The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime Build

Codesco

Question

What is a good build for frost prime, i would be doing mainly sorties and t4 void defenses and mobile defenses with him. I would like to use his avalanche and snowglobe (Duh). Strength and some range right? Forma and Primed mods are not a problem. 

Energy Siphon/corrosive projection

Vitality

Steel Fiber

Stretch

Streamline

Fleeting Expertise

Transient Fortitude

Intensify

Primed continuity

Power drift

That will give you 200% power strength, 175% effeciancy, some duration, 145% range. Spam everything at your hearts contempt. If you want more duration swap streamline for constitution.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

I use, fleeting expertise, stretch, Streamline, Intensify, Redirection, power drift, Rank 5 Blind range, Transient fortitude, and over extend. All of them maxed ranked expect Blind range. You will need to forma at least once.  13% power duration, 160 % efficiency, 235% range, and 194% power strength. Great for spamming 4 and 3.   

Vitality

Steel Fiber

Stretch

Streamline

Fleeting Expertise

Transient Fortitude

Intensify

Constitution

Power drift

That will give you 200% power strength, 175% effeciancy, 95% duration, 145% range. Spam everything at your hearts contempt.

Why add duration with constitution?

I use a balanced Frost for more Defensive (soft CC) play style.

Any Aura - Power Drift

Redirection

Stretch (max)

Fleeting Expertise

Ice Wave Impedance

Armored Agility

Trans Fort

Primed Cont

Prime Flow

This will give you 170% Power Strength, 160% Efficiency, 95% 70% Duration (Sub out Trans for Intensify/Blind Rage to better fit play style), 145% range, a nice movement speed, and a soft CC in Ice Waves (which is a really good skill).

-Addition-

Avalanche will drop in damage quickly at higher waves, so Power Strength shouldn't be a main focus.

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

Oh, Ok. So Primed Continuity instead ?

If you care for duration but Between transient and fleeting your duration will be so low it's almost pointless unless you also add a constitution (I had edited my post after you quote it). Duration is not mandatory though, it can be throw away stat, play around without it and see if it matters to you. You could probably add another mod there like redirection or armored agility which will also help your snow globe. At high end content you want effeciancy to spam and stack globes.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

If you care for duration but Between transient and fleeting your duration will be so low it's almost pointless unless you also add a constitution (I had edited my post after you quote it). You could probably add another mod there like redirection or armored agility which will also help your snow globe. At high end content you want effeciancy to spam and stack globes.

Stacking globes increases strength right? 

Armour on frost is good?

Vitality

Steel Fiber

Stretch

Streamline

Fleeting Expertise

Transient Fortitude

Intensify

Primed continuity

Power drift

That will give you 200% power strength, 175% effeciancy, some duration, 145% range. Spam everything at your hearts contempt. If you want more duration swap streamline for constitution.

I run this build except with Chilling Globe instead of Transient Fortitude or Intensify (depending on how much duration you want).

Stacking globes increases strength right? 

Armour on frost is good?

Recasting Snow Globe while inside one will add the health of the old Snow Globe to the new one. This can be done indefinitely.

Armor increases the base health of your Snow Globe.

I bounce between these three pretty interchangeably, though I like the high power strength one for excavations since I'm running multiple bubbles and can't sit there and babysit one all the time.

Chilling Globe middle of the road build, probably the weakest of the three, but for less than 40 waves of T4D it's a nice easy compromise build

http://goo.gl/yBn4mV

Super sweaty tryhard freezing floor and 8 second bubble spam build

http://goo.gl/23lcgM

High power, low duration, mainly used for Excavations (edit - that Grineer excavation yesterday, this worked quite well)

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Frost_prime/t_30_3230443000_2-5-10-4-0-5-5-6-5-6-7-5-12-3-2-19-4-10-37-8-5-55-2-5-411-1-10-613-9-5_4-5-411-8-55-6-12-8-19-7-2-6-5-5-6-11-37-7-613-9_0/en/1-0-8

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

I have made many frost builds, i used to roll with 180 str and 130 EFF but then I saw a guy who prefers to stack globe strength by spamming it rather then needs high strength to be able to hold whole round of attack in defense mission. So now i have slightly less STR but better EFF, so I can spam more of globe, and ult too, frost ult is awesome but you should not neglect your duration.

