The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur 100% Solo Endgame Build

-GothKazu-

Question

I like playing as Excalibur, especially after his rework and I want to use him solo (my connection is usually S#&$) as much as possible.

Meaning, void runs, vault runs, boss runs, spy missions

ALL tht stuff.

Any tips/ideas/builds you want to share?

So its ok if I use "-Ksaero-"'s build then? Or is there a better alternative for what I'm going for

His frame build works. If I were to use a build with Quick thinking, I would probably use something similar, but I don't like not having maxed Efficiency on Excal.
Quick Thinking isn't necessary for doing T4S over a hour, but it surely will save you several times. However, it has almost no use for Excal everywhere but in a really prolonged T4 endless.
You can do his build with 4 forma if you polarise Aura slot for Steel Charge or 5, if you leave it neutral. Either way - you won't be able to have an effective RJ build after that.
His weapon build I would change by using unranked Life Strike and changing Channeling mod for 4th 90% elemental mod (or Fury if you don't like having slow EBlade before Berserker procs)

This is what I personally use:

General use build:

y7khUyf.jpg

Melee for EBlade:

f5SDgPe.jpg

RJ Build

i9eLuvI.jpg

Edited by Epsik-kun

His frame build works. If I were to use a build with Quick thinking, I would probably use something similar, but I don't like not having maxed Efficiency on Excal.

Quick Thinking isn't necessary for doing T4S over a hour, but it surely will save you several times. However, it has almost no use for Excal everywhere but in a really prolonged T4 endless.

You can do his build with 4 forma if you polarise Aura slot for Steel Charge or 5, if you leave it neutral. Either way - you won't be able to have an effective RJ build after that.

His weapon build I would change by using unranked Life Strike and changing Channeling mod for 4th 90% elemental mod (or Fury if you don't like having slow EBlade before Berserker procs)

This is what I personally use:

General use build:

y7khUyf.jpg

Melee for EBlade:

f5SDgPe.jpg

RJ Build

i9eLuvI.jpg

I don't have any primed mods, transient fortitude, life strike, or berserker. Is it ok to use non-primed mods, a dragon Nikana, and leave the other slots blank?

Just jump around. It is faster anyway.

Also, I wouldn't sacrifice range or efficiency for duration. Having maxed efficiency not only allows you to sustain EBlade, but to use other skills as well. And both Slash Dash and Radial Blind can be life-savers. Also, as I don't use Quick Thinking, I don't need Flow. Duration is kept around 70% by Primed Continuity and Range is 100%. I even thinking about exchanging Intensify for Stretch - it may worth it at really high levels.

I agree. My build is probably exactly like yours. I just already swapped Intensify out for Stretch and never looked back. 38m blind. Just sayin.

Also, 145% range allows you to actually use the slide-blind on EB.

I don't see the need for that many survivability mods (pflow+QT+SF+Vit). You can go by just fine with SF+Vit and a Life Strike up your sleeve. Just use the terrain, cover, room layout to funnel enemies and have hard cover behind you. And roll. Roll a lot. Rolling is the difference between death and life.

Also, if we're talking about true high-end gameplay (60+ min) i'll advice you to build your melee with PP, fury, LS r1, 3 elements, Organ Shatter and Berz. Then rack up a full set of Arcane Avenger and one of Grace and watch dem rolls.

I don't have any primed mods, transient fortitude, life strike, or berserker. Is it ok to use non-primed mods, a dragon Nikana, and leave the other slots blank?

You shouldn't use other people's builds as they are. It is better to gradualy make one yourself, as what suits my (or Ksaero's) playstyle might not work that well for you.

However, I strongly suggest you to get Life Strike, as it is a core mod for Excalibur - he lacks any way of healing himself otherwise, and you want to put his health and armor to use. Hieracon's rework into an Excavation mission made farming this mod much easier. Just run it until it drops - there's a chance for it on every 4th extractor. I had to do around twenty 20-minutes solo survivals back then to get mine.

Transient Fortitude is an end-game mod. I wouldn't suggest using it untill you can counter it effect with Primed Continuity. I only used it in RJ build prior to formaing my Excal for the 4th time to fit these two mods in.

Berserker is probably a mandatory mod in terms of achieving maximum DPS on any melee weapon which crit chance is 10% or higher. It drops pretty often in Void, however I don't remember myself seeing it drop as much lately. Anyway, you can get one for 3-5 plat if you are really unlucky.

