The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Some Tips/opinions On Farming Ash Prime

SatelliteStrike

Question

Hi. So one of The first warframes I want to get is ash prime cause he looks so dam fun. I already managed to get chassis and helmet. So missing the blueprint and Systems. These are T3 survival and defense rotation C. The thing is my only frame is excalibur. My gear isn't that good. Planing making ash then leveling him + New weapons. My trouble is that People don't invite me to these missions. They prefer frost (no objections here), energy vampire trinity, and if they want excalibur only RJ (I assume RJ means his 3rd skill). I do better damage and survive with exalted blade. Without it I fall pretty bad. So any tips, ideeas or sugestions on what I can do? How to make people invite you? I need to farm cause ash is way too expensive in trade. Is there something I should be shouting? Change region often (NA, EU, ASIA etc)? He drops kind of hard so wanna know what can I do.

P.S. I can survive for 20 waves/min. But I can't go for 40 (2 rotations C). I would just die 2 often and annoy my team. So advice me

17 answers to this question

Most people when recruiting they want specific team. They can be incredibly harsh when rejecting people. I personal go with clan mates or just farm for the keys myself. Excalibur himself is good frame, you should level him up. Also Frost is great frame for anyone, you should go get him.

This is clan I go with. They're quite helpful to new players and returning veterans: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/383132-vicious-violence-is-recruiting-there-is-room-for-you-come-and-join-us/#entry6682410

Edited by Ibro156

Excalibur is rank 30. Currently I am building a valkyr. Want ash now. If there are fewer chances for beeing picked, where can I farm T3 survival and defense Keys? If I host should be easier. But again still hoping. Wanna get rest of ash parts as fast as posibile

And will look into clan thing

P.S. I can survive for 20 waves/min. But I can't go for 40 (2 rotations C). I would just die 2 often and annoy my team. So advice me

If this is the case, then I can make a few suggestions.

1) Don't go straight for Ash Prime. Try getting Rhino from Venus, or farm those Grineer missions with Manics as they drop Normal Ash, or farm Ceres' boss for Frost, or Nova from Europa. Those are some Frames people look for. Or Trinity from Phobos. This will give you experience in the game, and hopefully Mastery Rank so you're able to get those better Weapons to help aid you to 40 Waves/Minutes.

2) Collect Mods throughout the Star Chart. Find out which Mods you'll need for your weapons and Warframes to make them better. Research what drops them and farm them, or sell things for Plat (if you can) and buy/trade for those Mods.

3) If you're just gonna stick to 20 Wave/Minute runs, farm for more Keys, and host your own games. That way, you're guaranteed a spot and you can either create your own specially designed team (if you so choose to follow that path to the Dark Side), or allow the first 3 people to message you for an invite to join.

UeQP1Z6.png

Source: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Keys

Look for "View Void Key Drop List", click "By Key", click "Tower III", click on "D" or "Su"

If this is the case, then I can make a few suggestions.

1) Don't go straight for Ash Prime. Try getting Rhino from Venus, or farm those Grineer missions with Manics as they drop Normal Ash, or farm Ceres' boss for Frost, or Nova from Europa. Those are some Frames people look for. Or Trinity from Phobos. This will give you experience in the game, and hopefully Mastery Rank so you're able to get those better Weapons to help aid you to 40 Waves/Minutes.

2) Collect Mods throughout the Star Chart. Find out which Mods you'll need for your weapons and Warframes to make them better. Research what drops them and farm them, or sell things for Plat (if you can) and buy/trade for those Mods.

3) If you're just gonna stick to 20 Wave/Minute runs, farm for more Keys, and host your own games. That way, you're guaranteed a spot and you can either create your own specially designed team (if you so choose to follow that path to the Dark Side), or allow the first 3 people to message you for an invite to join.

UeQP1Z6.png

Source: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Keys

Look for "View Void Key Drop List", click "By Key", click "Tower III", click on "D" or "Su"

May I ask for exemple why rhino is more sought than say valkyr? They both have buff, they both tank. Only thing rhino has over valkyr is CC with stomp. Just curios since I hardly see valkyrs even though it's a fun frame. But yeah. So far never saw one in team void

If you plan to farm the void, you need some gear, frames and mods.

Properly modded frost, trin or/and nova is first step, all proper/maxed mods or at lest pushed to 8-9/10.

Decent gun, for example hek with scattered justice or tonkor, also same rule as above. 

When you have all that you can start thinkin on farming and joining other ppl. Not before. 

Because Valkyr is selfish and her buff is miles worse than Rhino's :)

The most utility Valkyr brings to a team is as a reviver, Rhino can do that just as well through Iron Skin and/or Stomp.

Generally speaking in a team Roar's damage buff and Stomp's hard CC contribute way more than Hysteria or Warcry ever can.

Also, Rhino is way more flexible. You can build him for CC, for nuking, for team buff/facetanking etc.

Also today later my rhino prime Will be finished crafting. Guess I can focus on him. Basically Today I get rhino prime, valkyr finish building in 2 days and other frame I wanted was ash p. Till later I can get 20 plat somehow for a New frame slot and maybe farm a frost

Or buy it, 200p.

I am not a casher. Only got 6 plat :p

Guess then my Best options are either getting better gear and mods, or farming keys and host myself. So far these seem like the only options to get ash p right?

Yes, if you don't want to spend plat, it's the only way. But it's so worth it. I was farming Loki Prime as my third frame, solo. Felt so good when the last part (systems) finally dropped.

May I ask for exemple why rhino is more sought than say valkyr? They both have buff, they both tank. Only thing rhino has over valkyr is CC with stomp. Just curios since I hardly see valkyrs even though it's a fun frame. But yeah. So far never saw one in team void

Rhino provides a buff for weapon damage and ability damage, whereas Valkyr only gives off a Melee speed buff. That, plus as you stated, Rhino has CC which is more valuable as the game goes on because being able to keep the objective from being destroyed (defense, for example) is better than killing things faster in early game but not being able to kill as fast later on, and the enemies pile up and they are able to destroy the objective faster than if you have a Frame with good CC capabilities.

I am not a casher. Only got 6 plat :p

Get into Trading, yo.

Vault Runs (Orokin Derelict Exterminate / Capture) shouldn't pose too much trouble to an Excalibur,

you can sell Corrupted Mods (that you don't want to keep, heh) for around 5-20 Plat depending on demand.