The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Exactly Do People Get To Such High Mr

BabyBomi

Question

I've been rushing MR for the war and the vaykor hek. Currently sitting at MR9, I have ran out of cheap weapons and all thats left is weapons that use ~2 argon crystals, ~3 morphics, ~4 neurodes etc. I've not only run out of resources but I have also run out of credits. I am also in the midst of farming syndicates, focus, and sorties (for lens). I don't have time to farm credits and resources... but I have to since baro is coming in 2 days ...

How exactly do you get to MR21...... (I'm only aiming for MR12 right now but that is looking quite far away atm).

Edited by BabyBomi

Event + founder exclusives are how you hit 21.

You can hit 20 w/o founders items at the moment I believe...

I find mastery fodder to be trivial, but that's just my opinion... If you're in a clan, then clan tech is a 'good' way to get a higher MR. That and getting any other [prime] frames that you can.

As of Update 17.9, the current maximum rank is Mastery Level 21, Gold Tiger with 1,109,796 total Mastery Points.

• With none of the Exclusive Mastry items (13 Event, 3 Founder, 4 Market Retired, 9 Prime Vault, and 11 Void Trader), the current maximum rank is Mastery Level 19, Tiger with 977,796 Mastery Points.

So just level everything you can and do every mission on the starchart.

Edited by tyny89

Event + founder exclusives are how you hit 21.

You can hit 20 w/o founders items at the moment I believe...

I find mastery fodder to be trivial, but that's just my opinion... If you're in a clan, then clan tech is a 'good' way to get a higher MR. That and getting any other [prime] frames that you can.

You can hit 21 without the Founders items.  I know a couple people that have started after me and are MR 20 or 21 already.

I hit MR 19 a couple weeks ago, mainly how I did it was picking up all of the Warframes, secondary and melee weapons as well as all of the companions.  I ran my Mag Prime and just rotated the peripheral weapons/companions when the hit max rank. 

Roughly half of the primary weapons are untouched.

There isn't much point to having a high MR unless; you're a trader or use load out slots a lot.  Oh, and Syndicate weapons are MR 12 locked.  

Edited by Noamuth

Warframes give twice as much mastery as weapons so get all the easy to farm frames if you haven't already.  Sentinels are also good for mastery as they come with weapons that grant it too.  Archwings give the same as Warframes and you have unlimited slots for them and the Arch-weapons.

Warframes give twice as much mastery as weapons so get all the easy to farm frames if you haven't already.  Sentinels are also good for mastery as they come with weapons that grant it too.  Archwings give the same as Warframes and you have unlimited slots for them and the Arch-weapons.

archwings are a pain in the &amp;#&#33; to lvl <.<

Short answer, play the game a lot. Only way to get all the resources you need.

I did Draco farming for a while to burn through some of the weapons I didn't want to level the hard way. That also netted me a lifetime supply of Orokin cells, so that's one resource I don't have to farm anymore. Argon crystals are easy to pick up, just do a few T3 or T4 defense runs and you'll have enough for whatever weapon/frame you're currently getting ready to build (argon should be the last ingredient you farm, since it decays). For credits, you can either do Void capture missions or short Dark Sector defense runs. Basically, you jump into a DS defense, and extract at the first opportunity. That nets you the 20k-30k mission reward every five minutes or so. Set up extractors on Jupiter and whatever planets drop neurodes.

Other than that, just farm farm farm. If you're rushing MR, focus on new frames, since they net more mastery.

archwings are a pain in the ! to lvl <.<

They can be a bit slow to level but I enjoy those missions.  I must admit I played Archwing a lot during double affinity weekends to power through some of the weapons though!  Suggesting Archwing was partly a pre-emptive response to something like "I can't afford slots to get more Warframes".  Archwings and their weapons have unlimited slots so, if you are short on Pt but have time to spare, you can level Archwing stuff without any cost.

Short answer, play the game a lot. Only way to get all the resources you need.

I did Draco farming for a while to burn through some of the weapons I didn't want to level the hard way. That also netted me a lifetime supply of Orokin cells, so that's one resource I don't have to farm anymore. Argon crystals are easy to pick up, just do a few T3 or T4 defense runs and you'll have enough for whatever weapon/frame you're currently getting ready to build (argon should be the last ingredient you farm, since it decays). For credits, you can either do Void capture missions or short Dark Sector defense runs. Basically, you jump into a DS defense, and extract at the first opportunity. That nets you the 20k-30k mission reward every five minutes or so. Set up extractors on Jupiter and whatever planets drop neurodes.

Other than that, just farm farm farm. If you're rushing MR, focus on new frames, since they net more mastery.

Yeah I don't have enough warframe slots, waiting for a discount for plat to buy plat atm. Companions cost 100k for bp tho, which isn't too great for me right now. My only option will be to farm the resources I need I guess.

The best way to get Affinity (Mastery Rank) is through levelling Warframes and Sentinels. Maxing one Warframe/Sentinel will give you 900,000 Affinity/Mastery Rank points once it reaches level 30. Otherwise, weapons and Sentinal Weapons will only grant you 450,000 Affinity/Mastery Rank points once it reaches level 30. So if you haven't already, try farming some Warframes. This will also help you with your Credit problem if you don't get all three of your parts in three runs, as you can sell the excess for 3,500 Credits each.

