Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volk's Little Workshop: Vasiona Limbo

Volkovyi

Good Day Fellow Tenno,

I am opening this thread to keep track and archive my present work for TennoGen, and any designs in the future. If all goes well I plan on creating many skins for many things as I learn. As the current project changes I will be updating the title thread.

Vasiona Limbo: Complete

tumblr_onaf2ggwTl1rbe8a5o1_540.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_onaf2ggwTl1rbe8a5o4_1280.jpg

Incubus Ribbon Syndana: Complete

Our first entirely new model, 100% textured and tinted, this is a minimalist, elegant, yet bold Syndana alluding to the Incubus Loki set. It is still a standalone cosmetic compatible with the Tenno aesthetic.

tumblr_ojliq75yDG1rbe8a5o1_540.jpg

Incubus Loki Skin & Helmet Collaboration Pack: Complete

Introducing the Incubus Loki skin and helmet pack, collaboration with Syncrasis a.k.a. Kaz. 

The finest fashion for the one true trickster god, just be careful Tenno not to be seduced with power. 

Syncrasis is responsible for:_ Alternate Helmet design and sculpt, body sculpting. 
Volkovyi is responsible for:_ Skin concept art design, and texture painter, tint-masking. 

Pack includes: 1 Loki fully tinted skin, including tint-able metal. 1 matching Alt-Helm. Both skin and helmet are compatible with other Loki cosmetics

tumblr_ohfh7tVOoK1rbe8a5o1_540.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_ohfh7tVOoK1rbe8a5o2_540.jpg

tumblr_ohfh7tVOoK1rbe8a5o4_400.jpgtumblr_ohfh7tVOoK1rbe8a5o3_400.jpg

Drevni Chroma Skin: Complete

tumblr_od3y977cpo1rbe8a5o1_540.jpg

While working on the Vojnik Chroma, we've gotten inspiration for a new pattern which lead to the creation of an entirely new skin. Drevni, meaning ancient or pristine in Serbian, is an alternative scaled "elder" Chroma design inspired by various crocodilian and snake-like scales with a bold tint pattern.

Spoiler

tumblr_od3y977cpo1rbe8a5o2_540.jpg

tumblr_od3y977cpo1rbe8a5o4_400.jpgtumblr_od3y977cpo1rbe8a5o3_400.jpg

Chroma Vojnik Skin: Complete

tumblr_ob92gmMHko1rbe8a5o1_540.jpg

Our Progress so far on the Battle-Damaged Chroma Vojnik skin. (Vojnik pronounced more like voy-neek)

Spoiler

Presentational Images:

tumblr_ob92gmMHko1rbe8a5o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ob92gmMHko1rbe8a5o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ob92gmMHko1rbe8a5o4_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_ob4lk3Cry91rbe8a5o2_1280.pngtumblr_ob4lk3Cry91rbe8a5o3_1280.pngtumblr_ob4lk3Cry91rbe8a5o1_1280.pngtumblr_ob4lk3Cry91rbe8a5o4_1280.png tumblr_ob4lk3Cry91rbe8a5o5_1280.png

Vaal the Excalibur's Moda Skin: Paused

This Vaal's Moda skin for Excalibur, Moda loosely meaning 'Fashion' is our exploration of re-defining Excalibur's natural anatomy in a sort of ergonomic design. The final product will be compatible with all of Excalibur's vanilla helmets and other Tenno oriented accessories.

Right now we have some loose concept art, and diffuse maps to show. We are having a little bit of trouble around Excalibur's chest area, so that is to be determined.

Please keep in mind everything is subject to change. Stay tuned.

Spoiler

cRsS7A8.pngD06nxbo.png

This is so far work on the diffuse map only.

26abLeW.pngULaEsDp.png

p9gsjL2.png

Rhino Vojnik Skin: Complete

The Rhino Battle-Damaged Skin, under the series name of ‘Vojnik’ is complete and now uploaded to the Steam Workshop!

tumblr_o8zqgfWKxm1rbe8a5o1_1280.png

Spoiler

tumblr_o8zqgfWKxm1rbe8a5o3_1280.jpgtumblr_o8zqgfWKxm1rbe8a5o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o8zqgfWKxm1rbe8a5o4_1280.jpg

Work In Progress Shots

Spoiler

tumblr_o6yklwoMb01rbe8a5o2_400.pngtumblr_o6yklwoMb01rbe8a5o1_500.png

Update 6.2.16 ~

tumblr_inline_o847axdm4a1qmzi78_540.pngtumblr_inline_o847avodGe1qmzi78_540.png

tumblr_inline_o847b1DaKW1qmzi78_540.png

Update 6.8.16 ~

QffWmfs.png8w1av1Z.png7gyf2PM.pngiDxVxq1.pngFGJVWYU.png

Battle-Damage Frost on Steam: Complete

The Frost Battle-Damaged Skin, under the series name of ‘Vojnik’ is complete and now uploaded to the Steam Workshop!

tumblr_o5mx12ycKj1rbe8a5o1_1280.png

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_o1f4rtcQid1qmzi78_540.pngtumblr_inline_o1f4rvbFUT1qmzi78_540.png

Digital Camoflauge Variant:

tumblr_o5mx12ycKj1rbe8a5o4_1280.png

Other Colors:

hF3L9Kl.png5eLPZXW.png

Edited by Volkovyi

The symmetry on the helmet doesn't really do it any favors TBH.

