Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyxs Everywhere. I Call Upon Ye.

I picked up nyx when Phroid was actuality a hard boss, she looked pretty cool and her skills were pretty interesting to mess up with.

Kind of a golden medal warframe, something to brag about or not. The point is that, winning it by myself made me proud at the time.

Now days, i keep her because it is a warframe i have grown attached to and actuality think it is one of the coolest looking ones.

I didn't say anything about copying lel

Read the post

You must

You said Nyx is like Loki, but female. Only way that's possible is Loki's Irradiating Disarm with making enemies whack each other like Nyx's Chaos. Chaos came before Loki was able to mind rape enemies. Physically they look nothing alike. So, what is being missed here?

chaos and absorb, that 50 armour doesn't matter if used these right, from weak to strong survivality.....also nyx prime being the best looking warframe for me, i adore her and that beautiful helmet (don't know why ppl hate it )......would definitely like a figurine of her.

You said Nyx is like Loki, but female. Only way that's possible is Loki's Irradiating Disarm with making enemies whack each other like Nyx's Chaos. Chaos came before Loki was able to mind rape enemies. Physically they look nothing alike. So, what is being missed here?

Yes she is a female.

I said "like loki" not "copy loki"

Copy is like the exact same thing.

Understand you must

As a rolling joke with my clanmates I have always called Nyx my Baby Boo. haha. I haven't played her as much lately simply for the MR leveling reasons but, I always go back to her. She is such a CC machine and mind freak is just amazing. She is well balanced and regardless of the mission and lvl she never fails me. Oh cant forget. That Prime is so awesome looking. Love it

I'm starting to use Nyx a little more, and it is kind of fun, though unless I'm with a team and we need Chaos CC, I only use her 1 and 4. mind-controlling the heaviest units (bombards) and getting them to draw aggro, or getting close and using Absorb. she's a good frame, though she isn't my favourite.

Yes she is a female.

I said "like loki" not "copy loki"

Copy is like the exact same thing.

Understand you must

It's you not understanding... She came FIRST. She can't be like Loki because Loki's upgrade came after she already existed. So, yes, Loki copied Nyx, or if you would like, Loki is like Nyx. There is a distinguishable difference in meaning between Nyx is like Loki and Loki is like Nyx. Get it? Edited by (PS4)FunyFlyBoy

It's you not understanding... She came FIRST. She can't be like Loki because Loki's upgrade came after she already existed. So, yes, Loki copied Nyx, or if you would like, Loki is like Nyx. Their is a distinguishable difference in meaning between Nyx is like Loki and Loki is like Nyx. Get it?

Let's say this....

Some food, foodA tastes like chciken, it also implies chicken tastes like foodA. These statements do not determine which came first, chicken or foodA, but merely setup a relation of taste between themselves.

I think you may be taking offense to the Loki is like nyx statement, otherwise this would be trivial.

That being said, Loki tried to copy nyx, but fell quite short of it. ;)

Let's say this....

Some food, foodA tastes like chciken, it also implies chicken tastes like foodA. These statements do not determine which came first, chicken or foodA, but merely setup a relation of taste between themselves.

I think you may be taking offense to the Loki is like nyx statement, otherwise this would be trivial.

That being said, Loki tried to copy nyx, but fell quite short of it. ;)

Your presumption of what I am hung up on and your example is off the mark. A closer representation of what I am speaking on would be akin to the personality similarities between parent and child. They are unique yet the child (Loki) will exhibit traits similar to the parent (Nyx). This trait in this regard being battlefield chaos. You wouldn't say the parent is like the child because the parent didn't have this trait imparted to them from the child, it was the reverse. I am offended not by the mention of Loki, I never cared for this communities XYZ is better meta nonsense, I am offended by the incorrect use of precedence grammatically. Offended by a grammatical incorrect fact. Loki is like Nyx because Nyx is first to appear with mass mind control, Loki is second. Accurate order of events.

She's easy to mod (Duration and Range. Done.) and downright stupid in horde modes like defense and interception. In many cases I still prefer Vauban or Frost for those gamemodes but if it's something easy like Dark Sector Defense or the regular star map I usually bring Nyx along. Nyx Prime's prime passive is also nice in stuff like Void Survival.

Your presumption of what I am hung up on and your example is off the mark. A closer representation of what I am speaking on would be akin to the personality similarities between parent and child. They are unique yet the child (Loki) will exhibit traits similar to the parent (Nyx). This trait in this regard being battlefield chaos. You wouldn't say the parent is like the child because the parent didn't have this trait imparted to them from the child, it was the reverse. I am offended not by the mention of Loki, I never cared for this communities XYZ is better meta nonsense, I am offended by the incorrect use of precedence grammatically. Offended by a grammatical incorrect fact. Loki is like Nyx because Nyx is first to appear with mass mind control, Loki is second. Accurate order of events.

Unfortunately, like does not contain a precedence. It merely shows similarity in a trait. Ironically, I just gave you the benefit of the doubt and thought I was crazy. It appears that I am not. If you would be so kind to observe the following link and inform me where there is a precedence relationship within the definition of like, I would greatly appreciate it....

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/like

As you can see, in the context used, it is merely showing a similar trait. Now, in your parent child example, there are other connotations and undertones present, but you could easily say my behavior is like my son's (which would imply negative things as I would have a behavior trait of a 3 year old) and be 100% grammatically correct.

Also, my apologies about the whole hung up thing. I did not intend to offend you. It was merely said in jest. You appear to be using a different definition of like, while the poster and I are merely using the literal textbook definition of like.

Either way, this bickering over the word like is trivial. It does not matter who came first, but who is better at the job of turning enemies against each other, and we all know that would be nyx.

Edited by BlueFalcon13