The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Dont Play Sortie

Xero19

Survival ~20 mins~          of the same stuff. N

Defend ~25-30mins~       of the same stuff. O

Interception~20-30mins~ of the same stuff. P

Excavation ~15-20mins~ of the same  stuff. 

if i see one of those in the sortie then i just dont do them.

and dont let me even start about the rewards...

-warframe/weapon parts          (you hvae to atleast wait 4 days to get the warframe/weapon. YAY)

-Focus lens                              ( not even the greater one) 

-Some fusion cores                 (25 - 50 is still way to low for all the work we have to do )

-potato's and legendary cores (well those are good rewards i cant complain about that)

the point is giving something more time to do doesn't make it harder its just gone make it more boring 

i was on the last wave of a interception sleeping. i struggle more trying to wake up than staying alive or finishing the mission 

i dont want to sound like those guys: ''ye warframe is boring'' but you guys could make it more fun.

like atleast give us better rewards.

like whit the raids those are always arcane stuff if you want a arcane you know where to go

but whit sortie its like worse than in the void 

the reward table is way bigger then the others maybe change it like this?:

-50x fusioncore

-75x fusioncore

-Orokin Catalyst

-Orokin Reactor

-Legendary Core 

-event weapons/Warframe parts( you don't get these after 3 sortie missions you can get a chance to get them in Surv,Def,Inter,Exc and spy because not every one want 1 after 3 pain full missions.)

-Exilus adapter 

-Greater Lenses

-Normal Lenses ( also whit the normal lenses you get a chance to get them in missions)

-And 5~10 Plat  (so that even more people want to do them) 

ehem thats about it hope one of the DE member will see this 

and there is probably already a post like this one and they are maybe already working on it but i really wanted to post it either way 

Just thanks for reading.

and if you are reading this because you didn't want to read all above: just change the reward of sortie's 

Edited by Xero19

i like the changes that you purpose here, only problem is that DE will probably never make these changes :/

also it would be cool if the packs of fusion cores came in an actual "pack" so that they could be traded like so, but only as a sortie reward

but everything else in warframe is even more repetitive.

in sorties they at least add some modifiers and make the levels high unlike t1 and t2 void for example which you must do for all primes.

^ its only like that because of how the game as progressed.....

I remember when T3 was actually a challenge and T1, T2 werent as easy as it is now...they used to be fun to do...now its just a drag

sorties do not help with this because it further separates casuals and daily players

but i do agree with you and the OP about repetitiveness. but I think OPs original point is that the sorties do not add to the games challenge of complexity because it is just a rehash of boring missions....not to mention sorties are really just daily tactical alerts

but everything else in warframe is even more repetitive.

in sorties they at least add some modifiers and make the levels high unlike t1 and t2 void for example which you must do for all primes.

Nothing can be more repetetive than sorties because sorties are the same thing we had back in u7 but now on daily cd.

Add the spy missions, ppl  are  starting to be asshats  just standing there doing nothing w8ting for someone to do it  for them,  this was my second day in a row, just dropped the party  and did it solo. 

Warframe0056.jpg

They were both on the platform, when they saw me complain in chat one of them pressed 4 to do something,  censored the names  as it is not permited to shame leechers on the forums.

I agree that those mission types are annoyingly long.  During the week my housemate that I usually play along side works night shifts so we have a small window to squeeze some Warframe into.  If we have to do those unecessarily long missiosn for the Sortie there is a chance we wont have time for him to finish it.  I wouldn't normally complain but I see no reason for them to be that long.  From my experience of Interceptions you either have a good team going and have no trouble or you get hammered in wave 1 or 2 anyway.  It doesn't need to be that long to test our ability.  Same applies to Survival, Defense and Excavation.  Half the length of them but have us start at the level it would be half way through.

PS:  I'd actually prefer 25 Rare Cores over a Reactor.  I seem to get Reactors faster than frames are added these days while cores I will always find a mod to add them to.

Survival and Def if one even shows up I don't even do the sortie, because its a waste of time.

Excavation is more interactive so I do play it.

Interception get's boring, just go soundquake banshee and bam  stunlocked tileset while the timer whittles away.

As for rewards, not really worth my time to try to get a reward since most kinda suck. (and with focus being in its current state, lenses aren't worth it either) (Not to mention a useless frame diluting the sortie pool with event weapon parts too lately)

Sorties aren't fun AND rewarding enough to play.

Forgot the add that even nightmare missions are fun/harder (if we are talking about the vampire mode or timer etc etc) to do and the rewards are worth it instead of the sortie 

sortie is new that's true but we as a community have to give DE feed back cause i barely play warframe now i need something fun and rewarding to do in the game.

Add the spy missions, ppl  are  starting to be asshats  just standing there doing nothing w8ting for someone to do it  for them,  this was my second day in a row, just dropped the party  and did it solo. 

Count yourself lucky they chose not to do anything. Any time I decide to do them in a PUG out of being too lazy to switch to solo, I end up either having idiots who think that charging into lasers is a good idea, or people who think that me standing at the data, extracting it, means it's necessary for them to rush in and trip the alarm, causing the mission to turn into a 300+ enemy exterminate.

why isnt plat a good idea? 

if they just make it so out of reach like legendary core no problem 

besides if you can trade your legendary core you got yourself 6000 p or something 

well those are from players but still  5-10 p is nothing 

besides if you can trade your legendary core you got yourself 6000 p or something

well those are from players but still 5-10 p is nothing

As we've said and you've ignored. Rewarding free plat, ie. No money has been exchanged to inject that plat, means less people are buying plat, meaning less support for DE. I'll let you follow the rest of that thought to the end.

Making a drop 0.000001% chance and it might as well not be in there. People already hate weighted RNG and drop dilution. Adding something to add something doesn't incentive people to play sortie. There are so many better ways to fix rewards than simply throwing plat at people.

well those are from players but still  5-10 p is nothing 

Well they want us to buy it. You could get lucky and get a Nezha system, sells for a lot. Just like the Orokin void some items in the pools are worthless

isnt PVE doomed for grind?

isnt life doomed for grind?

its the human condition LOL

well i guess pvp games dont have the grind problem as much

You have obviously not played many modern PvP games.  Many have the grind in them too, look at world of tanks, world of warships or mechwarrior online (just to mention a couple).

I agree, the rewards table could be better for the amount of work that needs to be put into sorties and I emphasize the word WORK because that's what it feels like WORK. Sorties are largely comprised of the same missions that I always play but with absurdly buffed enemies. I feel like sorties would be much more enjoyable if:

1. Give us better rewards: no weapon parts, give us the full weapon! The lenses and legendary cores are fine. 

2. Different mission types for sorties: Sorties should really give off a diverse mission vibe. No more sabotage, no more defense, no more survival (ok maybe keep survival), no more deception etc. DE give us something DIFFERENT. Perhaps you could give us a boss battle on the scale of lephantis but on like level 70-80. Another thing you could have is the defending persons of interest missions, though they were a pain in the butt, they were fun, they were challenging and as such I think those missions would be perfect for sorties. 

3. Tone down the requirements: In regard to the previous point I made, I know making new and fresh mission objectives can be difficult so if that can't be done then perhaps make the objectives a bit less strenuous. 20 waves of defense for enemies that start off on like level 60 (or around there) and just keep getting stronger and stronger is just ridiculous. 

All in all sorties are a great idea but they need to be tweaked a bit IMHO.

The lenses are not fine. Lenses are worthless, and as far as I can tell they are 90% of the drop table (after weights). If the sortie has any non-endless mission at all, you're looking at, what, probably 30 minutes of not-actually-difficult-just-bullet-spongey gameplay for what will realistically be 5 platinum. Sorties are worse than void defense. It's an absolutely abysmal reward : time investment ratio.