The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Choosing A Focus

Vitaumd

Question

Hey there!

I am kinda new ro rhe game and got to the point of choosing a focus, and before reaching here a guy told me to read throughly first, and so I did, but am really split

I play mostly valk and I tend to prefer meele playing (currently building chroma too) and woyld like some opinions.

Zenurik seems overall good for energy regen, even if it doesnt work in channeling abilities.

Madurai is, well, damage

Naramon seems really nice with increasing crit and giving invis

Vazarin didnt interest me much and unairu seems to be kinda medium, though I may be wrong

So, which are more synergistic with meele frames and with other frames in general?

10 answers to this question

Zenurik I feel has the most overall use for a larger frame roster plus it's really only one thing to upgrade to get that use out of it 2 if you count the mastery ability

But energy overflow is the ability you want maxed first and don't level main ability in middle as it just makes the click longer

Edited by (PS4)Ninja_Reaper_916

So far, I've tried only 2 focus trees.

Zenurik is quite easy to max out to gain the most out of it, it's just Energy Overflow and Mastery for both 4e/s passive and reduced cooldown. Besides that, pretty much everything is trash.

Naramon seems like the more interesting tree out of these two, though requires much more work to get most out of it.

Necessary Mastery for reduced cooldown, Shadow Step and Deadly Intent for invisibility on crits and increased crit chance, remaining team bonuses seem decent as well and generally compliment each other nicely. Compared to bullcrap Zenurik offers, like -shield but +speed...

Edited by Mofixil

How does invis works? Say you attack, your invisibility stops or it continues? Also, while naramon seems reaally good for its invisibility zenuryk regen is really attractive.

Can you change later or something?

Edited by Vitaumd

Shadow Step works exactly like berserker does, except instead of increased attack speed, you just vanish - not even an energy color left behind.  Literally nothing anything can do about - Nullies, Combas, Stalker, nothing.  It caps at 10 seconds, and just like berserker does, it stacks with itself.

Did I mention Hysteria can red crit if you cap out Deadly Intent?

Edit:  Yeah, you can swap between schools all you want.  Just pick whichever one you want as your active.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann