My go to weapon on Triton

Is it also worth it to betray my syndicates after the simulor or should I trade? You don't have to betray to get the Rakta, just do a SM mission for every Suda mission, leave Hexis alone, and use all your bonus rep on SM.  It'll be at half speed, but you'll rank up Veil.  Trade for the Loka and Perrin stuff

Note:  The Hek will outperform the Tigris, but it's close on burst.  Nowhere even in the neighborhood on sustained.

Trade chat seems to have swung a bit too - everyone was obsessed with the Tigris when it came out and the value of the Hek dropped faster than a rock, now I routinely (at least once per night) see people offering to trade the Tigris for the Hek.