Primed Continuity is a very good mod for Excal, as it allows you to use both Fleeting and Transient without gimping yourself. It is still relatively cheap as of now, so I suggest you to get unranked one on Trade chat.

Primed Flow isn't a panacea to the extent Primed Continuity is, but it can be used to make a better RJ build (I don't use it because I can't fit it in without killing my main build) and is required for Quick Thinking build.

Melee weapon itself doesn't matter, only mods do. Generally it means you don't want to have a syndicate melee, or one strongly biased towards crits/status, unless you are OK with using far from optimal setups. Dragon Nikana is a good choice, as you'll not need to forma it. Main reason I use Orthos is just because it feels different from EBlade, giving me a reason not to EBlade right away in any mission.

Edited by Epsik-kun

Also, 145% range allows you to actually use the slide-blind on EB.

Rolling is the difference between death and life.

Also, if we're talking about true high-end gameplay (60+ min) i'll advice you to build your melee with PP, fury, LS r1, 3 elements, Organ Shatter and Berz. Then rack up a full set of Arcane Avenger and one of Grace and watch dem rolls.

Explain y rolling is important

The slide blind is only 7 meters

Rank 1 or Rank 0 LS?

You shouldn't use other people's builds as they are. It is better to gradualy make one yourself, as what suits my (or Ksaero's) playstyle might not work that well for you.

However, I strongly suggest you to get Life Strike, as it is a core mod for Excalibur - he lacks any way of healing himself otherwise, and you want to put his health and armor to use. Hieracon's rework into an Excavation mission made farming this mod much easier. Just run it until it drops - there's a chance for it on every 4th extractor. I had to do around twenty 20-minutes solo survivals back then to get mine.

Transient Fortitude is an end-game mod. I wouldn't suggest using it untill you can counter it effect with Primed Continuity. I only used it in RJ build prior to formaing my Excal for the 4th time to fit these two mods in.

Berserker is probably a mandatory mod in terms of achieving maximum DPS on any melee weapon which crit chance is 10% or higher. It drops pretty often in Void, however I don't remember myself seeing it drop as much lately. Anyway, you can get one for 3-5 plat if you are really unlucky.

Primed Continuity is a very good mod for Excal, as it allows you to use both Fleeting and Transient without gimping yourself. It is still relatively cheap as of now, so I suggest you to get unranked one on Trade chat.

Primed Flow isn't a panacea to the extent Primed Continuity is, but it can be used to make a better RJ build (I don't use it because I can't fit it in without killing my main build) and is required for Quick Thinking build.

Melee weapon itself doesn't matter, only mods do. Generally it means you don't want to have a syndicate melee, or one strongly biased towards crits/status, unless you are OK with using far from optimal setups. Dragon Nikana is a good choice, as you'll not need to forma it. Main reason I use Orthos is just because it feels different from EBlade, giving me a reason not to EBlade right away in any mission.

Ok, Hieracon is on what planet? And ik not to copy-paste builds but I do need some kind of groundwork to base off of. And ok ty

Explain y rolling is important

The slide blind is only 7 meters

Rank 1 or Rank 0 LS?

Rank 1 LS for safety. Sometimes R0 doesn't get you back to full if you lost a lot of health.

I take a free 7m radial blind is a bad thing? At base it's only 5, and it's damn near unusable.

Rolling grants you damage resistance during th animation.

Rank 1 LS for safety. Sometimes R0 doesn't get you back to full if you lost a lot of health.

I take a free 7m radial blind is a bad thing? At base it's only 5, and it's damn near unusable.

Rolling grants you damage resistance during th animation.

100% Damage resistance?

Slide Blind gets far more usage in high level content. When enemy level goes over ~70 doing slide blind for an Eximus (or otherwise tanky target) usually results in considerably higher kill speed than just whacking them repeatedly. And the RB itself not only consumes energy, it also has a cooldown, which means it might not be accessible 100% of time. Doing RB to kill a level 100 Bombard faster might cost you a life, if there'll be another bombard around the corner. Doing slide blind will not.\

100% Damage resistance?

80% iirc

Edited by Epsik-kun

Honestly from the sounds of it, he's fairly new. I think quick thinking will be his best friend until he gets used to the game, especially soloing everything as stated.

If you find yourself using alot of lives during a mission, put quick thinking back in.