The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Ancient Disruptors

UndeadLichKing

Question

So not only do these mass of tentacles drain energy and provide an energy-drain attack aura for its allies, it also does some other stuff as well (tested with each frame by myself in Simulacrum). I have listed things here that were not explicitly stated in the wiki (unless that line where it states that it reduces radial and power damage implies the following, then it really should have a more comprehensive list that includes crowd control powers). As such, I won't delve too much into power damage reduction, magnetic procs, or energy drain based attacks.

Here is the list of powers that I noticed were negatively affected by the presence of at least one Ancient Disruptor (effects usually become exponentially worse in the presence of multiple Ancient Disruptors):

-Atlas: Petrify (will not work if 2 Ancient Disruptors are next to each other; one Disruptor will only remain stoned for a fraction of total duration)

-Frost: Freeze (same as Petrify, but the Ice proc remains unchanged)

-Frost (again): Snow Globe (less time spent frozen if you cast it directly on them; they also have a tendency to glitch through the floor of the Simulacrum while frozen due to initial casting of Snow Globe)

-Hydroid: Undertow (a single Ancient Disruptor will make those within its aura completely immune to Undertow after submerging for some seconds, but only for that instance of it and only for those who submerged; more Disruptors will severely decrease time spent in Undertow)

-Limbo: Banish (more Disruptors in Rift actually lowers their total time spent to a few seconds; has no effect on other powers)

-Nekros: Terrify (Ancient Disruptors themselves appear to be immune to this while those under its effects can recover faster than normal)

-Nova: Molecular Prime (more Ancient Disruptors = less time being primed; priming stopped being effective after 6 Ancient Disruptor auras)

-Nyx: Mind Control (those affected by its aura are still subject to its full duration, except for Ancient Disruptors; reduces duration down to 25% of usual time; the presence of other Disruptors do not influence this any further)

-Nyx (again): Chaos (as usual, more Ancient Disruptors lowers the overall effective duration; 3 or more Ancient Disruptors basically turns this power into a stagger)

-Rhino: Rhino Stomp (not quite as affected by the slow debuff; multiple Disruptors makes Rhino Stomp lose its slow debuff, but the duration will still show the same amount of time left)

-Trinity: Well of Life (interestingly, Energy Vampire works normally)

-Vauban: Bastille (somewhat inconsistent; they are either affected by it or completely immune to it or is unable to decide and become stuck "jumping" up and down)

-Vauban (again): Vortex (like Bastille, duration is not affected but it lost its crowd control functionality in their presence; somewhat inconsistent as well)

-Zephyr: Tornado (1 or 2 Disruptors make them fly up in the initial cast or exposure to it, but are then immune to further ragdoll effects on the same cast; 3 or more Disruptors make those around them completely unaffected by its forced ragdoll effect, initial or not)

As a side note, those who have the Ancient Disruptor's aura also possess the similar attributes. Any power not listed here should work normally when used on them, with the exception of power damage being lower (e.g. Excalibur's Radial Blind, Frost's Avalanche, Nezha's Divine Spears, etc. all work as they should)

All these crowd control limitations and power damage reduction, not to even mention the energy drain attacks, seem to be overpowered, but in practice is not all that bad. Chances are that you are probably killing everything not-Tenno to begin with, so you might not really notice these negative effects unless you just happened see one of the powers listed above not working correctly, which I did on a few occasions (before proper testing). It can be inconvenient to be completely drained of energy (and getting Magnetic proc), but its just a minor annoyance when there are several ways to restore energy (including energy pads).

Finally, although not really a discovery, wiki, at the time of this post, states that while Valkyr is immune to the eximus energy drains in Hysteria, the energy drains from attacks of those under Ancient Disruptor's aura (or the actual Ancient Disruptor) will still affect her, but I have yet to experience this (I have tried going against 20 Ancient Disruptors as well as 10 of them along with 10 Chargers under their aura to test this, all level 95 although I doubt level has much of an effect on this). Several tests gave the same results. This might have been the case before Hysteria's rework, when it was a duration based power instead of a toggle. Since it is a toggle now, it also shares the same properties as the other toggles, outside energy drain included.

Feel free to comment and/or contribute. I do apologize for this mountain wall of text. If there exists an older topic that covered this info, I apologize in advance as well (I searched around for anything related to Ancient Disruptors, but could not find anything that had this much detail). To brighten up the mood, have a screenshot of Ancient Disruptors stuck in hell Bounce Pads.

udza88d.jpg

EDIT: I created the blog post as suggested. You can find it here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:UndeadLichKing/Ancient_Disruptors_and_Crowd_Control_Abilities

It is more detailed than the one here. 

Edited by UndeadLichKing

6 answers to this question

(unless that line where it states that it reduces radial and power damage implies the following, then it really should have a more comprehensive list that includes crowd control powers).

the Wiki Article does not specifically list out every single Ability in the game that applies a Duration Effect and notes that it is reduced because it's a giant eyesore to have and would make the article extremely long for no good reason.

Abilities that apply a Duration Effect of some sort are reduced in Duration. that's pretty much all you need to know about that facet.

if you think it should explain more, feel free to expand it, just proof read your words to make sure what you wrote makes sense when you read it again, and don't add giant lists of things that can be explained in one or two sentences.

you could create a sub Article if you really want and link to it on the Disruptor Article(as an inline link for more information about that facet * ) if you really want to list out every single Ability and denote the change when using neutral Duration Stats and Power Stats.

that way it's on it's own page but can be easily found.

*: such as, the specific words that denote that Abilities are reduced, choose a few key words and put a link to your special article there for users to access.

Edited by taiiat

you could create a sub Article if you really want and link to it on the Disruptor Article(as an inline link for more information about that facet * ) if you really want to list out every single Ability and denote the change when using neutral Duration Stats and Power Stats.

that way it's on it's own page but can be easily found.

Well, I made a blog post. Not sure if its the same thing. I included the link in the edit on my first post. For those who don't feel like scrolling back up to get it: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:UndeadLichKing/Ancient_Disruptors_and_Crowd_Control_Abilities

Anyways, the reason for this is because not all abilities that run on duration are affected in the same manner. Some are completely unaffected while others can be rendered useless. I made all of this in hopes that it can shed some light about Ancient Disruptors and their mechanisms.

Well, I made a blog post. Not sure if its the same thing.

definitely not the same thing! it isn't an actual Wiki Article. makes it less... reliable? permanent? something like that. i.e. tied to a user account which is non-ideal.

words on paper is a starting point however.

anyways, this explains the problem IMO.

zj8yxNp.png

i'm content with this 'issue' now.

definitely not the same thing! it isn't an actual Wiki Article. makes it less... reliable? permanent? something like that. i.e. tied to a user account which is non-ideal.

words on paper is a starting point however.

anyways, this explains the problem IMO.

zj8yxNp.png

i'm content with this 'issue' now.

I am still not content as the issue is still not solved. That statement is inaccurate as not all duration based powers are affected (e.g. Excalibur's Radial Blind will still blind them for the full duration, regardless of the number of Ancient Disruptors). I made an edit to that post to further reflect it.

oK5m3No.jpg

I will try to see if I can make a sub article later on. I am still relatively new to editing wiki.

EDIT:

i really have no i idea why this guy take less damage when i used blade storm on him

The aura Ancient Disruptors have can reduce damage taken from powers. Its stated in their entry.

Edited by UndeadLichKing