The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Prime Is The Best!

Codesco

Question

Im in love with mag prime, why does everyone hate her? I just dont get why everyone hates on all of her ability's. All.All of them are useful. Pull is decent for crowd controlling. She can pull things to her and they rag doll on the ground. Shield polarize, im on love, the augment mod makes it even better (Mag gains %50 shields from shields taken from enemies). Bullet Attractor is something that i dont mod for, it is decent when you have a high damaging weapon and you keep missing shots on bosses or something. I can usually 1 shot lynx in t4 MD and other bosses by using bullet attractor with tonkor. Crush is great, its not the best thing ever but with the augment mod fracturing crush it reduces Armour by %50 and makes them immobilized for 7 seconds. Mag prime is my go to frame for any mission with any faction almost. Corpus she is super effective against, with grineer and infested instead of the augment for shield polarize i run a vigor instead. 

18 answers to this question

She's good.She just doesn't preform to the level of other frames.Well,that's just my opinion.

With no shield mods i can get 1700 shields with polarize, i run all strength , range, and efficiency.  also two augment mods. Then with crush its great in late game for the Armour reduction 

With no shield mods i can get 1700 shields with polarize, i run all strength , range, and efficiency.  also two augment mods. Then with crush its great in late game for the Armour reduction

I have nothing against mag,I loved and all.She's the best corpus slayer.But mag has been nerfed a lot which kinda ruins her.She used to pull everything around her with the specific range when you use pull,but now,She only pulls anything on her sight.

With no shield mods i can get 1700 shields with polarize, i run all strength , range, and efficiency. also two augment mods. Then with crush its great in late game for the Armour reduction

Which is affected by duration which no one uses duration on Mag as only 1 ability without augment promotes duration

And that ability aint that great.

She is very geared towards corpus. Anything she can someone can do better except shield polarize. Which only works on corpus and the void.

You can still be downed during the animation of crush so I mostly see her spam pull and sheild polarize. Then occasionally crush if you need a revive.

She feels lackluster if anything. You typically don't see people asking for Mag (anymore) because other frames exist that can fill the niche.

Why bring mag when you can CC with Nova over a huge distance over time.

Armor reduction? Frost does that innately and has his bubble (or bring CP).

I really ony use Mag during corpus because I can have more fun using someone else in other missions. She is good but rarely do I have "fun" her 2 is basically a press button to win. Id rather work for my kills.

I watched an equinox fight their heart out in a Sortie. As a Mag I still got my kills, damage, and took less damage by sitting at the pod and meditating.

Edited by Anatolius

I don't know about best, but she can be quite good.

She was my first prime warframe and is still in the rotation. Since she's kryptonite for corpus, she generally gets the nod for any serious corpus run where defense of objectives is on the menu (Mirage is still hard to beat for run'n'gun on corpus).

She has her place and fills it quite well.

Because she is not balanced. She is completely over powered vs the corpus and somewhat useful vs the rest of the field. Had a guy call my Mag a cancer last night during a Triton run because I was not letting them kill anything. I guess I see the point.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

Because she is not balanced. She is completely over powered vs the corpus and somewhat useful vs the rest of the field. Had a guy call my Mag a cancer last night during a Triton run because I was not letting them kill anything. I guess I see the point.

How is mag cancer, its not her fault that mag is great against corpus lol

Mag is, without doubt, the best in corpus missions. She even shines more on corpus sortie missions.

But other than that, Mag is not that common in the majority of the Warframe community.

Maybe her abilities are not too effective compared to other frames.

Which IMO is a shame, hopes she got a rework some day. 

I totally agree with you Codesco I love mag prime she is n always has been one of my favorite frames. I think she is more well rounded then people think because of fracturing crush. I have a build I use w/o any problems against the grineer of a secura Penta, glaive prime, n life strike furis. When I get people trash talking my mag saying, "yeah but I bet you can't do it against the grineer."

So I show her she decimates the grineer as well lol. The only faction I typically don't bring her in is infested, but she can still compete against them in my opinion.

I totally agree with you Codesco I love mag prime she is n always has been one of my favorite frames. I think she is more well rounded then people think because of fracturing crush. I have a build I use w/o any problems against the grineer of a secura Penta, glaive prime, n life strike furis. When I get people trash talking my mag saying, "yeah but I bet you can't do it against the grineer."

So I show her she decimates the grineer as well lol. The only faction I typically don't bring her in is infested, but she can still compete against them in my opinion.

Just use fracturing crush and a butt ton of range with it so they cant move