The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Oberon Really That Bad

BabyBomi

Question

25 answers to this question

No, Oberon is not a bad frame, contrary to what some might say. he's a very good balance of Support and CC, he can be built many different ways, and if Trinity isn't around, he's a great healer. he is underused however, and he needs a rework to make him a little more specialized (as it stands, he's a Jack of All Trades, master of none).

I love using Oberon, also one of the best looking frames IMO. plus you can sacrifice his spare parts to RNGsus.

He's a nice frame, and since he's easy to get, I'd say newer players can aim for him.

He has damage, some CC, and a heal. He has a little bit of everything and is good for most missions, but players don't like a jack-of-all-trades in their team.

So by all means, try him. He can manage himself quite well, it's just that most players feel that specialized frames are more efficient.

No, Oberon is not a bad frame, contrary to what some might say. he's a very good balance of Support and CC, he can be built many different ways, and if Trinity isn't around, he's a great healer. he is underused however, and he needs a rework to make him a little more specialized (as it stands, he's a Jack of All Trades, master of none).

I love using Oberon, also one of the best looking frames IMO. plus you can sacrifice his spare parts to RNGsus.

Parts dropping from eximus enemies is the main reason people think he's bad. Otherwise he is a good frame to use IMO.

My nuke-Oberon always outdamages WoF Ember P in exterminate missions.

Oberon is actually a really good Frame. They just made a poor decision to make him drop from Exiums enemies.

The only problem i have is the energy cost for EVERY ability.

Parts dropping from eximus enemies is the main reason people think he's bad. Otherwise he is a good frame to use IMO.

I'd say the lack of damage and being outclassed in a lot of ways is why people think he's bad.

He's not really bad, but he's not great. Kinda in-between, really.

I'd say the lack of damage and being outclassed in a lot of ways is why people think he's bad.

He's not really bad, but he's not great. Kinda in-between, really.

Agreed.

My maxed-strength Oberon can deal fair damage on low-to-mid enemies, while only radiation damage proc at high-level enemies.

But he's one fun warframe to use, with many modding possiblities.

Edited by SpryCrow

Agreed.

My maxed-strength Oberon can deal fair damage on low-to-mid enemies, while only radiation damage proc at high-level enemies.

But he's one fun warframe to use, with many modding possiblities.

Oh yes, there's no denying he's fun. His abilities are satisfying, with the exception of Renewal, and his radiation spread is fantastic.

Just a shame he's not really great. Good can only cut it for so long.

The only problem i have is the energy cost for EVERY ability.

Less the generall energy cost and more the NEED to use energy... his ult is a rather nice CC but kinda needs to be spamed as its set on a low duration, especially playing the augument. Rejuvination is expensive af for what it does and hallowed ground is set pretty low duration wise as well.

I rly liked to play him before DE nerfed energy orbs a couple months ago but i just can't substain him anymore recently...

He's really good in my books. Granted I haven't played him much recently as I've been on a Borderlands binge and he isn't well suited for sorties (his stats make him a bit too fragile) but he's a really solid frame if you ask me.

Oberon is more of a middle ground among the frames for me. He's not exceptionally strong like some other frames, but not really as bad and a very solid frame. His Smite is a mild small area CC with a Radiation proc with orbs that stuns enemies, Hollowed Ground is an anti-proc field, Renewal is a straight up healing ability, and Reckoning is CC which also stops enemies from attacking as they are lifted. Though I wouldn't mind him getting a buff to some abilities. His Hollowed Ground and Reckoning really could use it.

Edited by Knightmare047

He's not bad, just mediokrish, but in proper hands can be entirely decent like most of frames. 

For some reason he has bad rep. I am thinking of pimping one with nice armor /cosmetics, mean guns and play it in void /sorties just to surprise ppl "what? oberon did most kills?"

He is bad. Saying otherwise is just an attempt to sweeten the pill. He is pretty decent second frame, as he is most likely to be your first access to healing. He is also not bad for soloing the game at the beginning.

However, the only somewhat effective role he can fit in is to be a buffer for Draco, if Frost doesn't have Freeze Force. Aside from that, he has no role that can't be filled with another frame that will be better at doing the job. That's why he is bad. He needs his rework desperately. He needs something he can excel at.

Oberon is not a bad frame, it's just that almost every other frame is far better than him at anything he can bring to the table.  That kind of thing usually puts you at the bottom of the best frames lists even though he's really not truly bottom tier, but someone has to be at the top and bottom and the one who doesn't outshine anyone else in what they do will always fill out those bottom spots.

Oh and maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time finding Oberon players around.  I literally can't remember seeing any in the past 2 months and I play every day for 4+ hours at least....just not seeing oberon players around anywhere....almost the same as the lack of zephyr players.

Edited by Krymanol

When I leveled him up for mastery he was the weakest and most boring frame I had ever tried out. The blue ball of crap, the tiny field on the ground that does nothing, the healing that is too slow to be really useful in battle, and the average CC that targets whatever it wants and loses one of its effect when it stops dealing damage... But that's just my opinion.