Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revisiting The Engineer Archetype

Entheos_Geon

When the Vauban was first announced, I did a lot of speculation as to how an Engineer's abilities would work in Warframe. I really like how the Vauban turned out but I thought I'd share what I'd like to see ability-wise if DE ever makes another trapper/engineer.

1st Ability: Shrapnel Grenade (25 Energy) Pretty self explanatory. 

2nd Ability: Landmine (50 Energy) Activated either by shooting at it or you can throw a grenade at it, causing an even larger explosion. 

3rd Ability: Nanoheal (50 Energy) Healing nanobots surround target friendly unit, giving it massive health regen for a short amount of time. 

Ultimate: Turret (100 Energy) Place a turret at a target location, only one turret allowed at a time. When the ability is used next to an already deployed turret, you pick it up and are refunded 50 energy (setting it back down again still costs 100). Grenades and mines damage your turret too so you have to take turret placement into consideration.

It's a little bit of your standard engineer but I think it would be fun as heck to play..especially on defense missions.

Edited by Entheos_Geon

Wow, those skill would really make one of the most overpowered Warframes ever. What an incredible deadly combo, you can easily run through levels while fully disarmed using those skills alone. Especially with the whole energy refund from the turret. While I do like the idea, the skills should really be be divided up into two different Warframes for balance purposes.

Wow, those skill would really make one of the most overpowered Warframes ever. What an incredible deadly combo, you can easily run through levels while fully disarmed using those skills alone. Especially with the whole energy refund from the turret. While I do like the idea, the skills should really be be divided up into two different Warframes for balance purposes.

I wasn't really taking balance into consideration. I was just coming up with fun ideas for abilities.

Well, I took it seriously. But if we're just doing it for fun then I'd like a flying spaghetti monster Warframe.

1st Ability, 25 energy: 

The Flying: This part of the Flying Spaghetti Monster gives it flight, allowing it to span infinite distances in infinitesimal spans of time. This part is irreducibly complex, hyper-real (see Weird Calculus), and cannot be broken down into components. Doing so – if it were even possible, and it isn't – would incur the wrath of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It is proven by this series of math-like squiggles:

eb143537eaba1e66e9b9f04c425593bf.png

2nd Ability, 50 energy:

Noodly Appendage: Every single teammate including yourself, is given a huge energy & health boost. By 100% and rising with the card level, this will last for a minute and more with cards and their respective levels. if someone has no shield and low HP it'll instantly be filled to max + ability as with someone with their current max limit.

3rd Ability, 50 energy:

Pastafarianism: All enemies and allies alike within an area gain an pirate hat and eye patch. As the card is upgraded so is the range for the ability. Oh and they'll take more damage or something I guess while allies gain more armor.

Ultimate, 100 energy:

The One True Monster: All infested enemies currently spawned across the map instantly explode and die. Upgrading this card will eventually extend the killing to Corpus and Engineers within the same area, not map.

Well, I took it seriously. But if we're just doing it for fun then I'd like a flying spaghetti monster Warframe.

1st Ability, 25 energy: 

The Flying: This part of the Flying Spaghetti Monster gives it flight, allowing it to span infinite distances in infinitesimal spans of time. This part is irreducibly complex, hyper-real (see Weird Calculus), and cannot be broken down into components. Doing so – if it were even possible, and it isn't – would incur the wrath of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It is proven by this series of math-like squiggles:

eb143537eaba1e66e9b9f04c425593bf.png

2nd Ability, 50 energy:

Noodly Appendage: Every single teammate including yourself, is given a huge energy & health boost. By 100% and rising with the card level, this will last for a minute and more with cards and their respective levels. if someone has no shield and low HP it'll instantly be filled to max + ability as with someone with their current max limit.

3rd Ability, 50 energy:

Pastafarianism: All enemies and allies alike within an area gain an pirate hat and eye patch. As the card is upgraded so is the range for the ability. Oh and they'll take more damage or something I guess while allies gain more armor.

Ultimate, 100 energy:

The One True Monster: All infested enemies currently spawned across the map instantly explode and die. Upgrading this card will eventually extend the killing to Corpus and Engineers within the same area, not map.

That's a capital idea you have there, good sir.

Why do I feel as if the last two abilities were based off of TF2's Engineer?  You know, dispensers that give health, and sentry that well, shoots.    Anywho, I think you ideas are nice but honestly, I think the number of warframes that can heal, should be limited.   Also, the idea of having an AI thing shooting, takes a bit of skill away from teh game.  Now, I understand about how Sentinels work, but for the most part, their amount of damage, is not that much since you shouldn't just walk into a place ad stand still or run around while waiting for your sentinel to take things down.

Why do I feel as if the last two abilities were based off of TF2's Engineer?  You know, dispensers that give health, and sentry that well, shoots.    Anywho, I think you ideas are nice but honestly, I think the number of warframes that can heal, should be limited.   Also, the idea of having an AI thing shooting, takes a bit of skill away from teh game.  Now, I understand about how Sentinels work, but for the most part, their amount of damage, is not that much since you shouldn't just walk into a place ad stand still or run around while waiting for your sentinel to take things down.

When you put it like that, it makes the Trinity Warframe probably the most useless one. Because the only thing appealing with it is the whole healing aspect of it.