The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur 100% Solo Endgame Build

-GothKazu-

Question

I like playing as Excalibur, especially after his rework and I want to use him solo (my connection is usually S#&$) as much as possible.

Meaning, void runs, vault runs, boss runs, spy missions

ALL tht stuff.

Any tips/ideas/builds you want to share?

I think Epsik-kun nailed it with his posts. Quick Thinking + P.Flow combo will only be more useful for solo T4 Survivals. Otherwise it's overkill and is really unneeded for Excalibur also it's a bit gimped when using the Naramon Focus passive Shadow Step to it's fullest because the Combo relies on you getting hit by enemies to maintain energy costs.

I use a build similar to Epsik-Kun but I replaced Intensify with Stretch.

Aura: Corrosive Projection (I always use this because it's more helpful for High level and anything below T4 is cake for Excalibur damage-wise anyways) EDIT: If facing Corpus or Infested Steel Charge may be better.

Vitality

Steel Fiber

Streamline

Fleeting Experties

Transient Foritude

Primed Continuity

Rage

Stretch/Intensify - Depending on the situation but I find Stretch more useful overall

Melee Mods:

Pressure Point

Life Strike (Unranked is best since you deal so much damage and worse comes to worse you can use RB to force Finisher Damage Lifesteals)

Berserker

Fury (Personal Choice, Feel free to change this if you feel the extra Atk speed is unecessary)

90% elemental mod

90% elemental mod

90% elemental mod/Spoiled Strike

Focus Energy/Spoiled Strike

*I slashed in Spoiled Strike because I know some people like using it. I personally don't so I use elemental mods in it's place. True Steel/Organ Shatter isn't worth it IMO. I used to use those mods but I found that my damage and berserker procs are fine even without them.

I've used this build to solo T4 survival to 1 hour and 20 minutes so I can vouch for it's usefulness. I'd like to note however that if you are going for more than 1 hour survival solo then the Quick Thinking build might suit you better.

Also just a tip for Polarization don't leave your Aura unpolarized.

An unpolarized Aura Slot for Corrosive Projection adds 7 points and Steel Charge 9 points

If you polarize your Aura to - your Corrosive P will now add 14 points and your Steel Charge will add 7 points. See where I'm going with this? EDIT: Aside from Steel Charge all the other useful Auras for Excal are - polarity. Including Corrosive Projection you can use loot detector, enemy radar, sprint boost, energy siphon  etc)

Edited by Loki

Soloing Vault runs would be a pain just because of 75% chance of not having the key. For Boss Runs you'll need some not-terrible primary/secondary as it is close to impossible to deal damage with EBlade to Vay Hek or Lephantis.

Everything else Excal does with relative ease. Just use EBlade build.

Edited by Epsik-kun

that got nerfed no longer works on EB

That's why I am asking about levels it is supposed to be used at. Because it wold imply EBlade can no longer kill a target in one finisher, so you deactivate it and use the melee itself.

Better than Valkyr?

Of course not. Even counting out literal invincibility on her 4, she still has 600 base armor, compared to Excal's 225. 

However, Excal with maxed Vitality and Steel Fiber can tank lvl 105 T4 Corrupted Bombard missile with his face and survive, if EBlade is on.

Whoa. Only two questions:

1. How much Forma is that?!

2. Did you NEED to forma the Nikana or does that build work without it?

1. 6 forma, which is overkill and too many. It is a bad thing to do, as it murders alternative builds. You shouldn't do it, unless you have a spare Excalibur.

2. D. Nikana was formaed to change one polarity. Not the best idea in my opinion. I also advise against using maxed Life Strike and especially trying to offset it with channeling mods

Edited by Epsik-kun

How at 37:32 (77:30 in-game timer) you go from 93 to 260 energy given that rage wasn't active and can't get energy from pads while in exalted blade?

EB somehow lets you gain energy from Rage even without direct HP damage sometimes.

Whoa. Only two questions:

1. How much Forma is that?!

2. Did you NEED to forma the Nikana or does that build work without it?

Been polarizing him for two years, many times game rules changed, so did my builds. And no, you don't need any formas in Nikana for a full build.

1. 6 forma, which is overkill and too many. It is a bad thing to do, as it murders alternative builds. You shouldn't do it, unless you have a spare Excalibur.

Actually, these polarities were set to fit common PvE build, PvP build and Raid build at the same time.

Edited by -Ksaero-

EB somehow lets you gain energy from Rage even without direct HP damage sometimes.

Any block does, actually.

Actually, these polarities were set to fit common PvE build, PvP build and Raid build at the same time.

I primarily meant it murders RJ build. And tbh I'm not sure if either PvP or Raid builds would even need so much formaing. Well, you did say, you were formaing him for a long time.

Edited by Epsik-kun

Pretty much for solo your survival comes from Vitality + Steel Fiber + Rage + quick thinking + flow/primed flow. Many prefer a rank 1 life strike on their melee as well so you can channel hit a single enemy with a wave and pretty much full heal. I only use it on 3rd level sorties or 40min+ t4 survival. Otherwise it's not needed if you're playing right and moving ALOT or facing the enemy so you autoblock most their damage with exalted up.

The rest you want a little bit of power strength, then efficiency and duration. Range isn't as important unless you're soloing to very high levels, then you want to keep range around 100% or higher so your radial blind / finisher combo keeps you alive on big guys.

I run around 190% duration 130% efficiency 150% strength and 70ish% range. I use steel charge + coaction drift which amplifies the damage i get from steel a pretty good amount. You can put more in str / range but 150% str + steel + coaction i find even level 100+ enemies dieing in 1-2 waves. This combo of duration + efficiency makes it so exalted can be up 100% of the time with little to no issues on energy. The only time you worry is if you take heavy damage and rage/QT are kicking in a bunch to save your behind.

If you get knocked down alot or are going into very high endgame solo, then handspring is very important instead in your aux slot. Being on your back = dead at very high level gameplay.

Naramon with invisibility is supposedly very good. Not only for the stealth multiplier, but in a pinch you can use the invis to recover as well. I'm personally Madurai which works as well. I use Rank 3 of each of the damage passives with reduced cooldown max that gives me a +30% damage to I/P/S which exalted blade shares equally across each. Not the best, but if you're maduri it works as well. I notice a significant increase in exalted damage after i pop it.

My only problem with going these routes is runspeed, i hate how slow you go, but its the price you pay!

Edited by Coaa

My only problem with going these routes is runspeed, i hate how slow you go, but its the price you pay!

Just jump around. It is faster anyway.

Also, I wouldn't sacrifice range or efficiency for duration. Having maxed efficiency not only allows you to sustain EBlade, but to use other skills as well. And both Slash Dash and Radial Blind can be life-savers. Also, as I don't use Quick Thinking, I don't need Flow. Duration is kept around 70% by Primed Continuity and Range is 100%. I even thinking about exchanging Intensify for Stretch - it may worth it at really high levels.

it really depends on where you want endgame to be.

Endgame for me is being able to solo almost everything, go T4 for abt 80 min, and take out Lephantis or any other boss in maybe 5-10 min or less

But that's probably impossible so I'll take the closest I can get

Endgame for me is being able to solo almost everything, go T4 for abt 80 min, and take out Lephantis or any other boss in maybe 5-10 min or less

well taking out any boss other than lephantis with excalibur in less than 5 minutes is a cake walk surviving 80 minutes in t4s with a rage life strike build is fairly easy on excal so long as you remain aware skilled and not get surrounded. i mean its no valkyr but it definitely works 

What do you mean

Rage gives energy through melee block, if unmitigated damage would deplete health. EBlade has 60% melee block up all the time.

Doable. As I said, for Lephantis and Vay Hek you'll need a good weapon, but they aren't hard.