The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame And Weapons Question

SatelliteStrike

Question

So with this game I planed more on having fun than beeing op. First frames I tried to get are rhino prime, valkyr and ash prime. So far rhino isn't as fun, but maybe this is cause he not 30 yet. I love melee and don't like using guns unless I in tight spots or am out of energy for skills. Although these guys are/will be fun for me, except for rhino they are mostly damage dealers. Valkyr imortal and ash dazling. But to have fun I actually also need to be invited to play. With these frames not many people invite you. So I will use them mostly when I host. So what frames do people like in a team and I should get? Also I understand that endgame is better to have utility, but you have to have some way to deal damage too, so I don't see what's wrong with having a damage dealer on squad.

So in the end I wanna ask, which frames people want in their team for defense, survival, mobile defense, sabotage etc., out of that List which are easier to get (If I can I will try getting prime versions from start) and what are the best primary, secondary and melee weapons you can buy from the market?

11 answers to this question

Loki, Trinity, and Frost are frames that can be effectively used on any mission type.

Edit: Others can be too of course, but I think Trinity is most requested overall, Frost is pretty much always requested for Defense/Mobile Defense, and is very effective at protecting the squad in Survival. Loki, while maybe not specifically requested in chat as much AFAIK, is very effective in any situation by disarming enemies (and with augment making them fight each other) and using invisibility to avoid fire, slice through enemies with melee multiplier, or revive downed teammates while not being targeted.

As for weapons, it depends on what you like. Tonkor is extremely powerful and good at clearing crowds. Some use the Synoid Simulor for that as well, but I'm not much of a fan. (Vaykor) Hek or the (Sancti) Tigris are powerful shotguns. For secondary, hard-hitting weapons I use are Vaykor Marelok or Lex Prime. I've found myself using Sonicor a lot though because it deals pretty good damage and ragdolls everything, even on the highest Sorties.

Melee has a good bit of variation and the stances each have a different feel to them, but Scindo Prime is a good option, but quite slow before proccing Berserker. Dragon Nikana has a good balance between hard hits and its attack speed, but requires Mastery Rank 8.

Edited by Maicael

Rhino is more of a tanky Jack of All Trades type frame in my personal playstyle, and Ash has heavy damage falloff late game, especially so when not properly modded. Valkyr is rather good for melee damage and support as well so she's probably your most viable melee option in your current ones, and as for melee weapon, I would recommend maybe a Karyst for daggers, any decent one handed sword if you have Crimson Dervish, I've been highly fond of the Tekko lately for fist weapons (though I can't remember if they're market, I think they are), and Galatine is my personal favorite among the heavy hitters and gigantic swords, just make sure to get either Cleaving Whirlwind or Tempo Royale (Whirlwind for huge damage, AOE, and CC ; Tempo for gorgeous aesthetics, pvp, a more sword fighting playstyle). For primaries and secondaries that really comes down to what your weapon type preference is, no weapon is truly terrible minus a few, and it's easy to see those few, just mod properly for it and if you want it to stick with you to the end just feed it a potato and shower it in gold ;)

Rhino is more of a tanky Jack of All Trades type frame in my personal playstyle, and Ash has heavy damage falloff late game, especially so when not properly modded. Valkyr is rather good for melee damage and support as well so she's probably your most viable melee option in your current ones, and as for melee weapon, I would recommend maybe a Karyst for daggers, any decent one handed sword if you have Crimson Dervish, I've been highly fond of the Tekko lately for fist weapons (though I can't remember if they're market, I think they are), and Galatine is my personal favorite among the heavy hitters and gigantic swords, just make sure to get either Cleaving Whirlwind or Tempo Royale (Whirlwind for huge damage, AOE, and CC ; Tempo for gorgeous aesthetics, pvp, a more sword fighting playstyle). For primaries and secondaries that really comes down to what your weapon type preference is, no weapon is truly terrible minus a few, and it's easy to see those few, just mod properly for it and if you want it to stick with you to the end just feed it a potato and shower it in gold ;)

Yeah. Normally I would just play valkyr, but she not always welcomed. But still I like her

Currently have scindo from the market but even though on paper it says it's faster than skana even with a 30% atk speed mod it's slower. I plan to make a galatine, but again, don't know how fast it is

The listed attack speed for melee weapons is relative to its animation set's (e.g. stance combo) base speed. It's only useful for comparing weapons of the same type with the same stance equipped.

Also are there any damage dealer frames that people want in endgame?

Guns in general do more damage than abilities in the end game, with the blatant exception of Mag against Corpus. Buff and debuff frames are generally more useful (to improve the damage of your guns) as well as crowd-control frames to prevent enemies from shooting back.

Also are there any damage dealer frames that people want in endgame?

There are three cases when people might want a specific damage dealer frame. Draco, Defences, survival recourse farm.

In first two cases the strongest AoE dps frame currently is RJ Excal, but he doesn't work without Trinity and not that effective until maxed and/or has a strong buffer in a team.

In third case he is still the best option, but it will be hard to convince people to take him over Hydroid.