As for the arms, it seems like they're supposed to have a separate texture file just for them (judging by the UV placement). I tried fixing it manually with what we have but it doesn't quite fit which is why I suspect they were properly separated at some point but the texture files provided for TennoGen don't reflect that for some reason.

Or maybe I'm just inept, either way the result has some ugly stretching at the edges even though the texture seems to fit alright (judging by the vent holes alone).
9vlK3Dv.png

The symmetry on the helmet doesn't really do it any favors TBH.

As for the arms, it seems like they're supposed to have a separate texture file just for them (judging by the UV placement). I tried fixing it manually with what we have but it doesn't quite fit which is why I suspect they were properly separated at some point but the texture files provided for TennoGen don't reflect that for some reason.

Or maybe I'm just inept, either way the result has some ugly stretching at the edges even though the texture seems to fit alright (judging by the vent holes alone).

9vlK3Dv.png

How did you move the texture around so that it fits? I would like to make this possible so that in the end I can make at least a clean presentational photo even though in the TennoGen viewer the seems are jagged and visible.

Also as far as symmetry goes, I am afraid I can not do anything for it....

How did you move the texture around so that it fits? I would like to make this possible so that in the end I can make at least a clean presentational photo even though in the TennoGen viewer the seems are jagged and visible.

Also as far as symmetry goes, I am afraid I can not do anything for it....

By editing the UV map of the model. You'd need an external modeling application such as Blender. Fixing this particular issue (as best as possible that is) shouldn't be too difficult.

4rXrZSW.jpg

prjs1Gn.jpg

For symmetry, true, you can't do anything about the fact that the texture is symmetrical, sadly the only way to work around it is to tone down the wear and tear to try and make the mirroring seem less apparent.

Edited by Artarrwen

By editing the UV map of the model. You'd need an external modeling application such as Blender. Fixing this particular issue (as best as possible that is) shouldn't be too difficult.

4rXrZSW.jpg

prjs1Gn.jpg

For symmetry, true, you can't do anything about the fact that the texture is symmetrical, sadly the only way to work around it is to tone down the wear and tear to try and make the mirroring seem less apparent.

I'm afraid if this can't be solved within TennoGen itself I am at a complete loss when it comes to UV manipulation. I do not know what programs those are you are using, or how that would even transfer over to the TennoGen viewer.

I will find a way though when everything is said and done.

I'm somewhat surprised that you've decided to make a damaged warframe skin considering that you could probably make something very close to your Frost Prime visual update concept as a skin instead. (Just look at the frost hailstorm skin). You could add more metal and/or detail to frost's arm vents, cover Frost's knee peaks with textured metal, add new details to Frost's chest (which would make him look so much better) that resemble a collar like your concept, add more metal to frost's back/neck pack, and whatever else your visual update specified.

I'm somewhat surprised that you've decided to make a damaged warframe skin considering that you could probably make something very close to your Frost Prime visual update concept as a skin instead. (Just look at the frost hailstorm skin). You could add more metal and/or detail to frost's arm vents, cover Frost's knee peaks with textured metal, add new details to Frost's chest (which would make him look so much better) that resemble a collar like your concept, add more metal to frost's back/neck pack, and whatever else your visual update specified.

While I somewhat agree with you, I don't see why Volk can't pursue his artistic drive. If he feels like making one, I think we should let him roll with it.

And nothing says he can't make both!

While I somewhat agree with you, I don't see why Volk can't pursue his artistic drive. If he feels like making one, I think we should let him roll with it.

And nothing says he can't make both!

While I thank you both kindly for your support, I must say if model alteration is allowed then I would be doing it. The Frost Prime concept requires the addition of new pieces of armor to be fused with the existing model, which currently can not be done inside of TennoGen which only allows for manipulation of skins. I would want the Frost Prime concept to be done right, and mimicking it's designs on a flat surface, even with normal maps, would not entirely do it justice.

However, this is not to say that perhaps if in the future the TennoGen Workshop expands to include armor alterations or even full body skins, I will absolutely think of creating the concept in full!