Chilling globe is imo useful only against infested, and you're better with bobben there anyway. If I would to main frost I would probably have anti infested build with chilling globe and massive range, but I don't, so no matter. 

This is my go to build for frost, well rounded up and balanced build imo;

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/543048106403998207/02EC51BAC515B4BA1667120EB0E6FCEB26E245D4/

The build that I use depends on the enemy level and type. For most cases, I use the middle of road approach for strength and range.

For high level grineer, I would want to maximize range and would care little for power strength - 225% range and 40% strength using overextended. A large globe protects my squad from bombard damage. Since high level enemies can literally 1 hko the globe, I rely solely on the 4 second invincibility of the globe - so recast every 3 seconds - not a problem with EV trinity.

Since high level enemies can literally 1 hko the globe, I rely solely on the 4 second invincibility of the globe - so recast every 3 seconds - not a problem with EV trinity.

I've keep seeing this argument often - where? Where are those nasty horrible enemies that can 1 hit KO the globe? I keep taking my frost to sorties every day against 100+ level grineer /corpus and I haven't seen this, like ever. 180% of pwr strength and steel fiber if you must, I assume you have solid team that actually kills enemies fairly reliably, my globes often can hold thru entire round but even when I have to recast is 2-3 times during the round it's not the end of the world. 

Further more, you can stack up globe HP by spamming it, high efficiency and cast away. 

I've keep seeing this argument often - where? Where are those nasty horrible enemies that can 1 hit KO the globe? I keep taking my frost to sorties every day against 100+ level grineer /corpus and I haven't seen this, like ever. 180% of pwr strength and steel fiber if you must, I assume you have solid team that actually kills enemies fairly reliably, my globes often can hold thru entire round but even when I have to recast is 2-3 times during the round it's not the end of the world. 

Further more, you can stack up globe HP by spamming it, high efficiency and cast away. 

Just my opinion but Sortie doesn't have "level enemies". Go 2h T4 survival, or 80 waves T4 defense and you'll see.

Chilling globe is imo useful only against infested, and you're better with bobben there anyway. If I would to main frost I would probably have anti infested build with chilling globe and massive range, but I don't, so no matter.

Corrupted Butchers say hi. So do Corrupted Moas. So does the annoyingly positioned Tower Mobile Defense terminal right under the balcony every enemy likes to jump down from. It's also pretty handy anytime you're pugging.

Sure, Chilling Globe is less effective against non-Infested factions, but it still has its uses against them.

Go 2h T4 survival, or 80 waves T4 defense and you'll see.

But why? I have more then enough keys, no need to exhaust myself unnecessarily, it may be some proof of concept or testing yourself allright, could be fun I agree but those kind of missions are not necessary in any way or can be called "normal gameplay".

Corrupted Butchers say hi. So do Corrupted Moas. So does the annoyingly positioned Tower Mobile Defense terminal right under the balcony every enemy likes to jump down from.

CG is useful but imo not essential. When enemies start to get close you have two options, proper duration cheap ult (if you have solid build) or globe recasting which will push them away and in some cases kill them right off. 

But why? I have more then enough keys, no need to exhaust myself unnecessarily, it may be some proof of concept or testing yourself allright, could be fun I agree but those kind of missions are not necessary in any way or can be called "normal gameplay".

I agree but you did ponder when/where something can 1-shot the sno-globe. I just gave an example. 

I use a balanced Frost for more Defensive (soft CC) play style.

Any Aura - Power Drift

Redirection

Stretch (max)

Fleeting Expertise

Ice Wave Impedance

Armored Agility

Trans Fort

Primed Cont

Prime Flow

This will give you 170% Power Strength, 160% Efficiency, 95% 70% Duration (Sub out Trans for Intensify/Blind Rage to better fit play style), 145% range, a nice movement speed, and a soft CC in Ice Waves (which is a really good skill).

-Addition-

Avalanche will drop in damage quickly at higher waves, so Power Strength shouldn't be a main focus.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Avalanche strip enemy armour scaling with power strength?

Yep.  You need 250% power strength to strip armor completely.  It's a bit of a catch 22.  If you're high enough to need to worry about that, you're also probably close to bubble spam territory, and therefore need to worry about duration for cc and range to keep the bombard bogey man away.  Either strength or efficiency is going to go out the window, and at least for me, that's a really easy choice.