The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions For Kubrow Breeders

SaucyTuckermax

Question

Hey, guys...So let's start by saying I've been trying to get an "omega" kubrow, and I found someone that GAVE me 2X imprints of what was for sure an "omega" kubrow (max height and bulky build) Anyway I used the 2 imprints on an egg assuming it would make a clone of the kubrow the imprints were off....

WRONG...

O.k. so my kubrow i made from the imprints has same build and fur pattern but it's height is TINY literally half the size of the one imprints were off, So i go and do some research and check wiki only to find that its height is NOT imprinted on imprints.

O.k. so my questions are A: Why do SOME people try to sell there 'omega' imprints for hundreds of plat, when it is not garaunteed you will get an omega from the imprints?? or better yet, whos dumb enough to buy them since it's not a sure thing?

B: After all my research I found NOTHING on wiki that even says how many differen't height variations there are, Although it does mention build types. So how many height variations are there??

C: Since the kubrow I created from the imprints has the bulky body i want but isn't tall enough AND supposibly height is randomly generated when breeding, Can I just make two imprints of my kubrow, consign it, use the imprints make another one and repeat process however many times until RNG blesses me with my desired max height???

EDIT: Oh and gender had nothing to do with it, the kubrow i made was a male just like the parent.

Edited by SaucyTuckermax

5 answers to this question

Hey, guys...So let's start by saying I've been trying to get an "omega" kubrow, and I found someone that GAVE me 2X imprints of what was for sure an "omega" kubrow (max height and bulky build) Anyway I used the 2 imprints on an egg assuming it would make a clone of the kubrow the imprints were off....

WRONG...

O.k. so my kubrow i made from the imprints has same build and fur pattern but it's height is TINY literally half the size of the one imprints were off, So i go and do some research and check wiki only to find that its height is NOT imprinted on imprints.

O.k. so my questions are A: Why do SOME people try to sell there 'omega' imprints for hundreds of plat, when it is not garaunteed you will get an omega from the imprints?? or better yet, whos dumb enough to buy them since it's not a sure thing?

B: After all my research I found NOTHING on wiki that even says how many differen't height variations there are, Although it does mention build types. So how many height variations are there??

C: Since the kubrow I created from the imprints has the bulky body i want but isn't tall enough AND supposibly height is randomly generated when breeding, Can I just make two imprints of my kubrow, consign it, use the imprints make another one and repeat process however many times until RNG blesses me with my desired max height???

EDIT: Oh and gender had nothing to do with it, the kubrow i made was a male just like the parent.

A. Chances are very high of getting a "copy" when using 2 imprints of the same pooch. It is all RNG in the end.

B. I've seen from thigh high to chin high and every where in between. I am speaking of measuring as such:

http://mygermanshepherd.org/how-to-measure-your-dogs-height-and-weight/

C. Yes. That is all you can do at this point.

I know I will not change how everyone has classifies the max height and bulky build Kubrow, but please stop calling it "Omega." The Omega is at the bottom of the pecking order in the pack, and the community has lable it as the desirable one. Please stop.

A: Misinformation and greed. Chances are by now the Omega myth has spread so much that people don't even know it's not true, regardless of whether they're selling or buying.

B: I'd guess between the minimum and maximum kubrow size, you can get almost infinite number of variations. It doesn't seem like there are size presets.

C: Yes! It's a time consuming process, however. Also from my (limited) experiments it seems that rather often you will get a clone that is practically identical to the original, including in size. If that's not a quirk of incubator scaling, be prepared for disappointment!

A : simple ... click bait .. and maybe trying to scam people. Omega is just a click bait, nothing more.

B : there are alot of variations. I don't think there's a clear measurement for that. however, the max. and min. height is known 

C : yes you can keep re-breeding till you get the "Omega" height you want 

Edited by _Medo_

A) obviously bc people buy it. I'm preaching this in evry kubrow thread i come across, only to get responses aka "but thers a 60-80% chance to get the omega", what's just wrong. Height is RNG. Its a hell of a buisness to spread false rumors tho.

B) no info, and noone ever bothered to actually define it to my knowing? Thers at least 4 tho, small, regular, large & omega. From puppy-size to monster. Haven't seen much in between these 4.

C) yep. Breeding with two identical imprints definitly creates a clone, the only variations to be expected are gender & height. Build, race, colors and pattern are guaranteed. (Bulky shouldn't make much of a cosmetic gender difference, what leaves you with different sizes). Meaning that you're free to look for your PERFECT nonomega kubrow while you're at it. Shouldn't cost you a fortune to get your hands on a bulky beauty, in contrary to the omega scam.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108