Or, perhaps as of right now after the Battle Damaged skin, I may create another "psuedo Prime" skin for Frost that could very well fullfill the same function but under a more friendly design with the current limits we have.

• 2 weeks later...

We finished the Vojnik Frost skin, and added some preview screenshots. However we are unable to upload the final product to Steam just yet, until early next week preferably Monday! Next we will be working on a Zephyr Skin hopefully before Round 2 voting.

However my intent to create an artistic skin for Zephyr for the Workship still stands.

Well that's good to hear, I can't wait to see how you're gonna paint the birdy. Although its kinda saddening to see they didn't go with the OG Zephyr concept of yours for the official deluxe skin.

can we just get a frost skin without the tie? like this is sick and all... i would probably not spend my money on it because i love the prime frost so much, but i know others would because it looks great.... but the tie... i hate it lol

We Content Creators only have free reign to manipulate the maps, the textures themselves on the given model. Frost's tie is part of his model, and we can not manipulate the model's geometry in the slightest. I am afraid you, and other supporters who ask us to make a full body Arcane Zephyr deluxe skin, seriously overestimate the technical capabilities we are allowed in TennoGen. However should they allow the creation of deluxe skins in the future, then and only then might we take it into serious consideration. Right now we are only allowed helmets, and syndanas, when it comes to new model creation.

• 2 months later...

With our technical difficulties regarding Steam out of the way, we have finally uploaded the complete Frost Vojnik skin and its accompanying variant to the Workshop! You can view it here if you are so inclined, and in the OP above - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=665327123

P.S. The new Forum layout seems to have disrupted the Spoiler dividends on the original post, the Spoilers can not close or be clicked on. Does someone perhaps know how to fix the spoiler issue?

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Evanescent said:

I hope you'll get around to doing one for chroma, and excalibur some day!

Imagine a damaged Atlas.

HNGGGGGG

Our hopes are to make Vojnik skins for every Warframe available, it will be done! We just need time. After Rhino, Valkyr is next in line!

On 1/6/2016 at 3:20 PM, Volkovyi said:

Good Day Fellow Tenno,

I am opening this thread to keep track and archive my present work for TennoGen, and any designs in the future. If all goes well I plan on creating many skins for many things as I learn. As the current project changes I will be updating the title thread.

Vaal the Excalibur's Moda Skin: Paused

This Vaal's Moda skin for Excalibur, Moda loosely meaning 'Fashion' is our exploration of re-defining Excalibur's natural anatomy in a sort of ergonomic design. The final product will be compatible with all of Excalibur's vanilla helmets and other Tenno oriented accessories.

Right now we have some loose concept art, and diffuse maps to show. We are having a little bit of trouble around Excalibur's chest area, so that is to be determined.

Please keep in mind everything is subject to change. Stay tuned.

Hide contents

cRsS7A8.pngD06nxbo.png

This is so far work on the diffuse map only.

26abLeW.pngULaEsDp.png

p9gsjL2.png

Rhino Vojnik Skin: Work In Progress

In the event we have reached a creative blockage, or better said an "artist's block" with the Excalibur skin, we decided to move onto continuing the Vojnik series and begun work on a Rhino Vojnik skin. This skin will be a battle-damaged Rhino, with some added unique details in comparison to the vanilla version, and should be compatible with all vanilla Rhino helmets.

For now we have some Work In Progress screenshots of some back details, including some chords and wires.

Hide contents

tumblr_o6yklwoMb01rbe8a5o2_400.pngtumblr_o6yklwoMb01rbe8a5o1_500.png

Update 6.2.16 ~

tumblr_inline_o847axdm4a1qmzi78_540.pngtumblr_inline_o847avodGe1qmzi78_540.png

tumblr_inline_o847b1DaKW1qmzi78_540.png

Update 6.8.16 ~

QffWmfs.png8w1av1Z.png7gyf2PM.pngiDxVxq1.pngFGJVWYU.png

Battle-Damage Frost on Steam: Complete

The Frost Battle-Damaged Skin, under the series name of ‘Vojnik’ is complete and now uploaded to the Steam Workshop!

tumblr_o5mx12ycKj1rbe8a5o1_1280.png

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_inline_o1f4rtcQid1qmzi78_540.pngtumblr_inline_o1f4rvbFUT1qmzi78_540.png

Digital Camoflauge Variant:

tumblr_o5mx12ycKj1rbe8a5o4_1280.png

Other Colors:

hF3L9Kl.png5eLPZXW.png

Nice vojnik (soldier) work... all you need for the new frame is to enlist a little more  burned and destroyed detail on armor....so it to looks a little darker and to see more changes on them :smile:  and kip up the amazing work :cool: 

Edited by Vlada91