The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Weapon Loadouts?

Alhawk

Question

I want to pick up Saryn again, I haven't played her since her rework and she seems really fun!
My only problem is I cant find good a good load-out that works well with her kit.

My current loadout is: 
Primary: Tonkor
Secondary: Sonicor

Melee: Tipdeo

My current load-out is a bit wonky to try and make it work with Saryn haha.

The Load-out I want to go for is:
Primary: Flux rifle (or maybe Strun Wraith)

Secondary:?  (preferably high statues chace. Maybe Tysis?)

Melee: Scoliac

I mostly want to stick to pretty accurate weapons so I can pop my zit poison with ease.

What load-outs do you guys use on Saryn?

Also, How do you mod your elemental damage on your weapons with Saryn? Do you just put viral on all of your weapons?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Alhawk

12 answers to this question

I go with a mara detron for the radiation since you will already get viral from spores.

\Scoliac is great for the range and melee attacks make the spores pop anyway.

Braton prime with corrosive and maxed slash damage has been doing fine for me.

Edit: Usually I go with a gas build on the Scoliac to keep with it's infested theme. Helps at least a bit with the halved hit points.

Not a great idea to go full viral on all weapons since viral doesn't stack. Pop one spore and watch the entire room get a viral proc in no time.

Edited by OverlordMcGeek

I mostly want to stick to pretty accurate weapons so I can pop my zit poison with ease.

What load-outs do you guys use on Saryn?

Primary: Shotgun

Secondary: A fast pair of Automatic pistols (something like a Dex Furis)

Melee: Well, that's optional to you.

As for detailed information, I can't give you that because I don't use Saryn or Shotguns xD

I prefer taking Grinlok, AkStilettos.

Both IMO are fun, accurate and have high status chance.

I usually stick with Toxic because spores produce viral procs, and use Viral on melee because well... that's just what I usually use on melee and Toxic Lash has 100% Toxic proc.

Edited by AXCrusnik

I prefer either a shotgun or a bullet hose primary for popping spores. For a secondary, same thing, but if you picked a shotgun primary, go bullet hose secondary, or vice versa. For melee, I prefer something with a long reach, like the Orthos Prime for popping spores. Use some different elements (going viral is ok for Grineer, but only for those instances where there is one enemy and it's not really worth tagging him with a spore. Otherwise, just use radiation or corrosive) so you can stack dots/confusion/whatever on enemies.

well if you want just pop the spores, its easy, they pop very easy; i go with hikou prime and concealed explosives (its that the name) moded for gas,

primary if you still wnat to keep poping spores any weapon that can use the mod that make explote enemies at die (dont remember the name) i use quanta, ignis is fine too

sorry for my bad english

well if you want just pop the spores, its easy, they pop very easy; i go with hikou prime and concealed explosives (its that the name) moded for gas,

primary if you still wnat to keep poping spores any weapon that can use the mod that make explote enemies at die (dont remember the name) i use quanta, ignis is fine too

sorry for my bad english

Maybe a Phage with Combustion Beam. That would be awesome.

Any shotgun or beam weapon (preferably with punch-through) is a great compliment to her Spores. A Gas or Viral Ignis built for status chance compliments her Miasma as well. Secondaries aren't much different, although the Acrid and Tysis are definitely worth trying. Not sure about melee though, as I prefer to just shoot the Spores from a safe distance rather than run with Toxic Lash.

I've been an adamant Saryn main. I could tell you some useful tips.

Generally, you would want to pop spores on your enemy before they die, or else the spread will happen at a decreased range. The spore can also carry a toxin status that is currently on the first enemy to other enemies when it spreads, so it helps to place a toxin status on the initial enemy.

Toxic Flight helps initiate toxin procs but that's an expensive option. Torid is great provided you are playing a long-duration mission that allows you to be stationary for extended periods. The Sonicor is a fine tool to help spread spores, but Acrid can help place initial toxin procs. Your melee weapon could be anything, but if staying with toxic elements, Dual Ichors and Serro can help you place toxin procs with the right modding.

Because Saryn draws from all power attributes, there's really only one way to mod her but you can shift her focus a bit. You can apply more damage, more efficiency, or more duration, which works as a balance of damage and efficiency, but is balanced by fewer casts and sometimes smaller range.

Saryn is a very complex Warframe and since her balance pass has been overshadowed by specialized damage and debuff frames. However, Saryn is a decent generalist that has parallels to Oberon and Volt.

Explosive weapons that don't have a direct impact with physical projectile will hit any random location on the enemy body. If the killing blow does not land on a spore, you get reduced spread distance. It may even be reduced if the hit lands on a spore. The ability has always had undependable detection, hence why the developers decided to implement guaranteed spread on death of enemy, with the caveat of reduced distance.