The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime Build

Codesco

Question

What is a good build for frost prime, i would be doing mainly sorties and t4 void defenses and mobile defenses with him. I would like to use his avalanche and snowglobe (Duh). Strength and some range right? Forma and Primed mods are not a problem. 

Probably the only real issue with Frost right now to be fair, he's a superb frame otherwise. Avalanche should scale off of Duration for both range and time, that'd fix it. Then you could tailor-make the frame to taste. My current solution is to max efficiency with decent PWR STR to at least make Avalanche spammable and I play as a fairly mobile Frost.

Edited by Zilchy

Totally off topic, but, nah, just make Avalanche have a charge mechanic.  Similar to renewal, inversely scaling with duration for charge speed affecting range, have a soft cap where linear increase stops and logarithmic increase starts.  For extra throw money at the screen-ness, add visual effects akin to a gathering storm expanding while it's charging.  

hnngh

I have 3 builds for my Frost

Aura: Corrosive P/Energy Siphon

1st Build: Overextended build (If you want to be worth your weight as a Frost you will realize that Overextended is need for those pesky Bombard Rockets)

Vitality

Steel Fiber

Steamline

Fleeting Expertise

Transient Fortitude

Primed Continuity

Chilling Globe - Replacable w/ whatever. I just like the utility

Overextended

Exilus: Power Drift

2nd Build: Stretch only (For those times where you need more power strength and won't have to deal with Bombards/Vay Hek Missiles)

Vitality

Steel Fiber

Steamline

Fleeting Expertise

Transient Fortitude

Primed Continuity

Chilling Globe - same as above

Stretch

Exilus: Cunning Drift to obtain a reasonable 160% range when combined with Stretch

3rd Build: Overextended + Stretch (For infested missions)

Vitality

Steamline

Fleeting Expertise

Primed Continuity

Overextended

Stretch

Chilling Globe

Ice Wave Impedance

Exilus: Whatever you want, I use Ice Spring since I normally use this build for Hieracon

Power Strength on Frost is good but you don't really need too much since Snow Globe health is stackable. Efficiency is more important for Frost IMO so he can spam Snow Globes and his CC abilities.

What I usually do when defending a point is I spam 5-7 Globes on the spot. This makes the Globe health soar and I usually don't have to mind it for a while.

Edit: Also about Avalanche stripping Armor, It's nice but I don't recommend building for max armor stripping.

Efficiency and Freeze Duration > Armor Stripping that can easily be accomplished with a x4 CP team.

PS: I really recommend the Overextended build. The range is perfect for Snow Globe against Bombards and it will also improve your Crowd Control abilities.

Edited by Loki