Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.2.2

DE_Adam

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

The refresh rate related changes are causing issues in some configurations.  I've got a monitor that has a native 60Hz refresh rate, and the only options the game is giving me are 50Hz and 59.94Hz, both of which get approximated by the monitor, resulting in a jittery display (the whole thing shakes up and down by a couple of scan lines at approximately 60Hz).  It's most noticeable with the Steam overlay (which has to run at the same display timings as the game), and in the HUD during missions.

Fixed an error causing modular Corpus enemies to spawn in Infested Sortie Missions.

A bit disappointed to be honest, this error actually made those missions feel a bit more alive and dynamic; seeing a lone NPC fend for his life against the infested. Originally I thought it was a rather nice touch.

Yet Exterminates are still completely broken. In Yesterday's sortie we got to the end with 162 of 163 killed and a green exit icon. The last guy never spawned. 10 minutes, no spawn. So I, as the host, aborted, so my buddies got the host migration. Then Lotus said incoming grineer, spawned the last guy and they won the sortie.

DE - put Exterminates back, and how about not awarding focus for exterminates until you find a better fix? At least that confines the problem to the focus system.

Or, how about rethinking Exterminate? Why is it 100% killed? How about you have to kill all but 5? So there are 200 guys, and you can exit when you are 195/200 (or some percentage). Wouldn't that be EASY to do, and fix a plethora of bugs/problems at the same time? Guys spawns in a wall, so what, guys back at the start? who cares.... last 3 guys don't spawn... no problem. Call the last 5 guys the janitors we didn't really HAVE to kill.

It's still less immersion breaking than not being able to extract after killing everything present.

Edited by Shockwave-

Focus system still encourages press-4-to-win and punishes you for playing on a support frame.  Exterminate fixes are great but they wouldn't be needed if you would've just fixed the focus system instead of trying to destroy focus farming methods.

Edited by djternan

I guess the exterminate fixes are more urgent than the focus system.

Don't be silly. Disregarding that we don't even know if the same people working on this patch are the same ones working on the focus system, the whole focus system is huge.

We all know its going to change. When the time comes I expect the changes will be big and all at once.

• Enemies lagging too far behind in a Mission when a Mission Objective Change to Exterminate will automatically be removed to eliminate mandatory backtracking.
  • when a Mission Objective Change(s?) to Exterminate

So not in normal exterminate missions I'm assuming.

Every time a performance fix comes up, it seems to F*** up older PC's.

I started warframe and what do you know, instead of 30-40 fps, i'm now getting 15-30.

I swear, they keep optimizing warframe while not having older dual cores PC's in mind, at this rate i'll have to stop playing this game at all due to inability to play above 20 fps.

I can't really lower the graphics any lower than Minimum DE.

Edited by Glasglow