Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Bsod When Playing Warframe

HuAreU

Hi, my friend has been getting bsod when playing warframe. Tried reformatting, graphics driver is latest. Still got bsod. Memtest has no errors as well.

His specs is

AMD FX 8150

ASUS M5A97 Pro

GTX670

Hi, my friend has been getting bsod when playing warframe. Tried reformatting, graphics driver is latest. Still got bsod. Memtest has no errors as well.

His specs is

AMD FX 8150

ASUS M5A97 Pro

GTX670

Hi HuAreU, has your friend tried clearing the download cache (via. the cog wheel on the launcher), or completely reinstalling the game? If it's something that has only started occurring since the most recent update then it could potentially have something to do with the install process. 

Alternatively, they might want to try updating their motherboard's BIOS.

(for your friend:)
1. Visit the support page of your motherboard manufacturers website.
2. Search for your motherboard model.
3. Download the latest BIOS for your motherboard.
4. DO NOT EVER SHUT DOWN THE PC WHILE THE BIOS IS BEING UPDATED.
5. Restart your computer or allow the update to restart it for you.
6. You will need to set your BIOS back to default, and any overclock settings or boot order as well.
--- (Note: If this crash started happening after you upgraded your BIOS then you may want to consider downgrading it to the most recently functioning version)

They may also want to take a look at their event viewer and see if anything corresponds with the shut downs. There could be something happening under the hood that is conflicting with Warframe. (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-vista/open-event-viewer)

The issue could also be related to the heat of their system, so it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on the temperatures while they are running Warframe and see if anything coincides with the crashes that appear in the event log.

Before update 8 came out, he didnt have BSOD. So probably it is due to the latest update? He tried reinstalling already. Reinstall with steam, and downloading off warframe website without using steam. There's still BSOD. I will look at his event viewer later on and update here. Thanks.

He took one picture of the BSOD, b89v05.jpg

maybe he should try some older nVidia GPU driver ?

just clean installation of GPU and PhysX driver without installing nVidia driver updater

don't overclock GPU?

update motherboard chipset driver?

also sometimes Windows updates/fixes can cause BSOD

Edited by trasha

Updated bios , still got crash and BSOD. Didnt overclock GPU. Everything is stock. The latest BSOD shows dxgmms1.sys which caused the error. I tried installing the directx for him, but warframe crashed. Maybe later on i shall ask him to try again. If he get another BSOD, i might ask him to install older nvidia gpu driver. Is there any recommendation of which version of nvidia driver should i use? and where can i find it.

I dont think i updated his chipset. Couldn't find the file to flash the driver in EZ Flash. And i will try to check the voltage later on when he is online. Using HardwareMonitor, is it alright?

I'd suggest running multiple passes of memtest and/or testing each memory module individually. The BSODs are pointing to different files as the causes, which usually indicates memory corruption, rather than corrupt files all over the system.

however the most common bsod is caused by ntoskrnl.exe. maybe i will try it when i am free. but when i did memtest, it passed. but i only did it for one pass. i will try all these methods for him when i can. and update it here. thanks for all the help i am receiving.

by the way, i tried installing the directx for him. asked him to end process of steam and skype. by doing so, he is able to play for a few games without bsod. however he kept crashing. after about 5rounds(?), including all those crashes, he got bsod. maybe i will ask him to send me his dmp files to see.