The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Knave Bundle /hunhow's Gift ... Opinions

ThorienKELL

Question

I'm considering buying some cosmetic pack. Plat is not a problem. 

For now I've got excal's proto armor and pendragon helmet, with salyx syndana he now looks just awesome. Nekros stance too. I have edo armor, prisma edo and iliac set, they all are good fit some frames more then others but generally I'm quite satisfied with all this. 

Wasn't big fan of knave looks, but i saw it colored nicely in some YT channel, he's ... not horrible but imo not much better then standard loki, if at all. Saw clanmate yesterday wearing special loki armor on normal loki prime, I lol'ed because he bought whole bundle and didn't want to use reskin. 

Hunhow's gift .. I'm not too sure. Armor looks OK I guess but now jawdropingly "omg must have this" good imo. Kubrosw i don't use, war will drop sooner or later, so I'm not entirely convinced I want this. I've watched YT vids, armor is so-so, only thing i really dig is syndana. Quite awesome but for that price ...?

for other stuff, rhino skin is awesome, but I don't use rhino at all. Saryn skin is good but I don't use her too much, with her skill rework she has been pushed more to niche usage, she's still good but only on certain maps /mission types. For valkyir, same thing, I don't use her too much. 

So, any advice, especially from guys who got something of this, were you disappointed, what did you like most ... basically I'm asking you to help me spend my plat :)

9 answers to this question

My way of thinking is basically similar to yours, I only buy a skin for the frames I use most, with some exceptions. I bought Saryn's Orchid skin because I like playing with her from the moment I got her, not sure why, but she seems to connect to me, plus, both her and the skin have advanced dynamics and I really can appreciate that kind of tech.

I bought Nyx Nemesis for "human social" reasons, she was my very first Prime, she was the one doing Second Dream (along with many missions and quests before that), so she deserved new clothes. Some ppl don't like it bc she looks less of a woman, but to me she looks like a female warrior (muscled, but still slender).

I might buy Gersemi, not because I play a lot of Valkyr, but I really don't like how she looks now, and her immortal skin is a joke, not really that different from the normal skin. I happen to be on of those guys that enjoy something better when it looks good (in my taste). Same goes for Rhino Palatine, I might play him more when I have him in that armor.

You (like me) can wait until deluxe skins come for stuff you actually use. Trinity is a frame I use a lot for example along with Frost, so I'll just wait for those.

As for Knave skin, I fully agree, it doesn't look bad but isn't the "wow amazing" I expect from a deluxe skin (see Saryn) :/

I got both for quite a lot reasons:

Hunhow's gift bundle has a decent armor ( I like chest and leg parts, but shoulders are not that great ), Kubrow armor ( meh, I would rather want cheaper bundle with no armor ), Scimitar skin ( Does look nice, but I am not spending 150 plat for a ship that is a glorified loading screen ), Syandana does look nice but lighter colors look a bit odd and War, well as soon as I found out you can't have both broken war and war as a free player I bought the bundle.

Loki's bundle: Skin ( does look nice, I would say looks better than Loki prime, I am just not a fan of bulky and overdesigned stuff ), The armor set ( Shoulders look nice on couple of frames not all of them, and leg armor looks pretty good on most of frames, chest is a waste and look awful, also light colors are bleeding a lot and you cant see details and also in order to have a decent looking white armor you need to use gray colors ), Scimitar skin ( same thing as I have to say about Hunhow's ), and for weapon skins I used my kamas for dual raza's when I had to craft them and still don't have prime version ( from the look of it they look nice, but no details on their coloring etc ).

Is it worth to spend all that plat on two bundles? Probably not, but Since I have some platinum in stock from all the trades I thought I would treat my self a bit, but I am sure I wont spend plat on Trinity or Banshee skin if they don't have some amazing stuff in their bundles.

Other than that I have Proto Excal skin ( I do use Excal qute a lot even before his Exalted blade revision I had some fun )

Nyx Nemesis ( She looks like a badass now, and I felt same way with loki prime looks so I had to buy it and ofc she is also one of my most used frames ),

I got Valkyr skin from a giveaway ( She does look neat, not a fan of tail, but other than that I don't use her that much )

I purchased Saryn skin ( not in a bundle ), only the last day because of the timed exclusive thing ( looks good, not a fan of flowers, and probably wouldn't have bought it if it was a permanent skin at that time since I don't play with her ).

Havent bought rhino skin, I got Loki because I do play a lot with him too. Trinity's prime design I don't like, but then again I don't like the premium skin either so I may skip. Banshee looks neat, but barely use her...

Oh god, sorry for the wall of text.

Edited by Ognj

Gersemi's definitely worth it.  I don't play Valk much either, but it was painful to look at her - great job on the tortured part DE.  I'm not a huge fan of the Gersemi helmet (that mouth) but the rest of it is a massive improvement, and, while she's still pretty much only pulled out when I need to use a Decaying Key on vault runs, I actually really enjoy her aesthetics now.

I know you didn't mention it in your OP, but how's your color pallet collection?  Oh, and War requires Broken War to build, so until they stick Broken War in a sortie reward pool, Gift is the only way to have both weapons at the same time.

I know you didn't mention it in your OP, but how's your color pallet collection?

I have saturated, tenno, haloween and twilight. If you have anything else to recommend, I'll consider. 

For hunhow I just want those legs, maybe the sydana. Those are the only things that look good in that pack, those arms, uggh

ikr?

My way of thinking is basically similar to yours, I only buy a skin for the frames I use most, with some exceptions.

Still waiting for ember skin.

If I had to pick just one...

Basically, I don't have to pick at all, i can get all and still have few thousand plats left, that is probably exactly what I will do ultimately. Because I already got all frames, most of weapons /all good ones, all mods I want, all builds functional, proper syndicate mods, legendary cores I needed, everything I like is potatoed ... not much left to spend on really.

Oh for the end, what do you say on mantis and the other landing craft, is interior different when buy them? Would be cool but I don't think so. I've saw healing station sometimes dropped on draco, that does look cool but how useful it really is? 

And ty all for your input. I'll report later of how I liked the packs. 

Orokin and Lotus are the next on my list.  Ton of plat to burn?  Have a full stack of Arcane fury yet? XD

I have some crazy rule that things I can farm I usually never buy. And rare things are overpriced anyway, 1,5-2K of plat for full stack of avenger is way, way more then thing really is worth. Still I bought several trickeries - 30p per piece is not much and I have some ideas to incorporate this in few builds. 

OK now about Knave Set - more or less exactly what I have expected, pretty solid, somewhere from OK to good for skin, hulta armos is ok, this is my loki in native greenish combo;

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/543048106408363411/790CE5D8C9B61A5657C33670C8EA2D1020E51478/

This is how Hulta looks on ivara

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/543048106412001142/B735249C639413A9CD6574EC6E673F1E13A545C9/

This on nova

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/543048106412000376/34A76354AD5870DA4582693CF0D96673015DD376/

Overall nice armor on some frames for sure.

Now I'm glad to say that Hunhow's exceeded my expectations a lot. All parts of set look extremely detailed, arms /leg armor is somewhat peculiar and it won't fit to any taste however chest and syndana look truly spectacular, best looking pieces in game hands down. On some frames, truly jawdropping looks;

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/543048106408999078/6CF17DD1BFDFF0CE85065C6EF920D898C5232BCA/

anyway, if you have 1K plat to burn, why not.