My bad. You were completely right about Warframes getting 6,000 Mastery Rank. The table I'd shown above where Warframes, Archwings and Compaonions get 900,000 Mastery Rank is wrong. It's 900,000 Affinity. Players get 200 Mastery Rank per level of a Warframe, Archwing and Companion, and 100 of every level on weapons.

293NqOG.png

Sourcehttp://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity 5th paragraph

Edited by PickleMonster21

Basically the only answer is to level every single thing you can get your hands on.   It takes time, no need to try and rush.   Just play the game and have fun doing so, then you'll look one day and find you have so much resources and stuff that you can't even spend it all.

So I really started farming MR less than a year ago. I bought the Nova Prime accessory pack and had 90-day boosters. Built all the easy to build stuff. Built some harder to build stuff. Fast forward 2 more accessory packs: I am dry on forma, forma bps, and weapons to build that don't require forma. On the plus side, without doing the Draco grind, I am mr19, and had all the warframes in game. Right now I have atlas in the oven (finally, really didn't want to grind the parts...), and am missing nezha (and am in no rush for nezha). I have like 5 melee weapons to level in game right now: 2 assassin dropped, one removed from the game (machete), jaw sword(been procrastinating, its built, and the spear. Also, after insane building and buying of BPs, etcetera, I have just shy of 19mil credits. During these boosters I bought EVERY BP in game that can be bought with credits and just built everything I could. Then leveled it. I stopped selling weapons and just started buying slots. Sometimes(usually) I would get distracted (looking at you 5 forma tonkor, 6 forma wraith vipers...) and forma the crap outta a weapon or warframe. I'm actually pretty close to only having archwing left to grind (shudder)...

What I usually do is try to craft as many weapons as I can and wait for a double affinity weekend, then purchase a double affinity booster, and then level the s*** out of everything.

I find it less a pain in the butt this way if you mean to level stuff you're not interested in (or if you want to multi-forma something).

Then again, leveling past 12 is only useful if you want more daily syndicate rep.

Pretty much what everybody else says, sentinels & warframes gives more mastery than weapons, prioritize them well first.

Then build those items in foundry whenever you have the required resources. If not, go farm those resources while doing your daily normal farm.

Wait for double affinity weekend / buying double affinity booster in market, will help leveling the items at a faster rate.

Also take note to several weapons which is the requisite ingredient of another ones, keep those weapons to save further resources required for building them again, attached the table from wikia for your reference : 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons?file=Foundry_Tree.png 

You'd probably reached way beyond MR12 by this way, so unless you aim for maxed current MR rank, AW & clan weapons are not recommended (of course not including the weapons you like to use).

As a final note, dont push youreself too hard for leveling MR, you will eventually get there.

Just take it easy & dont get too bored with this.

Edited by SpryCrow

Pretty much what everybody else says, sentinels & warframes gives more mastery than weapons, prioritize them well first.

Then build those items in foundry whenever you have the required resources. If not, go farm those resources while doing your daily normal farm.

Wait for double affinity weekend / buying double affinity booster in market, will help leveling the items at a faster rate.

Also take note to several weapons which is the requisite ingredient of another ones, keep those weapons to save further resources required for building them again, attached the table from wikia for your reference :

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons?file=Foundry_Tree.png

You'd probably reached way beyond MR12 by this way, so unless you aim for maxed current MR rank, AW & clan weapons are not recommended (of course not including the weapons you like to use).

As a final note, dont push youreself too hard for leveling MR, you will eventually get there.

Just take it easy & dont get too bored with this.

Thanks for the advice man, but as an mmorpg the whole game is basically a grind :p I just want kewl weapons sooner

The best way to get Affinity (Mastery Rank) is through levelling Warframes and Sentinels. Maxing one Warframe/Sentinel will give you 900,000 Affinity/Mastery Rank points once it reaches level 30. Otherwise, weapons and Sentinal Weapons will only grant you 450,000 Affinity/Mastery Rank points once it reaches level 30. 

yeahno. Warframes and Sentinels give you 6,000 Mastery XP, 900,000 is enough for Mr 19...

I usually just build all I can, then take it to a spy mission with Ivara or Loki. For a flawless (no alarms triggered) vault it's 24k affinity with a booster, after about 4 runs any weapon you got should be 30.

Also, make sure if you're leveling a melee to i equip other weapons, all affinity is split between current weapons, so having one less weapon gives more to other equipped items.

For leveling frames, just run draco, ODD with friends or recruiting chat.

I generally only do that for weapons/forma gear cause I prefer my first time with a frame to level them the old fashioned way and learn the skill set

I Just hit 18 not too long ago - I personally was stuck at 6 for like 6 months and 9 for like 6 months and didn't really work on Mastery until the Sindicates came out and I had to get more Available Rep a day.   My Mods and Power were more important to me in the beginning.  

If I were you - I would spend alot of time right now working on your MODS and Polerizing your favorite frames so that your Maxed Mods will fit. In My own personal opinion - Becoming Powerful is way more important than becoming Masterful.